BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Middlesbrough (H) Boxing Day (26/12/15) Kick Off @15.00

K-Hod

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Mercer a bookie with an ulterior motive? Not doubting his love for Rovers but there has to be more to his predictions.

I think he has usually quaffed a couple of glasses of red before making his prediction.

He's a glass empty = glass half full kind of guy (if you get my drfit!?)

With the benefit of hindsight the downpour and Ewood flooding was a Christmas present to Rovers.

Boro would have hammered us if yesterdays Rovers had turned out.

Not according to Lambert.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/28/bolton-wanderers-blackburn-rovers-championship-match-report

Lambert: I knew at the time the Middlesbrough game was off that it was going to have an adverse reaction to us because people have that mindset,” he said. “You’re better playing so everyone else is at the same level. I knew the Middlesbrough game being off was a dangerous thing for us – being fresh never really entered my brain.

Has there been any word on when this might go ahead, as late in the season as poss would be best for us :blink:

Also does anyone know what happens with ticket refunds as I bought an extra for someone who was only ever going to be a Boxing Day attender. No point hanging on to the tckt as I prob won't even be able to give it away !

Has there been any word on when this might go ahead, as late in the season as poss would be best for us :blink:

Also does anyone know what happens with ticket refunds as I bought an extra for someone who was only ever going to be a Boxing Day attender. No point hanging on to the tckt as I prob won't even be able to give it away !

In similar circumstances my son was home for Christmas and won't make the rearranged game. I took his ticket back to the ticket office today and got a full refund.

'The Football League would like to apologise to supporters of Blackburn Rovers and Middlesbrough for any inconvenience this further change might cause'

That's something you don't hear very often. The League speaking to and apologising to supporters.

I'd prefer it if they actually explained their reasoning behind this switch and why it clashes with their 'wider fixture scheduling requirements' rather than keeping us in the dark once again.

• Moderation Lead

Is there no chance we can tell the league to FO when they request us to change kick-off times?

(Perhaps not as directly as that, but I'm sure you all know what I mean!)

are we not due to play Fulham at home on the 30th January?

Yes but it's FA Cup 4th round too.

If we lose at Newport, Fulham win at Sheffield Wed, we have no league opponents. Boro would have to lose at home to Burnley in the cup, and their scheduled league opponents on 30th (MK Dons) would to win away at Northampton for them to be similarly free.

So not a realistic combination of results for it to be 30th Jan!

Archived