BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Middlesbrough (H) Boxing Day (26/12/15) Kick Off @15.00

K-Hod

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A light spring shower is generally enough to have a game called of at the Crown Ground to be fair.

Accy's ground this morning.

https://twitter.com/ASFCofficial/status/680670630245724160

Drive carefully .... Walk carefully ..... Careful thinking of building an ark @roversnewsonly @OneRovers #football

• Backroom

Provided the Darwen doesn't flood and the pitch continues to drain properly in to it we should be OK.

The red flood warnings are for Whalley, Ribchester and St Michaels. The rest are general rather than severe.

Personally think the right thing to do is call it off.

Laurel bank terrace is underwater at the moment so anyone coming from Preston or off the motorway at hoghton may face issues m

Remember we played Boro back a number of years ago (under Hughes?) when the rain was torrential and the pitch was somewhat heavy with water to put it mildly. The outer edges of the pitch looked like a swimming pool but it still went ahead. Can't remember much else other than we won, and Woodgate played for them. In light of that I think we'll be playing.

Think we'll lose though - 2-0 Boro. We don't quite have enough in the locker to win these games at present, although a couple of additions to the squad and I'd feel a lot more optimistic about these games. Would be happy with a draw.

• Backroom

I think the Rovers game will be on personally.

Anyone Driving need to drive sensible.

Btw, Stanley game been called off

Game highly in doubt according to the club

Looks like it will be off

A a rare visit from me.

It would be a farce to play this game. For the travelling fans (I have ST friends in Salmesbury Bottoms who cannot get out due to floods) and the players it should be called off soon.

Imagine trying to watch and play in this deluge.....it would be a joke.

Archived