BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton V Rovers - 28/12/15

sambo

I can't agree Stuart, it's like this every game, if Shane Duffy breathes the wrong way, JAL is asking Chaddy usually, Tonoyoz since doing the stats who was at fault. Either that or who's who's agent and if the manager has full control over transfers, it grates.

Depends on the tone you read his posts in. We are all characters on here. JAL is a grumpy sod, nowt wrong with it per se, even if it gets your goat.

Still, you're the mod...

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JAL will love this, a few posts about him, the man that said Phil Jones wouldn't get a game down pleasington.....

If he ever said anything positive I'd not be posting this, I don't think he's a Rover, but hey ho just ignore his posts, I try too.

• Moderation Lead

Depends on the tone you read his posts in. We are all characters on here. JAL is a grumpy sod, nowt wrong with it per se, even if it gets your goat.

Still, you're the mod...

He's more than welcome to be himself but as I explained, I don't know what those particular posts of his achieve other than to wind others up.

JAL will love this, a few posts about him, the man that said Phil Jones wouldn't get a game down pleasington.....

If he ever said anything positive I'd not be posting this, I don't think he's a Rover, but hey ho just ignore his posts, I try too.

Course he is! He's certainly consistent with the grumbling you hear on the Ewood terraces.

• Moderation Lead

I can't really go down the ignoring route GAV...

He's more than welcome to be himself but as I explained, I don't know what those particular posts of his achieve other than to wind others up.

I could say the same of at least three regular prolific posters...!

I never use the ignore facility, I just ignore the posts, or try too, but I bit the other night which I regret.

You look for a bit of balance, even the most miserable sods have some balance and if they don't you have to ask why.

It's a valid question. Duffy was outmuscled far too easily by Madine to turn and score the winner. I'm still not sure he has improved as much as people give him credit for.

He wasn't out muscled. No muscles were harmed in the way he just allowed the Bolton player to turn slowly and eventually pick his spot. He just nodded off for a second or two or three. Zzzzzz.

Horrible horrible showing. Did not start to play till we were down. Just like when GB was here. These players are still embracing the Bowyer mentality. Lambert will have to weed out the bad eggs. As.for Lambert he's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy. Let's just say I have.concerns, mostly due to the fact we've not even seen a hint of what he promised us. Keeping the faith for now, let's see what he can cobble together in January. Who was that playing in Rhodes' shirt.

It's not about me guys but the alleged to the very few the number one defender, which I, fail very much to see or agree with at this moment in time that's all.

I never use the ignore facility, I just ignore the posts, or try too, but I bit the other night which I regret.

You look for a bit of balance, even the most miserable sods have some balance and if they don't you have to ask why.

I said the other night Rovers would struggle at Bolton having not scored in the past two games and a couple of other things which you wrongly became inflamed about.

For positives I did try to whip up some support for the youth team last Saturday.

JAL, please stop talking in riddles, you know the answer already obviously.

If however you are actually unsure and want their input, could I ask that you ask via PM, or indeed seek out the highlights of the game yesterday? That should give you a definitive answer to your question.

Are you out to protect the player in question k-hod ?

JAL, please stop talking in riddles, you know the answer already obviously.

If however you are actually unsure and want their input, could I ask that you ask via PM, or indeed seek out the highlights of the game yesterday? That should give you a definitive answer to your question.

• Moderation Lead

It's not about me guys but the alleged to the very few the number one defender, which I, fail very much to see or agree with at this moment in time that's all.

I said the other night Rovers would struggle at Bolton having not scored in the past two games and a couple of other things which you wrongly became inflamed about.

For positives I did try to whip up some support for the youth team last Saturday.

Are you out to protect the player in question k-hod ?

Not out to protect anyone, but I'm genuinely confused why you keep asking questions you already know the answer to!! You know Duffy made the mistake so why ask this question to tonyoz and Chaddy? I'm genuinely confused...

Err, I've been banging on about leadership for longer than I care to remember. There's not one natural captain out there or on the playing staff, we should have several. Like I said yesterday we're a team of soft lads. We need an animal or two in the team ASAP. You can thank Bowyer for that

Apologies. However I can only conclude you haven't had enough support!

When you look at that squad, who could you say is a leader? Who could feel so respected that they could bollock a team-mate for doing the wrong thing?

Yet that sort of leadership is crucual to success. We have had plenty in the past, too many to mention here but not so now.

So you wouldn't give him at least one transfer window - wow hard task master

You know what I was getting at. The fact that you could even consider Lambert's position after only one transfer window says volumes about you.

Given that GB had 5 and you didn't even call for his sacking after all those beggers belief.

You know what I was getting at. The fact that you could even consider Lambert's position after only one transfer window says volumes about you.

Given that GB had 5 and you didn't even call for his sacking after all those beggers belief.

Do you understand the phrase "at least" and BTW this was in response to people's reaction to the defeat at Bolton (a little clue if you read my post - I was actually defending him).

GB had 5 - but he was a "so called" rookie - PL is an experienced manager so I expect him to turn things around quicker (and I am sure the owners do to). After one window - I would hope that he will be able to bring in players more suited to his style of play - and we will see an improvement. Personally I don't think this squad is as bad as some make out - but does need some quality in key positions - especially players more suited to the new tactics.

BTW - you need to look back at my posts - I did say that it was time to replace GB as he had taken as far as he could a good few matches prior to his removal. But unlike some - I will always think he did a reasonable job in difficult circumstances - he wasn't perfect but did a lot better than some give him credit for. The fact that we are now out of an embargo is in some way down to him - as the sales of Cairney and Gestede obviously took us closer to get out of it.

I think the fact that you jump on one sentence - without reading my post in it's full context - speaks volumes about you !

Come off it! Don't hide behind weasel words. I haven't quoted you out of context at all! Nor have I twisted your words, misinterpreted you or any other claim you want to make. You said it so at least own up.

"At least" in the context of your post means that you feel we should give Lambert at least until January before his position is reviewed.

Appointed in November FFS! Are we really going back to that?

But I'm not worried, even Venkys are not that stupid.

Come off it! Don't hide behind weasel words. I haven't quoted you out of context at all! Nor have I twisted your words, misinterpreted you or any other claim you want to make. You said it so at least own up.

"At least" in the context of your post means that you feel we should give Lambert at least until January before his position is reviewed.

Appointed in November FFS! Are we really going back to that?

But I'm not worried, even Venkys are not that stupid.

You really struggle with English don't you - or are just trying to manipulate things to match your own agenda.

"We have to give PL at least one transfer window (which will possibly see Rhodes leave) and then see where we are."

Let me spell it out for you - "and then see where we are" doesn't necessarily mean his position would be reviewed in January (especially considering the window only finishes the end of January) - just me saying that we will hopefully be in a better position after a transfer window and he has more players suited to his style of play. You are obviously in ultra defensive mode and decided to interpret my words in your own way - if you knew me - or cared to read my previous posts regarding previous managers you would realise how wrong you are.

Somewhat backed up by the sentence :-

"You can see the way he wants us to play - but to be honest we don't have the players"

Also the following sentence :-

"Yesterday proved that every dog has its day in the Championship - and a few things like the penalty shout showed things wouldn't go our way"

is hardly having a go at PL - but actually sounds like defending the manager.

I am not certain what your problem is - other than being particularly stubborn and not wanting to admit you have misinterpreted my original post - but life is far too short.

On consideration the thing with this group of players is they fold under the slightest pressure. Every time there is the pressure of expectation they crumble. We must have gone to Bolton as favourites to win and they just couldn't deal with that expectation. We were great in last years FA Cup run and the games that didn't matter because the expectations were very low.

You really struggle with English don't you - or are just trying to manipulate things to match your own agenda.

"We have to give PL at least one transfer window (which will possibly see Rhodes leave) and then see where we are."

Let me spell it out for you - "and then see where we are" doesn't necessarily mean his position would be reviewed in January (especially considering the window only finishes the end of January) - just me saying that we will hopefully be in a better position after a transfer window and he has more players suited to his style of play. You are obviously in ultra defensive mode and decided to interpret my words in your own way - if you knew me - or cared to read my previous posts regarding previous managers you would realise how wrong you are.

"You can see the way he wants us to play - but to be honest we don't have the players"

"Yesterday proved that every dog has its day in the Championship - and a few things like the penalty shout showed things wouldn't go our way"

I am not certain what your problem is - other than being particularly stubborn and not wanting to admit you have misinterpreted my original post - but life is far too short.

Life IS too short, your post was barmy and that's it. Review is a constant thing, you always have to take stock of where you are in any sphere of life. Hardly worth a post on that and its not how your post reads.

My agenda? To support the best manager we have had in a fair while and not let those with a different agenda have the field to themselves.

• Moderation Lead

The two lads at the back seem to have some cojones, after that, there doesn't seem to be any fight (I suppose Apkan to some extent).

Indeed.

Honestly, as a professional footballer, if I'd lost to the rock bottom club who hadn't won in 18 games, hadn't been paid and with administration looming, I'd be ashamed of myself and too embarrassed for words. When you really think about it, it's just about the most pathetic result we've had against Bolton in recent years (and there've been plenty to choose from).

It's a strange one because I read your 'one window comment' in exactly the same way as 47er (but I guess "I would"). Maybe it's the position your prior posts have come from that provide the context, possibly erroneously.

I certainly can't see any value in reviewing anything or "seeing where we are" after a transfer window - especially the Sky TV invention that is the JTW.

I think we need to see where we are by the start of next season and a proper pre-season under our belts with some of Lambert's own men coming in. That will show how much further we have to go.

This is the greatest shame of the extended time that Bowyer was given, it has made recovery all the harder. Once he plateaued at the start of last season that should have been the time. At the time the 'mb agenda' was that nobody better would come. That has been proven false. Maybe Bowyer got a bum deal by having to cope with the reshaping of the club to meet the demands of FFP - or possibly accounting mistakes, that seemed a good idea at the time (although I'll readily admit to being envious of Bolton's swerving) - but ultimately he didn't assemble a good enough team, and got shut of players who seem to perform at other clubs - option for quantity over quality - and then not having the ideas or presence to get the best out of what we had/have.

On consideration the thing with this group of players is they fold under the slightest pressure. Every time there is the pressure of expectation they crumble. We must have gone to Bolton as favourites to win and they just couldn't deal with that expectation. We were great in last years FA Cup run and the games that didn't matter because the expectations were very low.

There's a long list of occasions where we are favorites for a game and are expected to win comfortably and simply cannot cope with it.

Carlisle, Rotherham, Doncaster, Scunthorpe, Shrewsbury, Yeovil, Blackpool, Bolton.

I'm now firmly of the view that the players are to blame, rather than the manager. Between now and the start of next season i want a complete overhaul and elimination of this weak attitude which reared its head again at Bolton.

I think having someone like Lambert over seeing pre season will also make a massive difference. It's obvious that all that's happened in summers since Kean was in charge is quite simply going through the motions.

Going back even further the difference after a pre season under Souness and then one under Hughes was massive. At least this time you'd expect them to be trained as they intend to play again rather than the recent plod through some basic coaching manual type stuff.

Summers a long way off though :mellow:

Archived