BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Disharmony

Dunnfc

We've heard allot of the players being weak mentality recently from PL and on the promotion of Darragh Lenihan his comments about Darragh being mentally tough enough. Given this and rumors of Olsson apparently not leaving the coach which players do you consider being part of the revolt?

Hanley - Still as strong as ever. I think he's behind PL especially giving his previous allegiances to GB.

Akpan - Becoming a better player under PL, evidence to suggest he backs PL.

So who do you think chaps?

Grant Hanley is nailed on behind PL,

Fitness seems to be the biggest issue along with a weak midfield.

Some of the players have to stand up to the PL fitness plate sooner or later.

It is going to take time.

• Backroom

I'm not sure there's an outright revolt or mutiny. As Toppers said in another thread, it's more likely a combination of certain players sulking over having their cushy lifestyle under GB taken away and most of the others not being anywhere near good enough to understand or implement PL's gameplan.

What's the full story with Olsson?

Locked himself in the toilet on the first team coach and refused to get out before the Cardiff match, apparently.

Hanley and Duffy I can imagine being behind PL, as could Conway with the signing of a new deal. Marshall could or couldn't because he's been bad under PL and GB this season. Olssons definitely sulking, whereas Spurr isn't but equally isn't good enough. The rest I've no idea. Lawrence is probably upset at being benched (I know his mum was, see her Twitter).

overated swedish meat balls

If Swedish meatballs are those boiled golf balls they serve in Ikea no wonder he was ropey.

Locked himself in the toilet on the first team coach and refused to get out before the Cardiff match, apparently.

Hanley and Duffy I can imagine being behind PL, as could Conway with the signing of a new deal. Marshall could or couldn't because he's been bad under PL and GB this season. Olssons definitely sulking, whereas Spurr isn't but equally isn't good enough. The rest I've no idea. Lawrence is probably upset at being benched (I know his mum was, see her Twitter).

Might be one or two bad eggs no doubt but I don't buy the outright mutiny theory that's flying about. Some of em put a shift in yesterday but just like before PL came they just aren't very good players. We'll know if the full on revolt happens as we'll start getting tanked.

If it wasn't for the defensive cock up we'd have been looking at 0-0 again yesterday.

Don't think it's a full on rebellion like we saw from Sherwood and Co. under Woy. I'm thinking it's more like the vast majority of the players are rubbish and incredibly soft. The team is crying out for some proper dogs of war; Savage, Short, Todd. Rhodes is on a proper sulk mind you.

Kean stacked the deck with his mates like Murphy who were toxic and in my opinion contributed 100% to the downfall of berg. Now if rumours are to be believed that bowyer was running a holiday camp for his mates and now under lambert the training is difficult so the players are sulking because they may have to do some work then I fear the same thing is happening to lambert as did to berg.

Whether true or not I believe this squad has been so used to mediocrity any thing or anyone trying to shake them out of it is getting short shrift. I only hope lambert is able to bring in some real professionals who aren't afraid to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in. Unlike these self entitled bunch of lazy bums. Really starting to dislike this group of "footballers".

Harder nowadays to get rid of bad eggs. Hopefully the coaching squad and real Pro's will weed them out. The problem looks like the grafters aren't the best players which makes for a bad mix.

Maybe Olsson was trying to get rid of bad eggs in that toilet, it can be hard.

• Backroom

The Olsson thing seems to be Lambert sending a message after Olsson has shown desire to leave more than anything, the OTT praise of Spurr confirmed that for me.

It's not a tactic I agree with or that has paid off but that's what I think has happened.

I remember posting last season a comment from someone inside the club who told me "The atmosphere and moral was the best he'd ever known it" - under Bowyer.

This worried me at the time, and we may well be seeing the comfort zone consequences.

On the Olson thing, I doubt he behaved so childishly, but I think a January transfer could benefit both parties, if we get a decent fee (relative to him going for free in a couple of months).

Archived