BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] An Open Letter

It feels every bit of a no win situation. Unpredictable, disinterested wealthy people with seemingly cold hearts and deaf ears, pitted against demoralised, poorer people with broken hearts and a massive void in their lives where joy and passion used to reside.

You miss the Vulcan as well then

:D

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is basically the end of the season, we are safe and Lambert is busy blooding our youth to see what talent is good enough to be used in the first team, not unreasonable considering how much has been invested in the academy these past couple of years or so.

We won`t know what the budget is or I suspect when he receives it, as a professional, he would be an idiot to share that info.

It seems pretty strange that whenever a rumour or opinion appears on here, it ends up in the mainstream media, I say that because many times it is conjecture by one of us, but the media is printing it as fact i.e no money, Lambert going to Celtic etc. It seems in turn, we then take it as fact and that is exactly where all the trouble starts.

The next thing we know is, Stuart is writing open letters, Abbey is having a hissy fit, fans want to protest again and there is a general meltdown. To be honest I was under the impression that Lambert was guaranteed/promised money to move the team forward. He has not spent much up to now, got us out of FFP by selling players and patched the team to get us through the rest of the season, I reckon where we were at his appointment, was a bridge too far to expect promotion. His strategy seems to have worked.

Can we not just see out the rest of the season and take it from there. Blooded youngsters, deadwood cleared out and a bit of money spent promises a better next season.

It is basically the end of the season, we are safe and Lambert is busy blooding our youth to see what talent is good enough to be used in the first team, not unreasonable considering how much has been invested in the academy these past couple of years or so.

We won`t know what the budget is or I suspect when he receives it, as a professional, he would be an idiot to share that info.

It seems pretty strange that whenever a rumour or opinion appears on here, it ends up in the mainstream media, I say that because many times it is conjecture by one of us, but the media is printing it as fact i.e no money, Lambert going to Celtic etc. It seems in turn, we then take it as fact and that is exactly where all the trouble starts.

The next thing we know is, Stuart is writing open letters, Abbey is having a hissy fit, fans want to protest again and there is a general meltdown. To be honest I was under the impression that Lambert was guaranteed/promised money to move the team forward. He has not spent much up to now, got us out of FFP by selling players and patched the team to get us through the rest of the season, I reckon where we were at his appointment, was a bridge too far to expect promotion. His strategy seems to have worked.

Can we not just see out the rest of the season and take it from there. Blooded youngsters, deadwood cleared out and a bit of money spent promises a better next season.

Except PL went public with his concerns

I just see the same old cycle - albeit with an experienced manager. Personally I think that the supporters whining about the Rhodes money etc are ott and missing the absolute basics (we were never going to spend it in Jan as it was the aim to stay out of sanctions in June) but this recurrent lack of communication, a lack of structure, direction and a plan is going to cost us a potentially great manager (for this division) and countless more fans (me included this time). We are just waiting for the bad news because this feels oh so familiar, even after finally employing the experience we've desperately wanted.

Except PL went public with his concerns

Exactly. Its not like we fans are going over the top when there is nothing to worry about.

Lambert has spent months now telling us publicly that things are very wrong at Ewood.

Maybe we should take things as sorted then, just a matter of getting through the next few weeks.

Lamberts interviews tell us everything's not well, he's publicly said he's had no contact with the owners and that's a bit of a worry at this stage of the season wouldn't you say?

Lamberts interviews tell us everything's not well, he's publicly said he's had no contact with the owners and that's a bit of a worry at this stage of the season wouldn't you say?

Who really knows Gav, that is pretty much my point, until we know for sure we should be keeping it real.

Humiliate them at our peril I would say

yoda is exactly right and I'd suggest placing an advert in an Indian newspaper, no matter how carefully worded, will have exactly this effect.

If a small group of supporters chose to take this action the group needs to take a long hard look at their own position. It may seem a great idea, it may be cathartic, the group may feel it's acting in everyone's best interest but does that group represent the fanbase? No.

Approximately 30 people posting on a message board does not represent the support. Publically humiliating the owners in a manner which could result in the club being starved of even more cash is a huge responsibility being proposed by a minute percentage of the fanbase. Such a group has no legitimate right to claim to act on behalf of the fans. Without clear support from the majority taking out an advert in Indian, especially, or other media would be wrong.

It won't happen for two reasons; money and this is just another example of people talking but not walking.

For the present I believe that Lambert is still in the best position to do the talking:

Lambert said: “It’s got to come (clarification). It can’t keep coming as late as this. There’s only two weeks until the end of the season and it’s a bit bizarre still not knowing what’s happening.”

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/14444650.Elliott_Bennett__Uncertainty_over_future_direction_of_Blackburn_Rovers_not_an_excuse_for_poor_form/?ref=mac

If the Venkys are not/will not speak to the Club's Manager then a Fan led initiative has no chance and as said by Paul above an advert as proposed is only likely to have adverse results.

Sit tight for a few more weeks - there is SFA else useful that can be done.

• Backroom

Yes, and it's his appearance on the scene that gives me hope. They do take notice of him I think.

Pretty sure he's been around since day one

yoda is exactly right and I'd suggest placing an advert in an Indian newspaper, no matter how carefully worded, will have exactly this effect.

If a small group of supporters chose to take this action the group needs to take a long hard look at their own position. It may seem a great idea, it may be cathartic, the group may feel it's acting in everyone's best interest but does that group represent the fanbase? No.

Approximately 30 people posting on a message board does not represent the support. Publically humiliating the owners in a manner which could result in the club being starved of even more cash is a huge responsibility being proposed by a minute percentage of the fanbase. Such a group has no legitimate right to claim to act on behalf of the fans. Without clear support from the majority taking out an advert in Indian, especially, or other media would be wrong.

It won't happen for two reasons; money and this is just another example of people talking but not walking.

Has anything that's happened over the past 5/6yrs been done to represent the fanbase?

The fans forum flew to India with the best of intentions but never represented the fanbase. In fact I'd wager most fans would have said boycott if given the chance.

Did the 2 Ian's fly to India to represent the fanbase?

Protest after protest poorly attended, not supported by the fanbase.

We're just throwing a few ideas around on a message board, because whilst other clubs fans have unity, drive and direction ours are still worried about upsetting 3 people in Pune that have destroyed, businesses, destroyed families and are intent on destroying the football club.

I respect your views and understand the sentiment Paul, but as a fan of this great club I'm embarrassed by 'sit down and shut up' mentality of large swathes of the support.

What will it take to get people out of there seats? Melting down the Jack Walker statue maybe?

Who represents the fans ? The fans forum ? They don't represent me

The trust ? They don't represent me either

Ste b ? He just lies about me :(

Gav is right , the sit down shut up and take it the a@@& are not helping either .

I'm still 50/50 whether that's me finished after the gobby it's not venkys fault last week .

Gav is right , the sit down shut up and take it the a@@& are not helping either .

I'm still 50/50 whether that's me finished after the gobby it's not venkys fault last week .

It's 100% the Venkies fault, their name over the door.

I would be the last one to say do nothing.

Humiliating someone will not bring them to the table though.

Another way needs to be found.

This Suhail guy is probably the avenue to take.

I just see the same old cycle - albeit with an experienced manager. Personally I think that the supporters whining about the Rhodes money etc are ott and missing the absolute basics (we were never going to spend it in Jan as it was the aim to stay out of sanctions in June) but this recurrent lack of communication, a lack of structure, direction and a plan is going to cost us a potentially great manager (for this division) and countless more fans (me included this time). We are just waiting for the bad news because this feels oh so familiar, even after finally employing the experience we've desperately wanted.

Exactly Pedro

It might be a different pair of shoes with PL but still the same shoelaces ( V V ANKEYS)

Can't believe people are worried about humiliating them after all that has happened over the last 5/6 years

With GAV and Abbey et al on this - the loons have to go , however without co-ordination in India nothing will get off the ground there and needs to be closer to home action.

They are the common defining factor in all this remove it and the calculations can be started again maybe at Infant level rather than GCSE or whatever they are called nowadays

Exactly Pedro

It might be a different pair of shoes with PL but still the same shoelaces ( V V ANKEYS)

Can't believe people are worried about humiliating them after all that has happened over the last 5/6 years

With GAV and Abbey et al on this - the loons have to go , however without co-ordination in India nothing will get off the ground there and needs to be closer to home action.

They are the common defining factor in all this remove it and the calculations can be started again maybe at Infant level rather than GCSE or whatever they are called nowadays

I don't think anyone is saying that they don't deserve to be humiliated, pilloried or whatever.

The concern is about the outcome.

That said, I have seen no evidence to suggest normal, polite behaviour will achieve anything with the Raos.!

Anyone else think it's great timing if this biscuit fella has allegedly gone missing due to that old chestnut 'permit issues' :o

Why should he need a permit? Surely he could be paid from Pune.

Too right ABBEY. None of those people represent me either but then who have we got who does?

I don't think anyone is saying that they don't deserve to be humiliated, pilloried or whatever.

The concern is about the outcome.

That said, I have seen no evidence to suggest normal, polite behaviour will achieve anything with the Raos.!

That's the thing LV - on the evidence given that has gone on thus for with the loons ( damned if we do) - the questioned is will we actually be damned if we don't?

I am with GAV on this and don't think we will sink without a trace, so for me we have to get rid of the disease that lies within with the loons and take the chance ( damned or not)

I am with GAV on this and don't think we will sink without a trace, so for me we have to get rid of the disease that lies within with the loons and take the chance ( damned or not)

Alienating someone you owe over a hundred million pounds to, seems quite suicidal to me.

Has anything that's happened over the past 5/6yrs been done to represent the fanbase?

The fans forum flew to India with the best of intentions but never represented the fanbase. In fact I'd wager most fans would have said boycott if given the chance.

Did the 2 Ian's fly to India to represent the fanbase?

Protest after protest poorly attended, not supported by the fanbase.

We're just throwing a few ideas around on a message board, because whilst other clubs fans have unity, drive and direction ours are still worried about upsetting 3 people in Pune that have destroyed, businesses, destroyed families and are intent on destroying the football club.

I respect your views and understand the sentiment Paul, but as a fan of this great club I'm embarrassed by 'sit down and shut up' mentality of large swathes of the support.

What will it take to get people out of there seats? Melting down the Jack Walker statue maybe?

Message Board Gold, that post.

Archived