BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] An Open Letter

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Humiliate them at our peril I would say

I have to say this troubles me, as well.

I guess much depends on the endgame. Personally, I have decided they have to go. I think I would even prefer administration to a slow lingering, reductionist slide into apathy/oblivion. I do not believe they will do anything other than string us all along, investing nothing.

So, what is the most likely way to get them out?

On the other hand, I worry about bating them to the point of a punitive, (even more) destructive response.

However, the one thing we can't escape is that no dialogue, negotiation is possible. It is as if the BRFC stakeholders like the fans , the town...and even the manager(!)don't exist.

Read that recent post by "Only One Jack Walker" in particular and then come back with the "be nice to them" theory.

As I said before nobody blackmails me and nobody will blackmail this fanbase.

What's all that about?

You abuse them if you want, but the truth at the moment, is that the best outcome for this club is that they hand over the running of the club to a good CEO. There's nothing else on the table that comes near to that Vinjay.

I'm with Yoda. This could very quickly go tits up.

Well we all have differing views on this, if an advert in the press would force them to leave I'd fund the damn thing myself :tu:

I'm assuming you're also going to fund the millions of pounds we lose every month as well, Gav?

Well we all have differing views on this, if an advert in the press would force them to leave I'd fund the damn thing myself :tu:

That would cost you £100,000 plus matey; wait a bit longer and you'll be able to buy the whole club for significantly less.

Ok maybe "humiliate" was the wrong word!

Certainly do something that strikes the balance but no harm in highlighting some of the errors that they have made and then urging them to learn from their mistakes. The key is to get them to listen, they might totally ignore it but by targeting them via this way you might get some of the business community over there questioning them or bringing it up in general conversation.

Read that recent post by "Only One Jack Walker" in particular and then come back with the "be nice to them" theory.

As I said before nobody blackmails me and nobody will blackmail this fanbase.

How are you being blackmailed ?

I agree.

Much as I'd like to blast them into outer space we have to be careful here because I already think there is an element of hanging us out to dry going on. They've distanced themselves and if you look around their businesses it's not unusual for them to start some franchise up then just leave it to it's own devices if it's not working out as they planned.

Typical spoon fed rich people who'll throw money at something whilst they're interested but once they aren't it's up to others to sort it. I reckon that's what's happening at Rovers now with the only real contact being their finance people and ours. If they have another whim they may green light some cash, if they get insulted they'll just turn a blind eye to it again and pretend it's not them.

A polite reminder of their obligations and a desperate plea to back THEIR manager is the best first step. If they do nothing or worse then it's time for the gloves to come off !

I'm assuming you're also going to fund the millions of pounds we lose every month as well, Gav?

If Venkys stay around for much longer we'll not have a club anyway J*B, so I'm firmly of the opinion we need them gone whatever the cost, like bolton, Leeds, Bournemouth, Pompey we'll get picked up, we're Blackburn Rovers, the most successful town club in the country :tu:

I agree with GAV. I'd much rather them be humiliated infront of their peers than tip-toe around them. They are not worth the air they breath. Humiliate them as they have us.

We are the ones who have to deal with their mistakes. They have turned our club into a joke, it is only fair we respond the same.

Tiptoeing around them has worked so far............oh no it hasn't the club is a fkin shambles from top to bottom.

What would you suggest Shaun, apologies if I've already missed it.

I for one will not tippy toe around them. Who the hell do they think they are. Like someone else said, it's like a junkie sucking up to his dealer. Bloody absent owners that's all they are.

The differing opinions are interesting and perfectly understandable.

Clearly, we need supporter agreement on a desired outcome -which may not have to be too over ambitious-and any strategy should be aimed at achieving it.

Then actions would be selected to fit in with the strategy...Easy to say Lol

My own analysis is that nothing so far has ever made them give a damn about the best interests of the club or engaging other stakeholders.

Absence is the key word here.

I keep returning to a previous child protection analogy. Venky's are the parents who have gone away on holiday, leaving the baby home alone....with the hungry alsatian!!

Yes, and it's his appearance on the scene that gives me hope. They do take notice of him I think.

That's who we need to try and get some dialog with

Did anyone find out who was in the helicopter the other day ?

Yes, and it's his appearance on the scene that gives me hope. They do take notice of him I think.

Seems like he's gone missing in action after find out he's not getting the top job on the big bucks due to a work permit.

Lambert needs answers now, in fact he needed answers weeks ago really on the loan players and contracts coming to an end.

Circus.

It feels every bit of a no win situation. Unpredictable, disinterested wealthy people with seemingly cold hearts and deaf ears, pitted against demoralised, poorer people with broken hearts and a massive void in their lives where joy and passion used to reside.

Archived