BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

All good stuff this, to a point: I can't get my head round if they decide to 'sell up' ,then who to?

Small steps I guess but surely it should be part of a 'plan'. It's folly IMO, if it's just assumed Seneca and their investors are still just waiting in the wings. I guess they will be pretty p!55ed off following their treatment by both 'the board' and Venkys and that opportunity may have gone.

Just food for thought, anyone else got any ideas?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All good stuff this, to a point: I can't get my head round if they decide to 'sell up' ,then who to?

Small steps I guess but surely it should be part of a 'plan'. It's folly IMO, if it's just assumed Seneca and their investors are still just waiting in the wings. I guess they will be pretty p!55ed off following their treatment by both 'the board' and Venkys and that opportunity may have gone.

Just food for thought, anyone else got any ideas?

It's a good shout Darren my man. I'll give you that, and who could blame them? From what I heard it was a more than reasonable offer, in fact bloody generous.

For all we know Desai is brown bread and sat in a room decomposing. She normally turns up once every three years. She's due. I just hope everything's OK. After all at this rate their "baby" will have grown up and be living on the streets in a cardboard box by the time she makes another trip over.

It's a good shout Darren my man. I'll give you that, and who could blame them? From what I heard it was a more than reasonable offer, in fact bloody generous.

For all we know Desai is brown bread and sat in a room decomposing. She normally turns up once every three years. She's due. I just hope everything's OK. After all at this rate their "baby" will have grown up and be living on the streets in a cardboard box by the time she makes another trip over.

It was more than generous in the circumstances Bob, you're right. Only the Raos could decide that it didn't even warrant further discussion.

Who knows what determines their thought process?

It was more than generous in the circumstances Bob, you're right. Only the Raos could decide that it didn't even warrant further discussion.

Hahaha...but do you mean it really was the Raos' decision?!

Seriously, I agree with focusing on the Raos, but I would like to develop a strategy of taking the protest the the door of the FA...and finding a way to get the agent thing out there....

A plane flying #venkysout.com over the ODI in Pune and around Venkys towers, and over their houses would be a great way of getting publicity and shaming them in their home town.

would an RC drone be able to support a decent size banner? if able to be piloted in radio range from behind the riverside it could hover the banner in front of the camera gantry, could get a simple "venkys out" right in the SKY cameras field of view!!

It's almost as though it's not their club at times Darren. I mean why still own it now? After that extremely generous offer?

It's all very strange, especially when you consider those agent rumours. If only we had someone on the Board at Ewood who worked for The FA and could ask around a bit... Wadda you think Len?

Did you know that? A member of the board at Ewood is a member of The Football Association!! "Nothing to see here, move on, everything's fine, tell someone who gives a sh..."

Hahaha...but do you mean it really was the Raos' decision?!

Seriously, I agree with focusing on the Raos, but I would like to develop a strategy of taking the protest the the door of the FA...and finding a way to get the agent thing out there....

Who knows who makes the decisions Leonard but unless the FBI knock on the door at Lancaster Gate, I think we're wasting our time but like yourself and KK, I'd just love it too.

would an RC drone be able to support a decent size banner? if able to be piloted in radio range from behind the riverside it could hover the banner in front of the camera gantry, could get a simple "venkys out" right in the SKY cameras field of view!!

An RC drone? I am incensed....Would the banner have to be in Latin?

I think you are correct. Whatever happens needs to be coordinated and probably the best way is through the trust as they have some financial clout. Not sure how much money they have available but if possible another suggestion would be to purchase Venky shares and turn up legitimately at the next annual shareholders meeting and start asking some very pertinent questions.

I put forward the suggestion of purchasing shares weeks ago and attending the shareholder meeting. It didn't get one response.

The only way for a mass protest,

for maximum coverage.

Is attend the wolves match.

Constant chanting of ' venkys out' from a mass of Rovers fans - would be the most affective way of protest.

Empty seats can be easily misrepresented. Economics etc.

A protest needs to be seen and heard and to leave no room for misinterpretatation.

BUT also get behind the team - after all, we all want the team and the club to do well - players are not at fault for what Venkys have done.- media cannot then say fans are not supporting the club / team. I believe Venkys fear the fans - but if they cannot see you, hear you, they can't fear you.

No Coyle out chants - Only Venkys out. (leave Coyle for another day)

It is a live match - radio / TV cannot help but pick it up. It could even get the media onside.

It will show the passion of the supporters. Who whilst chanting Venkys out are fully behind the team on the field.

There will still be folk who cannot make the match for various reasons.

Therefore fans who attend need to video / record the chanting of Venkys out.

All on twitter put it up. Other retweet and get it trending.

Leave NO DOUBT in anybody mind - the protest is only about we want venkys out'.

A full, passionate Ewood Park shows the world, the supporters of this great club care about their club.

Because they care. They want Venkys out.

I understand folk do not want to give venkys any income. You are not. You are giving it to the 'venkys out protest'. You are there to be counted.

Who is going to be threatened for attending a football match????????????

My wife travels up from East Sussex for every match at Ewood Park. She meets the players before and after the match (not always on mid week matches, as she travels back after the match)

Often she has said, it appears only the Darwen end care. As the venkys out chant come from there. (She sits in the Jack Walker stand)

She, like myself believe a full Ewood Park chanting Venkys out has to be more affective than, what appears to be a few.

I cannot attend many matches, due to work commitments - Or in Bruges.

I hope to come for the Sheff Weds match.

But when I can I log onto radiorovers - biased commentary aside - venkys out chants should be so loud that even they cannot muffle it.

Empty seats cannot chant 'Venkys Out'.

But you can.

I put forward the suggestion of purchasing shares weeks ago and attending the shareholder meeting. It didn't get one response.

Heard a sensible idea on this MB after a long time. Though getting people to actually put their money where their mouth is would be a tough job. Also, it would cost a measly 10-15 million compared to the cost needed to buy out the club. A couple of million shares and you could easily press the right buttons at the Annual General Meeting :)

for maximum coverage.

Constant chanting of ' venkys out' from a mass of Rovers fans - would be the most affective way of protest.

A protest needs to be seen and heard and to leave no room for misinterpretatation.

BUT also get behind the team - after all, we all want the team and the club to do well - players are not at fault for what Venkys have done.- media cannot then say fans are not supporting the club / team. I believe Venkys fear the fans - but if they cannot see you, hear you, they can't fear you.

It is a live match - radio / TV cannot help but pick it up. It could even get the media onside.

It will show the passion of the supporters. Who whilst chanting Venkys out are fully behind the team on the field.

A full, passionate Ewood Park shows the world, the supporters of this great club care about their club.

I understand folk do not want to give venkys any income. You are not. You are giving it to the 'venkys out protest'. You are there to be counted.

My wife travels up from East Sussex for every match at Ewood Park. She meets the players before and after the match (not always on mid week matches, as she travels back after the match)

Often she has said, it appears only the Darwen end care. As the venkys out chant come from there. (She sits in the Jack Walker stand)

She, like myself believe a full Ewood Park chanting Venkys out has to be more affective than, what appears to be a few.

But when I can I log onto radiorovers - biased commentary aside - venkys out chants should be so loud that even they cannot muffle it.

But you can.

Worth a try. It could work.

for maximum coverage.

But you can.

You can't protest by filling out a ground. Just doesn't make any sense

I can't grasp how filling the ground would be a protest.

For a start, it's totally unreasonable to think it can be done. We have never filled our ground. Why would we now?

Secondly, it's more money for Venkys. I won't be spending a penny more on these scumbags.

We need to be careful what ideas are posted in a public domain.

Also is it about time, as a minimum that the site is locked down to members only...? I.e. No 'Guests' - even if only temporarily?

Totally agree, dates , type of action etc. Will handicap any movement.

You can bet your bottom dollar things are already being put in place to put a stop on things which are in the pipeline.

We need to work smart not hard

Just a suggestion to preston blue and the other fans going out to Pune.

You might have already done this, but is it not a decent idea to ask Cheston to put you in touch with Pasha before you go out? Maybe some kind of dialogue could be set up between yourselves and the Raos before you go out? After all, dialogue is what you want.

Sorry Aggy, didn't mean to pinch your idea, just missed your post. Apologies.

If this idea is considered, it must be coordinated and not done ad hoc. Yesterday Venky shares were trading at around 430 Rupees which at current exchange rate is around £5-00. Not an inconsiderable amount that would be required to get into an annual general meeting. If it could be done though it would certainly ruffle some chicken feathers.

Just a suggestion to preston blue and the other fans going out to Pune.

You might have already done this, but is it not a decent idea to ask Cheston to put you in touch with Pasha before you go out? Maybe some kind of dialogue could be set up between yourselves and the Raos before you go out? After all, dialogue is what you want.

"Hi Pasha, it's Mike. Mike Cheston"

"Who?"

Sorry Aggy, didn't mean to pinch your idea, just missed your post. Apologies.

If this idea is considered, it must be coordinated and not done ad hoc. Yesterday Venky shares were trading at around 430 Rupees which at current exchange rate is around £5-00. Not an inconsiderable amount that would be required to get into an annual general meeting. If it could be done though it would certainly ruffle some chicken feathers.

69374315.298 British Pound is the current market cap of the company. Basically in theory you could buy the "ENTIRE" company for about 69 million odd pounds. Surely a 10% should get you a good someone on the board and would take much less then that to ruffle some feathers at the annual general meeting.

69374315.298 British Pound is the current market cap of the company. Basically in theory you could buy the "ENTIRE" company for about 69 million odd pounds. Surely a 10% should get you a good someone on the board and would take much less then that to ruffle some feathers at the annual general meeting.

Preston blue has that down the back seat of his Range Rover lol.

Archived