BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lambert Leaving!

The events of today won't cause anyone to view Venkys with any more derision or contempt than they had the day before; or three years ago for that matter. Lambert hasn't publicly offered much criticism of them.

Laughable.

You don't think people in football talk to each other?

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have sent the post to every venkys email address I can find on their won website.

I don't believe they actually see it as "little old Rovers" by the way. Infact as strange as this sounds that would probably annoy them even with all the complete and utter neglect they have inflicted.

Lambert did

The events of today won't cause anyone to view Venkys with any more derision or contempt than they had the day before; or three years ago for that matter. Lambert hasn't publicly offered much criticism of them.

"If it (the club) wants to keep doing what it's doing it's fine, but it's not fine for me"

Looks like criticism to me

Surely it's now obvious why we have had such a terrible run of form lately? The writing was on the wall and Lambert knew it.

Now they'll spend the best part of our pre-season messing around before appointing a new manager.

If there's a wrong way to do something that'll make things even harder for Rovers, Venkys will find it.

I just hope they don't put season tickets on sale yet...

Not sure I like this post but I agree. The last and lengthy down in the up-down-up-down form under PL is odd until you get this explanation.

My worry is when did they decide this - after all there was a lack of funding in January. Had they already decided then? If not with the limited deals he had done, if that was what they thought genuine backing for a promotion push looked like, then they're even more deranged then I imagined. Or perhaps they were lying to him all along?

Lambert did

Disagree. Up till now there can be made a case - weak but possible imo - that they were badly advised and had a power struggle on, or only had amateurs none of which meant they could prove they could work with a genuine manager. Now they've had their chance at that, and shown they are impossible to work with. There's not even any ignorance or we've changed plea that they have now, no transfer kitty or promising squad, no management or corporate structure. In short there is NOTHING to persuade a manager to come work for the loony tunes, and the last vestige of doubt and appeal have been well and truly shattered,

Make no mistake about it we are now in a worse position.

Well if it makes you feel any better, I'll be the one leading the chorus of "Lambert Out!" at the New York Stadium on Saturday. ;-)

and that is why the club is on arse with comments like that....no idea if its jokey or not either way i dont care ...why be a clever smart arse on a day when fans are hurting. Your venks are killing us .

Amazes me that the most shouty, arrogant, angry Rovers fans are the ones who BLAME Lambert and DEFEND Venkys. They somehow can't see or comprehend the destruction that Venkys have carried out on our club over the last five years. Lambert was somehow supposed to reverse all that in 6 months with no transfer budget, and half a dozen freebies and loanees.

I honestly fear for the future of our club with fans like these.

Of course they do.

Like I said; Lambert came.

And went very quickly Colt.

Be a great opportunity for a failed manager like Irvine, but Lambert was quick to say he didn't think he'd take it, what does that tell you.

More fans showing their ignorance of the goings on at Ewood. :rolleyes:

Does make me wonder if the Celtic connection is why some fans have never given him a chance. Not just on this board by the way.

Well if they thought he was just going to walk out (regardless of what Venkys are doing) it would be quite a good reason...

Already said there's no certainty he would get that job. Nixon's been right on other stuff with Lambert and didn't think he would be their first choice. Though Venkys have listened to people who gave them that impression.

Surely it's now obvious why we have had such a terrible run of form lately? The writing was on the wall and Lambert knew it.

Now they'll spend the best part of our pre-season messing around before appointing a new manager.

If there's a wrong way to do something that'll make things even harder for Rovers, Venkys will find it.

I just hope they don't put season tickets on sale yet...

I think you have hit the nail on the head, they thought he would get us up this year. Again showing zero understanding of football.

Archived