BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lambert Leaving!

Dear Venkys

Blackburn Rovers FC was one of the clubs revered for the way it was run, both on and off the pitch. In fact, the club was renowned for the way it was run off the park. A homely club, a welcoming club, a family club and a club with remarkable history. Its a club with real die hard fans, fans who have seen the depths of the old Div 3, promotion, numerous play offs, relegation and then the ultimate in promotion. Our proudest supporter saw the potential in the club, bought it, backed it and gave us a team, a stadium and a recent history that is envied by a multitude of so called bigger clubs. Yes, we were then enthralled to see little old Blackburn Rovers top the tree, defeat the biggest and best clubs in England, take on Europe, win the league, win a cup and have varied success under the leadership of real footballing people. People with a purpose, people with football know how and people with the club and its fans in their own hearts and minds.

We as fans knew at some point the club would have to move into new hands, it was accepted that a sale was inevitable. Such was the attraction of our club, you, The Venkys, made a plan to take us even further up the football ladder, promised us future history, promised us support, backing, the clubs as your baby would continue to flourish however, despite your much vaunted plans, you have failed in every sense of the word as football owners.

You have made serious errors of misjudgement, you have failed to listen to football people, you have treated our club, our shirt, our history and our fans with utter disrespect, utter disdain and have taken our great history and slammed it through the gutter. You have undertaken to drag our club further into the mire than it has ever been.

For that you can never ever be forgiven.

Todays news, and it is not unexpected within the fans base, shows your complete and utter ignorance of how to run a football club. Your blind and continuous refusal to engage with the fans, to employ proper football people, your refusal to learn from the past mistakes, your continuance in throwing good money after bad makes it impossible for you to ever be accepted by the clubs hardened and recently much maligned supporters. You have succeeded in driving over 50% of the cubs supporters away from the club, never to return and even now, your sheer idiocy is going to drive even more fans away.

Off the park, the club is in a real mess. We are heading into May, we have 2 games left of what has to be the worst season since your ill judged appointment of Kean when we left the Premiership. We have no idea as to season tickets for next year, we have no board, we have no direction off the park and that is down to YOU.

You are to blame.

On the pitch, the appointment of a real manager with staff was the hope that we had waited for since you sacked Sam Allardyce (by the way look at his record). In Paul Lambert we have a proven manager, proven staff and with his work we have seen progression (albeit small) in the way we play football. We have seen decent signings and we have seen the sale of the clubs jewels. Yet you have failed to back him and he has walked away. It is very clear and evident why he has chosen to do so.

You are to blame.

We yearn as fans for YOU to talk to us, through a mediator at the very least, through the communications officer and through the media. You don't and this is at the very heart of your problems. Failure to communicate with the clubs fans is down to you.

You are to blame.

So, as we now lose a decent manager, all we can foresee is further sales of the staff on board. I expect that you will now sell the likes of Marshall, Duffy, Hanley and Steele. I expect that we wont see the likes of Danny Graham leading us up front. whatever else we have as collateral can only be ripe for the pickings of others. How the club has any hopes of any progression is beyond me and the thousands of disillusioned fans.

You are to blame.

Its about time that you took control, grew some balls and came out and told us WHY? What are your reasons for failing the club? Why do you continue to let the club run itself down? why do you disrespect its fans, the very club your supposed to own, the history but most importantly of all, the memory of a wonderful man called Jack Walker?

The way you have conducted yourselves is an utter disgrace. You cannot be proud to own this once wonderful club (it remains so for its fans and supporters). You cannot be proud at the way you abuse its name, its fans by your sheer ignorance.

Hand it over to the fans, sell it to someone who wants to love it and nurture it. But please go away and never return.

I dread to think what the crowd will be at the final home game of the season. I dread even further to think about just how many more fans will not renew a ST or turn themselves away next season.

One thing I can be absolutely 100 per cent sure of.

YOU ARE TO BLAME.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I currently work in a business where the company are cost cutting and stretching out staff to cover too many bases yet we have a great manager at our particular branch and are still doing well.

Lambert is supposedly a good Manager and regardless of what's happening in the background he should have done a lot better than he has. That is simply my point.

Did Souness dramatically turn Results around when he took over from Kidd? Or did he assess it that first season, assemble his squad over the summer and then kick on the following season.

It's now a footballing cliche but ditto regarding Fergie at Man Utd when he first took over.

We had the new manager 'bounce' under PL and then reverted to type.

Don't know about anyone else but I feel this is the day that determines our future and it isn't good.

Let's look at Venkeys tenure to date. Took over when we where 10th in Premiereship (for interest our overall position, since the start of the football league in the 19th century is 12th). After takeover and if we believe what was said at the time, the manager had to be replaced in order to provide more exciting football, this apparently at the behest of a certain agent. As it ultimately turned out the new manager appointed, who a certain agent had a vested interest in did not provide exciting football and from 10th position, we very nearly got relegated. Despite spending much money, we got relegated the following year.

Our owners backed the new manager because his wife happened to get on with the owner, apparently a new concept to provide a successful business modal?

Eventually the new manager walked because presumably he knew that he was not up to it but blamed outside influences like the fans of the club!

Panic from the owners set in as they eventually realised that revenue would dry up outside the Premiereship, resulting in the following year they appointed more managers than we had away wins. At this point even the owners realised the need for at least some stability and GB was appointed but never was there any danger of reclaiming former glory but continued decline resulted albeit at a slower rate.

Again the owners acted and appointed a management team with a history of success but sadly failed to back them, resulting in today's press statement.

If these owners continue, there will not be a club in the not too distant future, their track record is terrible, they refuse to communicate presumably because they are arragant. In my view, if they not had the privilege of aquireing a company through family inheritance, they would not be there.

Also, as a matter of inheritance, the Walker family have also got much responsibility as they do not care about this club and Jack Walker must be turning in his grave as he looks at the mess that has ensued.

JW rip. Blackburn Rovers RIP. Sad but inevitable.

Hope that makes some sort of sense as I am extremely upset and angry!

Hear bloody hear. Like I said other day type of people who wouldn't try to help if kids were trapped in a burning building in front of them. Never mind their own relative who left them millions.

I think Bryan Douglas should demand his name is taken off the DE. Ronnie Clayton wouldn't have wanted his name on the BE because of a clown like Balaji.

Dear Venkys

Blackburn Rovers FC was one of the clubs revered for the way it was run, both on and off the pitch. In fact, the club was renowned for the way it was run off the park. A homely club, a welcoming club, a family club and a club with remarkable history. Its a club with real die hard fans, fans who have seen the depths of the old Div 3, promotion, numerous play offs, relegation and then the ultimate in promotion. Our proudest supporter saw the potential in the club, bought it, backed it and gave us a team, a stadium and a recent history that is envied by a multitude of so called bigger clubs. Yes, we were then enthralled to see little old Blackburn Rovers top the tree, defeat the biggest and best clubs in England, take on Europe, win the league, win a cup and have varied success under the leadership of real footballing people. People with a purpose, people with football know how and people with the club and its fans in their own hearts and minds.

We as fans knew at some point the club would have to move into new hands, it was accepted that a sale was inevitable. Such was the attraction of our club, you, The Venkys, made a plan to take us even further up the football ladder, promised us future history, promised us support, backing, the clubs as your baby would continue to flourish however, despite your much vaunted plans, you have failed in every sense of the word as football owners.

You have made serious errors of misjudgement, you have failed to listen to football people, you have treated our club, our shirt, our history and our fans with utter disrespect, utter disdain and have taken our great history and slammed it through the gutter. You have undertaken to drag our club further into the mire than it has ever been.

Todays news, and it is not unexpected within the fans base, shows your complete and utter ignorance of how to run a football club. Your blind and continuous refusal to engage with the fans, to employ proper football people, your refusal to learn from the past mistakes, your continuance in throwing good money after bad makes it impossible for you to ever be accepted by the clubs hardened and recently much maligned supporters. You have succeeded in driving over 50% of the cubs supporters away from the club, never to return and even now, your sheer idiocy is going to drive even more fans away.

Off the park, the club is in a real mess. We are heading into May, we have 2 games left of what has to be the worst season since your ill judged appointment of Kean when we left the Premiership. We have no idea as to season tickets for next year, we have no board, we have no direction off the park and that is down to YOU.

You are to blame.

On the pitch, the appointment of a real manager with staff was the hope that we had waited for since you sacked Sam Allardyce (by the way look at his record). In Paul Lambert we have a proven manager, proven staff and with his work we have seen progression (albeit small) in the way we play football. We have seen decent signings and we have seen the sale of the clubs jewels. Yet you have failed to back him and he has walked away. It is very clear and evident why he has chosen to do so.

You are to blame.

We yearn as fans for YOU to talk to us, through a mediator at the very least, through the communications officer and through the media. You don't and this is at the very heart of your problems. Failure to communicate with the clubs fans is down to you.

You are to blame.

So, as we now lose a decent manager, all we can foresee is further sales of the staff on board. I expect that you will now sell the likes of Marshall, Duffy, Hanley and Steele. I expect that we wont see the likes of Danny Graham leading us up front. whatever else we have as collateral can only be ripe for the pickings of others. How the club has any hopes of any progression is beyond me and the thousands of disillusioned fans.

You are to blame.

Its about time that you took control, grew some balls and came out and told us WHY? What are your reasons for failing the club? Why do you continue to let the club run itself down? why do you disrespect its fans, the very club your supposed to own, the history but most importantly of all, the memory of a wonderful man called Jack Walker?

The way you have conducted yourselves is an utter disgrace. You cannot be proud to own this once wonderful club (it remains so for its fans and supporters). You cannot be proud at the way you abuse its name, its fans by your sheer ignorance.

Hand it over to the fans, sell it to someone who wants to love it and nurture it. But please go away and never return.

I dread to think what the crowd will be at the final home game of the season. I dread even further to think about just how many more fans will not renew a ST or turn themselves away next season.

YOU ARE TO BLAME.

That sums it up.

And some planks blame PL and some the fans. God help us.

I got as far as this tripe and then gave up:-

"Blackburn were neither exciting nor dull under Bowyer, whose reliance on youthful exuberance produced tremendous attacking displays but serious defensive vulnerabilities. The club touched on the play offs a few times, but always shot themselves in the foot at the crucial moment."

I'm sick of hearing that the owners should be applauded for their financial input.

They deserve ZERO credit whatsoever.

It is entirely their fault that the money they have put in has been wasted.

The frightening thing is that I genuinely believe that they think the supporters should be grateful to them for putting in millions each year. They are that stupid and deluded.

Great article 1864 but my one gripe is I don't want any communication from them, I just want these @#/?s gone!!!!

Don't worry hasta I replied to this twerp and told him what I thought of his 'article'

Can't even call the club Rovers. Some guy called Ferg wasn't there someone called that on the official forum at some point? Back when people actually used it?

Roverite it is not "little old Blackburn Rovers" and sod this "family club" thing. Don't you think that's why people like Agnew (snake) and Beamish (moaned because too many people showed up than expected to a signing) were not booted out swiftly? I reckon the only good thing to come from the future (other than a decent owner) would be a more ruthless edge to the club.

Dear Venkys

You are to blame.

You are to blame.

You are to blame.

You are to blame.

YOU ARE TO BLAME.

I really really wish that just one of the journalists who sympathise with our plight could convince their editor to print this. I'm sure the LT will have moles who follow sites like this but there is no chance that the local paper will pick a fight with the club's owners. Peter White would be ashamed of you.

Great letter. That's pretty much nailed he feelings of most fans. Maybe Sergei might find some way to let the family see it.

• Backroom

Dear Venkys

You are to blame.

You are to blame.

You are to blame.

You are to blame.

YOU ARE TO BLAME.

Great post. It must seem like a lifetime ago that Shaw convinced you all was rosy in the Ewood garden!

I'm sick of hearing that the owners should be applauded for their financial input.

They deserve ZERO credit whatsoever.

It is entirely their fault that the money they have put in has been wasted.

The frightening thing is that I genuinely believe that they think the supporters should be grateful to them for putting in millions each year. They are that stupid and deluded.

I agree. They want credit for blowing 100s of millions and getting us to the bottom of the champ. Well played, it takes a superb level of incompetence/arrogance and down right dishonesty to get us where we are now.

The Raos must be one proud family.

I agree. They want credit for blowing 100s of millions and getting us to the bottom of the champ. Well played, it takes a superb level of incompetence/arrogance and down right dishonesty to get us where we are now.

The Raos must be one proud family.

And they haven't finished yet! Come next season more millions lost and League 1 here we come.

Just listened to the interview with Lambert on radio Lancs and he just backs up what we already know.

He had a meeting earlier in the week with Venkys man in Bburn and he confirmed what Lambert already new, so basically no backing from the owners.

He wants to move the club forward, 'people' are happy to keep things as they are.

Players not giving 100% due to uncertainty on future. Agents have nobody to discuss deals with at Ewood and he can't give them any assurances.

Myers leaving did have an impact.

Disgusting what they've done to this club, chicken farming ****s.

I'll be at the Reading game hopefully, then I'm finished with it until they fook off.

And they haven't finished yet! Come next season more millions lost and League 1 here we come.

No doubt. We are treated like the Research and development department at Venkys HQ. We are like an experiment that is losing them money that they forget about for a while.

Play with us for a bit and then put us down for 6 months.

I believe that you get your comeuppance. Theirs is coming in boat loads one day.

So Lamberts walked away from several hundred thousand pounds in a pay off and the guy who everyone credited with brining him in has now decided he was completely wrong to do so.?

Sorry but bollux. There's far more to it than that you can bet.

Eh! ... this happens all the time in football .... what about John Williams with Incey Wincey?

When lambert was appointed, venkys had finally, FINALLY appointed a credible manager, some fans were beginning to think they had turned a corner and there was a reluctant slice of goodwill towards them for at last learning from their mistakes, we all had a bit of hope again, results weren't great overall between then and now but lambert was a man who didn't pull any punches when he spoke in interviews and press conferences, unlike his predecessor, now this, the fact that they refuse to give him the backing shows their utter contempt towards the club and local area where people are proud to have a club like rovers with a rich history, the people here are suffering while they are over in India shipping their herbal tea and couldn't give a flying fig about what's going on a world away. the only reason they are hanging on and bleeding this club dry is to save face with their aristocratic mates, they have no intention of putting this club back where it belongs and so we all suffer because of their egotistical power trip.

And still we have feckin idiots who defend the Rao's. Bloody Apologists the lot of them.

Eh! ... this happens all the time in football .... what about John Williams with Incey Wincey?

He got rid when it wasn't working out. These pillocks would still have Snake in charge if he'd wanted to brazen it out for longer.

And still we have feckin idiots who defend the Rao's. Bloody Apologists the lot of them.

The difference is Venky's Spark that Williams was responding to the fact Ince was s--t, and had us on course for relegation. Your friends in Pune have basically destroyed the club, the board and have created a situation where any reputable manager would avoid like a gang bang in a plague pit. They sucked off Kean and Anderson for years, and have killed the club, and probably a lot of the spirit in the town. Apologists for the Raos are as bad as they are.

Archived