BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lambert Leaving!

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only reason Lambert was never realistically in the running for the Celtic gig was that he failed at Villla and to put it mildly didn't pull up any trees here. Albeit with extenuating circumstances in each case. Managers are never usually short on self belief and maybe he thought he had a chance of it when he walked out. Who knows?

Good gig for Rogers, bound to win some silverware so will no doubt salvage his tarnished reputation a bit with out telling us much about how good he really is.

• 1 month later...

been chatting to someone today who ,has through someone he knows , been chattting with PL . He told him that in his time here the slumdogs never talked to him once.If true and no idea if it is but what a way to run a club.

Get these tossers out of rovers.

#loverovershatevenkyfc

• Backroom

been chatting to someone today who ,has through someone he knows , been chattting with PL . He told him that in his time here the slumdogs never talked to him once.If true and no idea if it is but what a way to run a club.

#loverovershatevenkyfc

I think he pretty much said that in one of his leaving interviews didn't he? The only direct communication came via and through Pasha.

Why Bowyer and Kean were worthy of being spoken to, but Lambert not so much, I'll leave up to others to decide. Irrespective of the reason, you certainly can't blame the man for deciding this job wasn't going to work out and getting the hell out before the excrement really hit the fan.

#loverovershatevenkyfc

Well, somebody is being economical with the truth obviously:

“The owners have been excellent since I spoke with them and there’s got to be a point where people have got to stop ­talking about the transfer embargo. It just breeds negativity. If you don’t win, people just say, 'We’re under an embargo’, but an embargo doesn’t lose you games.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/paul-lambert-ready-reap-benefits-6843102#gkZsOT03RfTC72J1.97

Lambert “You can’t just keep blaming the owners for what’s happened because they’ve put in a hell of a lot of money. Maybe, other things operational didn’t go right but the owners have put a lot of money into it. I’ve met them and there are no issues at all. They are nice people who want to do well.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/639356/Blackburn-boss-Paul-Lambert-defends-Venky-s-ahead-FA-Cup-tie-Oxford-News-Gossip?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-football-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+Football+Feed%29

Lambert's still unemployed. Spending his way through his savings, presumably eager to get back into management but so far hasn't found a club.

Says it all about this club that he ripped up the opportunity of 2 years salary to go and sit at home unemployed.

He could have stuck it out through the summer whilst trying to find a job elsewhere, but he wanted nothing more to do with these owners and wasn't prepared to put up with this nonsense any longer. Fair play. He made it clear what he felt was needed to get promotion as soon as possible, based on his past experience, these owners weren't prepared to take his advice. Their decision, but now our aim for the season has gone from Lambert's minimum of top 6 to 'wanting to play good football' and 'being competitive'.

In my opinion, at this stage I'll be very surprised if we avoid a season long relegation scrap.

• 1 month later...

Paul Lambert is on the 'Fantasy Football Club' tonight at half 5 on Sky Sports 1.

May be worth a watch...

Expect the vast majority of his interview will be about his playing days at Celtic/Dortmund and a smaller part about his time as Villa manager. Would be surprised if Rovers got a mention, though probably worth a watch just in case

Archived