BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lambert Leaving!

I'm sure the Club wanted to go in a different direction to the one he was taking us as well i.e. up the table!

I'm amazed people continue to lap up everything Lambert says without question. "I never wanted to leave."

Yeah right, I suppose that's why he negotiated an escape clause into his contract. According to him it's a brilliant Club and he hasn't got a bad word to say about anyone in the place but he's walking out anyway. It's becoming increasingly obvious he viewed us as a short term gig. If it came off brilliant and if it didn't, no harm done, he'd manipulate the media side of things so that when he walked out he'd look like the good guy.

The owners want promotion with the current crop of players, or players of similar value which usually means similar ability. They want to do this with the invisible man negotiating contracts, contacting clubs, speaking to agents and agreeing terms, come on Rev think bigger picture pal.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do people refuse to accept that nobody can work against the sort of background there is at Rovers. Idiots comparing his attitude to Klopp then saying Klopp chose to work with the club the fans the management. We don't have a board or management structure for the guy to work with. He may not have been as successful as we'd hoped but then who would be in the circumstances. And as for whoever said he should have negotiated get out clauses for his backroom staff, were they appointed with him, ie as a package? I thought they came into those positions under their own steam

Lambert brought Irvine, Kelly and Batty in:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/15/blackburn-rovers-paul-lambert-new-manager

“We are extremely happy to have secured a manager with the experience that Paul brings,” said a spokesperson for Venky’s. “We are confident he is the right man to achieve the ambitions we have for the club.”

LYING BARSTEWARDS

Is it heck! If the owners had spoken to him and worked with their employee we'd still have a manager and slightly less uncertainty. Blaming Lambert before the owners is absolutely incredible.

We don't know that. We don't know what was said between Lambert and the owners. Rumours are that Lambert wanted 15/20m plus wages which is not unrealistic in terms of what the squad needs in adeal world but is pretty unrealistic in terms of our overall financial situation. If the owners had said he could have had that 15/20m next season he might have said he wanted 30.

To the extent we have to indulge in cost cutting next season that's a fact of life brought on by another season gone without even landing a blow in the promotion stakes and the loss of the parachute payments. Lambert's been instrumental in that whether or not you thought the play offs were a realistic objective when he first took over. Most would say that was completely unrealistic so if he had any long term aspirations here whatsoever he should have been ready and prepared to see the job through next season on the lesser budget that failure to do anything this season entailed.

In my view he knew it was a long shot which was why he insisted on a release clause.

To be fair RevidgeBlue falls under the "Anti Owners - Anti Manager category" and not the "Pro Owners - Anti Manager category that he gets accused of.

Not even anti manager really, it was a great appointment in theory which simply didn't work out in practice.

However when looking for the next man, we should do the same again and try for someone with a similar profile like Warnock or Davies. Lambert put us in this position by walking out not the other way round. but it's still the right way to go , just because it didn't work once doesn't mean it can't work in future, its still the right way to go.

Be interesting to see if Irvine and Kelly view the situation in the same way as Lambert I don't particularly want them to stay, I think it's better if we start with a clean slate but it'll be telling if they stay..

Not even anti manager really, it was a great appointment in theory which simply didn't work out in practice.

However when looking for the next man, we should do the same again and try for someone with a similar profile like Warnock or Davies. Lambert put us in this position by walking out not the other way round. but it's still the right way to go , just because it didn't work once doesn't mean it can't work in future, its still the right way to go.

Be interesting to see if Irvine and Kelly view the situation in the same way as Lambert I don't particularly want them to stay, I think it's better if we start with a clean slate but it'll be telling if they stay..

can you buy me a new keyboard I spat coke all over it

I think some need to wake up to the fact that PL hasn't walked to help the fans or the club out.

He's walked for his own reasons, and nobody on here can tell me I can't be critical of them. He may have felt that he couldn't work in the environment but that still doesn't explain why he took the job in the first place.

As I've previously said, you'd have to be pretty ignorant coming into our club to think we'd have millions to play with.

• Moderation Lead

I think some need to wake up to the fact that PL hasn't walked to help the fans or the club out.

He's walked for his own reasons, and nobody on here can tell me I can't be critical of them. He may have felt that he couldn't work in the environment but that still doesn't explain why he took the job in the first place.

As I've previously said, you'd have to be pretty ignorant coming into our club to think we'd have millions to play with.

How do we know what he has or hasn't been told? Wouldn't you say it would be fair assumption to say he was told if he sold Rhodes he could reinvest that in the team then the rug was pulled from underneath him? Ergo, he quit in protest? Seems to me that's the most logical conclusion to be drawn...

The owners want promotion with the current crop of players, or players of similar value which usually means similar ability. They want to do this with the invisible man negotiating contracts, contacting clubs, speaking to agents and agreeing terms, come on Rev think bigger picture pal.

There is a bigger picture - and few would argue that our position is down to our owners. However - that doesn't mean that Lambert is whiter than white in all this. Nobody knows what Lambert was promised - or similarly what he told them he could achieve and with how much money.

The owners hired an experienced manager with experienced back room team as demanded (rightly) by the fans. On the back of this - we saw performances as bad or worse than under the previous manager - with a points return only slightly better. We also saw attendances continue to slip away - as a result of poor performances.

Amongst all this we have seen Lambert continually bring up excuses as performances and results didn't improve - firstly it was Bowyer (who he initially said did a good job) - then Rhodes came in the firing line - and finally his trump card of the owners. Don't get me wrong - the owners have messed this up big time - and much of what he is saying is right - but I am not convinced it as black and white as some people see it. For him the owners were an easy target - that would be lapped up by many fans - for me it doesn't hide the fact that Lambert underachieved,

I would have liked it if he'd been given at least a moderate amount of funds so he could have a shot at promotion next season, but given what i've seen of the team's performances under his management I'm really not sure that we would have achieved anything other than mid-table at best.

Yes, Rhodes was sold (with or without his blessing) - but the few players he has brought in have added very little quality (aside from Graham) and many of the existing squad just don't seem to have put in the performances under his leadership.

I can't help thinking that even if he'd have been given £10m to spend he would have been gone by Xmas anyway.

• Moderation Lead

Lambert probably did under achieve, but given time I think he'd have turned it around. That's what he didn't have enough of. Certainly not from folk on here either.

• Backroom

Lambert probably did under achieve, but given time I think he'd have turned it around. That's what he didn't have enough of. Certainly not from folk on here either.

That's a bit harsh - Lambert had plenty of support on here, other than those who had backed Bowyer to the hilt and felt it necessary to do the opposite with Lambert to try and justify that initial stance. There's been some measured and deserved criticism of aspects of his tenure, but by and large I'd say he was pretty well liked on here, even through our 9 game winless run.

How do we know what he has or hasn't been told? Wouldn't you say it would be fair assumption to say he was told if he sold Rhodes he could reinvest that in the team then the rug was pulled from underneath him? Ergo, he quit in protest? Seems to me that's the most logical conclusion to be drawn...

It's still an excuse though khod. An excuse that's been trotted out after he initially told us moaning about money isn't acceptable!

He had a vision for the club, the owners didn't share it. That's his story and I believe him.

You can criticise Lambert all you like but he is merely a symptom. No-one of any quality can work with Venkys and no-one has.

It's a bit simplistic to put it all down to lack of money available. I'm sure Lambert would have worked under budget constraints had the rest of the clubs management structure, lines of communication and ultimate ambition not been less professional than a corner shop.

Can I smell a bit of naughtiness from former Bowyer luvvies?

He had a vision for the club, the owners didn't share it. That's his story and I believe him.

You can criticise Lambert all you like but he is merely a symptom. No-one of any quality can work with Venkys and no-one has.

And how much would that vision have cost ?

Part of the reason we are in the financial mess we are in is because they gambled on promotion when we got relegated.

Not arguing with the difficulties that this ownership causes but absolving PL of any criticism is ignoring some extremely pertinent points.

Lambert brought Irvine, Kelly and Batty in:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/15/blackburn-rovers-paul-lambert-new-manager

We are extremely happy to have secured a manager with the experience that Paul brings, said a spokesperson for Venkys. We are confident he is the right man to achieve the ambitions we have for the club.

LYING BARSTEWARDS

It's quite clear, IMO, Venkys gambled on PL getting us in the playoffs this season.

Characteristic behaviour of these chancers.

I'm also wondering if PL saw us in the same way, and worst case scenario, puts himself in the shop window.

(DO NOT BLAME HIM AT ALL FOR ANY SCENARIO. HES A PROFESSIONAL AND HAS A WINNING MENTALITY)

It's a bit simplistic to put it all down to lack of money available. I'm sure Lambert would have worked under budget constraints had the rest of the clubs management structure, lines of communication and ultimate ambition not been less professional than a corner shop.

Can I smell a bit of naughtiness from former Bowyer luvvies?

So you being "sure" about something means it's gospel?

Naughtiness? Grow up Shaun. Classic BRFCC mentality - you disagree with something, they must be on wind up!

Part of the reason we are in the financial mess we are in is because they gambled on promotion when we got relegated.

I very much doubt he was recommending we hand out three year 30k pwk plus bonuses contracts to every crock over 30 that some club wanted rid of.

Mind you there was Gomez.... :o

It's quite clear, IMO, Venkys gambled on PL getting us in the playoffs this season.

Characteristic behaviour of these chancers.

I'm also wondering if PL saw us in the same way, and worst case scenario, puts himself in the shop window.

(DO NOT BLAME HIM AT ALL FOR ANY SCENARIO. HES A PROFESSIONAL AND HAS A WINNING MENTALITY)

This is exactly how it was and I don't for one min think there was a get out clause in a 2 and a half year contract. It was always a case of see how it goes and after he's realised how poor we are he's upped the ante in his demands probably. If he'd kept his mouth shut and got on with it would he have stayed/would they have kept him ? I don't think so and for me that's why they put that back up staff together.

In their minds it was always short term and pray for a miracle.

Not arguing with the difficulties that this ownership causes but absolving PL of any criticism is ignoring some extremely pertinent points.

I'm sick of reading this "I hate Venkys as much as anyone else but PL deserves some blame too" crap.

The faults are OVERWHELMINGLY WITH THE OWNERS! Like 99%!

Its disingenuous to keep chucking Lambert in as if its 50-50, as if you are being reasonable and even-handed.

We will never prosper under Venkys and it doesn't matter who the manager is. As you will find out.

Yes, gambling on promotion with Kean is just the same as gambling on it with Lambert!!

Archived