BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lambert Leaving!

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blueboy didn't to be fair :lol: went overboard on criticising Lambert and got himself banned. I assume his ban has run out now - had expected him to make an appearance in this thread tbh.

Perhaps like ex-season ticket holders he's found something else to do!

Lambert confirmed he was leaving once we were safe. Just imagine if he had done so weeks ago and relegated us.

You would the have taken the (opposite) view that he should have waited until we were safe.

There is some very irrational 'hatred' on here. Down with proven performers like Lambert and Rhodes, up with proven failures like Bowyer, Brown and Lowe. :rolleyes:

Some would say your hatred of Lowe is irrational. Some would say he's a good player. It's all a matter of opinion. :(

Venkys (lack of)running of the club is ridiculous,with no Chairman,CEO etc..Not communicating with the manager is senseless and stupid.

However,Lambert and his back-up team would be much more expensive than Bowyer and in the current poor position in the League,a lot might turn on how much of a war chest he needed for a promotion attempt next season. With the club £102 million in debt,no one owning the club as a business(and NOT as a supporter or fan)would give him £20 million(Rhodes money or not)........

Got talking to an Indian colleague of one of my relatives tonight. He said he'd met Balaji Rao's son in Pune a few years ago, who said that Rovers had been bought by Venkys as a birthday present for him 'for a laugh.'

Pretty much tallies with the scandalous negligence we've seen since 2010, as well as the claim from 2011/2012 that Balaji's son would be on the board when he came of age.

'For a laugh.'

I nearly spontaneously combusted when I heard that.

There's a reason he was known by some Dingles as 'Dishwater Dyche' and why Burnley were among the favourites to go down in 13/14. Then look at Brighton this season, came about 20th or something this time last year.

It's true. 3 years ago last week, Burnley lost to Leeds Uts away, I only remember because it was day my children were born I recollect posting that 'Even Dyche couldn't spoil the day I had' on a Burnley Forum which was predominantly anti-Dyche threads at the time. The football was just awful, that was before we sold Austin too.

After Bowyer had steadied the ship and got the press of the clubs back, Lambert was a proven manager at this level to start the rebuilding process, even with limited funds, probably. But the lack if professionalism and commitment from the owners has forced him out. Since getting the job he will've been wanting to plan for next season... But how can you plan when you have no one to sign the cheque or even hold the purse strings? Seems like a complete waste of everybody's time now. Should've stuck with Bowyer in hindsight... The appointment of Lambert has just delayed the inevitable.

1 step forward, 2 steps back.

Take this how you want... From a source that has usually been fairly accurate in the past...

Lambert promised playoffs to the owners in January and when that didn't seem likely quoted the owners an obscene amount of money that he thought he needed to get us promoted next season. Obviously they weren't willing to give him that amount of cash having seen the results he'd given toward the end of the season which has led us to this outcome.

• Backroom

Few beers in I'm still really sad it has turned out this way.

Like Michael Appleton he talked a good no nonsense game but similarly like Appleton the results haven't matched the talk.

I still think long term he was our best chance of success and I will always be fond of the bloke but for reasons not related to rovers.

We played Norwich in the league cup probably 5-6 years ago, they were the minnow back then; I sat near the away dug out and a fan in a wheelchair shouted that Lambert was blocking their view. He was really apologetic and spent the remainder of the match closer to the tunnel - a decent bloke in my book.

Good luck Paul, your time here wasn't a success but I wish him every success going forward; he'll do better than we will!

Take this how you want... From a source that has usually been fairly accurate in the past...

Lambert promised playoffs to the owners in January and when that didn't seem likely quoted the owners an obscene amount of money that he thought he needed to get us promoted next season. Obviously they weren't willing to give him that amount of cash having seen the results he'd given toward the end of the season which has led us to this outcome.

Unfortunately sounds plausible.

Lambert confirmed he was leaving once we were safe. Just imagine if he had done so weeks ago and relegated us.

You would the have taken the (opposite) view that he should have waited until we were safe.

There is some very irrational 'hatred' on here. Down with proven performers like Lambert and Rhodes, up with proven failures like Bowyer, Brown and Lowe. :rolleyes:

Irrational?

Firstly, bored of this "you only say the opposite". If you've got an issue with a post just report it. Do I go on about your posts on the whole or use sweeping views to judge you? No.

Secondly, When did you become the opinion oracle? If some people are annoyed that PL would walk like a shirker that's their right. You'd sooner find excuses for him, like he had no problem doing for the past 3 months.

My own personal view is he only stayed to preserve his own money and name even though it's been obvious he and the team gave up 2 months ago. It's not hard to know Venkys are ultimately to blame but let's not absolve PL of any responsibility - that was his intention.

Keep point scoring with GB also Stuart, I'm not taking you on, I'm not the only one bored stiff of hearing about how GB got this and that. As for Lowe, I'd see a shrink pal you've got serious hatred issues. I can almost understand Jal or Al staying away because Chris Brown is in the team, but your hatred for Lowe is baffling. I'm tempted to ask if he's been texting your wife ;)

Eh? Why? We've still got quite a bit of time til summer starts in earnest. I am pretty sure he wanted to ensure our safety in the league before letting anyone know he was bailing.

We could've had a new bloke in with 5 league games. This would be more time to see whose up for a fight, potentially start the scouting pre summer and generally get settled. Let's face it, PL hasn't saved us from relegation the other teams below have done that through losing.

If this drags on till June/July - we might as well get Jose Riga because history will be repeating itself.

Could be something in this tbf

Thanks for sharing your info

Some would say your hatred of Lowe is irrational. Some would say he's a good player. It's all a matter of opinion. :(

these last few matches he's actually been one of our best players.

Isn't it a sad state of affairs when our once most scapegoated player is now one of our better players?

these last few matches he's actually been one of our best players.

Isn't it a sad state of affairs when our once most scapegoated player is now one of our better players?

To be fair we have had similar cliche opinions about a lot of players

1. Lowe could only run around

2. The "bad" Olson could not pick a cross

3. King only had pace

4. Gestede could only head the ball

5. Rhodes could only score

6. Cairney could only show off

7. Hope akpan is too slow

so on and so forth. ...

• Backroom

To be fair we have had similar cliche opinions about a lot of players

1. Lowe could only run around

2. The "bad" Olson could not pick a cross

3. King only had pace

4. Gestede could only head the ball

5. Rhodes could only score

6. Cairney could only show off

7. Hope akpan is too slow

so on and so forth. ...

1, 2, 4 and 7 are pretty accurate to be fair. The rest less so.

Irrational?

Firstly, bored of this "you only say the opposite". If you've got an issue with a post just report it. Do I go on about your posts on the whole or use sweeping views to judge you? No.

Secondly, When did you become the opinion oracle? If some people are annoyed that PL would walk like a shirker that's their right. You'd sooner find excuses for him, like he had no problem doing for the past 3 months.

My own personal view is he only stayed to preserve his own money and name even though it's been obvious he and the team gave up 2 months ago. It's not hard to know Venkys are ultimately to blame but let's not absolve PL of any responsibility - that was his intention.

Keep point scoring with GB also Stuart, I'm not taking you on, I'm not the only one bored stiff of hearing about how GB got this and that. As for Lowe, I'd see a shrink pal you've got serious hatred issues. I can almost understand Jal or Al staying away because Chris Brown is in the team, but your hatred for Lowe is baffling. I'm tempted to ask if he's been texting your wife ;)

We could've had a new bloke in with 5 league games. This would be more time to see whose up for a fight, potentially start the scouting pre summer and generally get settled. Let's face it, PL hasn't saved us from relegation the other teams below have done that through losing.

If this drags on till June/July - we might as well get Jose Riga because history will be repeating itself.

And breathe. (And I'll ignore the wife comment, Joe).

The bit in bold I'm afraid highlights your delusional mindset. There was zero chance of Venkys putting a new manager in so quickly, and ultimately Lambert's team made us safe with a knockout blow to MK Dons. I guess every point win by Lambert using the mediocre inherited side plus loanees and freebies was just down to the opposition being poor. Why do you think Lambert was crying out for investment? Because the squad isn't good enough.

The fact is that Lambert confirmed he left after Rovers were safe. Fine, tell me he's a mercenary, the only people in football who aren't are the ones who aren't good enough but the uncertainty that caused it and meant that we had a poor run of form was when Lambert approached the deafeningly silent idiots to see about planning for next season.

The only people who will sit and stomach their bullshit are Rovers fans and even half of them have bailed out.

Sitting here and blaming what Lambert has done or not done is to ignore 5.5 years of utter incompetence by Venkys. What they do next will prove which one of us is right. Trust me, I hope it's you.

This is clearly media manipulation originating from somewhere around Pune. Good to see they can communicate but sad that it is only when they need to smear a soon to be ex employee. PL didn't uproot any trees as our manager and the results should have been better but the obvious rewriting of history is pathetic.

1. The bit in bold I'm afraid highlights your delusional mindset. There was zero chance of Venkys putting a new manager in so quickly,

2. The fact is that Lambert confirmed he left after Rovers were safe. Fine, tell me he's a mercenary, the only people in football who aren't are the ones who aren't good enough but the uncertainty that caused it and meant that we had a poor run of form was when Lambert approached the deafeningly silent idiots to see about planning for next season.

3. Sitting here and blaming what Lambert has done or not done is to ignore 5.5 years of utter incompetence by Venkys. What they do next will prove which one of us is right. Trust me, I hope it's you.

1. Can you see a trend of my frustration Stuart? If you disagree; you're delusional. If you don't agree that protests are the best solution, you're blaming the fans. I never thought we'd get a manager, never thought would happen so fast after GB either, but completely writing off the part I said about benefit of getting someone in early is forgetting that they DID do last time. Can lighting strike twice? I'm doubtful, and I still resent the lack of transparency in what's going on.

2. Might be a good reason for some but I don't buy that personally, the poor results and performances are being excuses by "confusion". You keep ignoring the parts where I'm saying I agree who is to blame but PL has not covered himself in glory in my view. If we are sat on the fringe of the playoffs, I would be a lot more bothered about him leaving, and a lot less annoyed at him for the way of his exit.

3. I don't remember saying what I think they'll do? I suggested the what I would've preferred. Hardly anyone is ignoring the facts about the half decade of decline and its cause. What do I think they'll do? No idea, they are impossible to predict. Nobody is blaming Lambert for 5.5 years of decline, but people are allowed to have an opinion. Its the same; if you don't share the same view on him, you're ignorant of Venkys!

What do I hope happens? Same thing I've been saying for nearly 4 years - in the face of often "ostrich" comments et al;

We need a leader at Ewood who galvanises the fans and the staff, had power to make decisions and wields it. Knows the job, the town and the people.

What do I think will happen? How can anyone possibly predict this lot? That's half the reason for being so bloody sick of it all.

Yes its all lamberts fault, he's had to moan hasn't he because the owners have been so forthcoming in discussions with him, give your head a wobble mate!

no its not all lamberts fault non of it is,but he has not helped, the january window cost rovers a lot of money with loan fees agent fees and wages all for players that no other club wanted,and the players out of contract apart from tommy spurr they should go,its all doom and gloom with rovers fans,why not look on the bright side of life new manager, new players ,new start I will be renewing next season and who knows we might do well.....RTID

Whilst a strong supporter of Gary Bowyer, when Lambert arrived I naturally assumed that the change had been made because the owners wanted a manager with a reputation who could attract more established names to the club. It seemed a distinct shift in policy from working with free transfers, bargain buys and loans. Whilst Lambert hasn't made much difference in terms of improving results he has had the time to assess the players he wants and those he wants rid of. It was the same with Gordon Lee and Souness. The first few months at the club were about assessing what was at the club and then the rebuild started in the summer and both reaped the rewards at the end of the following season with promotion. I find it staggering that within six months the owners have turned the whole thing round again and seem to have decided that they want to opt for the free transfers, bargain buys and loans. Small wonder that Lambert wanted out of this madhouse.

Irrational?

How on earth can there be a start to scouting pre-summer when there there is virtually no admin, no budget and no communication from the owners?

Small wonder that Lambert wanted out of this madhouse.

I agree on the first 6 months is impossible to see the final outcome of an appointment but I find it hard to believe he could step into BRFC 2015/16 without knowing how the owners work, or expecting so much money after we are in so much debt.

I think there could be some legs in the rumour about him putting in a 20m request or something daft, his reasons could be based on initial guidelines from owners advisor, or even to "get the rug pulled from him" giving an escape route.

How on earth can there be a start to scouting pre-summer when there there is virtually no admin, no budget and no communication from the owners?

I don't know but surely a bloke whose mind is either up or down the M6 is worse to have in the club, on the touch line or at the training centre.

We have had better managers than PL leave us before. Keep the faith ( In the Rovers )!

My faith has left the building completely . Two firsts for me the next two games , today will be the first time in my life where if I've not been to an away game that I won't be listening or following the score somehow and next week will be the first time I've actually boycotted . I'm a broken fan now I can't take anymore and if I go to ewood next week and someone like the muppet the other week has a pro Venky pop at me , I'd be up on a charge . ( probably a serious one)

On a side note I am disgusted that a poster has recommended Stuart sees a shrink and that his wife's behaviour has been questioned .

Archived