BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lambert Leaving!

Chav? Oh my hahaha hardly a Chav. Now come your allowed to insult people anyway

.the mods scared of you like?

Chill OK pumpkin we have promotion in the bag

You really are a special one

As for me insulting where do get off on calling me hard man .. I've ignored you and you wind me up . Oh sorry you will threaten me again . Shaking.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What we may have seen is smoke and mirrors.

Perhaps the appointment of Lambert and co was s--t or bust in the eyes of Venkys - an experienced management team who with a bit of support in the Jan. window would have returned Rovers to the promised land. Perhaps they got cold feet after Christmas thinking (correctly) we weren't going to make it this season. Heard some gossip that the last couple of days of the Jan. transfer window were a bit farcical - if this is correct and it comes out in the wash, it will only serve to reinforce what we have known/seen for some time with a few things Rovers.

I said back in March that it would be no surprise to see at least one of Chesterton, Myers and Silvester depart and Myers went within days. I don't think we've seen the last departure of a 'high profile' figure.

Burnley Bod should be barred from the building for all the use he's ever been. If he departs no one should bat an eyelid. If the finance guy goes I think that tells us everything about what's around the corner.

Personally I'm mentally prepared for Admin now and if it comes it'll at least sully the Venky name in England forever. Just watch the dark info come spilling out when that happens !

COYB.

Regardless of opinion on Venkys - all those views on PL stand despite you being extremely condescending.

I'm staggered that you'd say this after suggesting I'd say the opposite if he'd already left. If you can't take the anger, don't dismiss other people's opinions as deliberately contrary, "delusional" or describe alternative view points as "irrational"

That's just one possible scenario that may pan out. I thought PL was the turning point for them too in terms of football managers but I've said it for years it's irrelevant without the structure above. If they have decided to sell, it's not going to be overnight - in the mean time we need a leader in my view. At Ewood, not a football manager I mean a director who runs football clubs and has a history of success. Let them pick the manager.

Even if it's only temporary whilst they are ousted, for the short term future, it would be a damn site better for all concerned if this happened.

"If I am allowed to say"; the simple Venkys out tag line just ignores so much. Forgetting the debt and the ongoing bills, the fans haven't swayed the owners in anyway since day one - how can they be pushed to do the honourable thing? Then, after they've gone - are we going to be sustainable with this infrastructure as a community asset? Wouldn't we need constant funding to invest like so many expect?

It's a shame that we have to do the dance of trading personal differences before getting to the proper content. As you know I've a lot of time for your real opinions just not a lot of time for your contrary positions which seem to be for the sake of it. I can't win: if I try to be polite I'm condescending, if I'm blunt then you get all bent out of shape.

Back to the matters raised.

I've already said that Venkys will not employ a leader at the club. It just doesn't happen. The longest surviving people on the board are the Yes Men, and people who will even take a kicking in court on their behalf.

We are on totally different planes still, Joe (not aeroplanes!). You are on a plane where Venkys still rule and we need to hope for the best or even keep schtum and hope that they keep paying the bills. I'm on a plane where we may have to accept that this doesn't end well, it just ends at different speeds. Venkys are taking us down and out, and racking up more and more debt every season. Fans are staying away and the stadium keeps getting bigger. If they go, yes, it may mean starting again at the bottom but with people who actually care about Rovers.

Apart from very few exceptions, going to matches stopped being fun some time ago. There is no atmosphere, no camaraderie, no excitement, barely any noise. The fanbase isn't together, it is divided. It is divided because of Venkys. There are people who are even talking about trading Championship Rovers for League One Stanley or even Conference North Chorley. That being the case, shouldn't we be looking to trade Venkys Rovers for a Conference Blackburn Rovers with owners who communicate, who involve the fans, who care, who want Rovers to succeed? We have enough fans to afford m a conference winning side, and rebuild from there. Or should we only support the club while they are Championship or better? Rovers IS the fans, and the blue-and-white halves. It is not Venkys.

Are we not better to watch Rovers rise to League Two through hard work, togetherness and enjoyment than fall to League Two through uncertainty, disunity and depressingly miserable football under Venkys? How much longer should we wait?

Ultimately it is out of our hands given Venkys stubbornness but we have more power than we think. However, if we just shrug and carry on doing what we are doing then I don't see how things will get any better.

Chav? Oh my hahaha hardly a Chav. Now come your allowed to insult people anyway

.the mods scared of you like?

Chill OK pumpkin we have promotion in the bag

It's items like this that the Rao's love

Perhaps the appointment of Lambert and co was s--t or bust in the eyes of Venkys - an experienced management team who with a bit of support in the Jan. window would have returned Rovers to the promised land. Perhaps they got cold feet after Christmas thinking (correctly) we weren't going to make it this season. Heard some gossip that the last couple of days of the Jan. transfer window were a bit farcical - if this is correct and it comes out in the wash, it will only serve to reinforce what we have known/seen for some time with a few things Rovers.

I said back in March that it would be no surprise to see at least one of Chesterton, Myers and Silvester depart and Myers went within days. I don't think we've seen the last departure of a 'high profile' figure.

Is there a "high profile" person left at Ewood? If the remainder of those you mention also leave, who is left to even approve routine payments?

I said back in March that it would be no surprise to see at least one of Cheston, Myers and Silvester depart and Myers went within days. I don't think we've seen the last departure of a 'high profile' figure.

deffo looking like Venkys have got cold feet about backing Lambert. did they expect playoffs or a top 10 finish this season?

I don't see another high profile departure due to nobody is left unless it Irvine and Kelly

deffo looking like Venkys have got cold feet about backing Lambert. did they expect playoffs or a top 10 finish this season?

I don't see another high profile departure due to nobody is left unless it Irvine and Kelly

Why would you go to the trouble of replacing Bowyer with two former Premiership managers and an experienced assistant if you didn't expect a serious tilt at the play offs?

Go back to the "Lambert appointed" thread and look at the excitement on the first couple of pages. Excitement and expectations were through the roof, and rightly so.

No-one expected to be scrubbing about in 18th at this stage of the season.

Why would you go to the trouble of replacing Bowyer with two former Premiership managers and an experienced assistant if you didn't expect a serious tilt at the play offs?

Go back to the "Lambert appointed" thread and look at the excitement on the first couple of pages. Excitement and expectations were through the roof, and rightly so.

No-one expected to be scrubbing about in 18th at this stage of the season.

I expect much better but I do think this squad are lacking quality and pace in the forward areas

we will 3 pts off the top 6 after the Bristol City away game. I wanted promotion. I want it next season aswell.

Yeeees, and the birds are flying around your garden, theres the sweet smell of roses, the sun is shining, the beer tastes like nectar, all is wooonderful in the world, the little dears and squirrels have even knitted you are a rovers scarf.

oh well face it lambert isnt going to get 20 million to spend so hes @#/? off,moan all you want nothing will change that and theres no billionaire going to buy the club so boycott or renew or protest the choice is yours,these boards are about peoples opions and having your say I said i will renew and hope for better next season,and you think you will take the @#/? because of that, you miserable @#/?

I see Paul Lambert as our last chance to save the situation those idiots have gotten us into, so:

Is it completely inconceivable that our bonkers owners could actually take the next week to digest his plan, or even look at it, and give him the go-ahead to take his plan forward?

I think it's been a lack of communication that's behind his decision to walk, no so much them knocking back his plan.

Could we see an about turn in the coming weeks?

I see Paul Lambert as our last chance to save the situation those idiots have gotten us into, so:

Is it completely inconceivable that our bonkers owners could actually take the next week to digest his plan, or even look at it, and give him the go-ahead to take his plan forward?

I think it's been a lack of communication that's behind his decision to walk, no so much them knocking back his plan.

Don't give me hope Gav!

• Backroom

I like the optimism Gav, but I very much doubt it. You know what they're like - they're probably furious that one of their minions has dared stand up to them like this.

He's activated a release clause.. He can't change his mind can he

Nothing is set in stone Adam, if they have an ounce of intelligence they'll get him back onside and give him a big bonus to get us up, and give him the tools to do the job.

The man cannot do the job with one hand tied behind his back.

Last chance saloon Venkys.

Ohh so a slight chance things could change then, I thought with it being on the site and him activating a release clause it was done

Lets hope eh

No situation is irreversible, but that's in the real world, this is Venkyville, so we could be struggling.

I was thinking about this earlier.

He hasn't made any threats or ultimatums or put Venkys on the spot. He has taken the initiative and gone ahead using the only control that he has - must be nice to be so well off that you can afford to do that! But in not trying to make threats Venkys don't have to lose face. If they decide to approve any plans and approach Lambert about staying then they don't have to be seen as giving in to him. Maybe that's why he has spoken highly of them in his outgoing speech. Such is their distance from the club - both physically and metaphorically - the Rovers TV interview might actually have been the first Venkys were made away of his departure.

That said, I think we have gone too far down the line now.

Just a thought, which I don't think has been mentioned, could Lambert be trying to force Venky's hand?

He may already have said back me or I'll walk and now is doing as he said but hoping for a response?

Just a thought, which I don't think has been mentioned, could Lambert be trying to force Venky's hand?

He may already have said back me or I'll walk and now is doing as he said but hoping for a response?

It's been mentioned...

With all due respect, how's it "deffo looking like Venky's have cold feet about Lambert"??

Nobody knows a damn thing.

That's my thought also Paul, or maybe it's just hope!

Archived