BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lambert Leaving!

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know but surely a bloke whose mind is either up or down the M6 is worse to have in the club, on the touch line or at the training centre.

You made the assertion but when asked how it could possibly be, you don't know.

So instead you turn it into a discussion of whether or not Lambert should be on the touchline for the last 2 games which has nothing to do with pre-summer scouting for agreed targets based on a budget, negotiated with the owners

This is what you always do. Its circular, never-ending and frustrating.

You made the assertion but when asked how it could possibly be, you don't know.

So instead you turn it into a discussion of whether or not Lambert should be on the touchline for the last 2 games which has nothing to do with pre-summer scouting for agreed targets based on a budget, negotiated with the owners

This is what you always do. Its circular, never-ending and frustrating.

If you read back instead of looking for an argument (as you always do!), you will see that it's acknowledge lambert made his decision weeks ago.

He should've gone then. Staying to keep us up is the reason apparently but I think that's more for his own reputation than our league position. I never said I expected Venks to hire someone, I just said it would've been a better idea than having him hang around.

We need a leader at Ewood who galvanises the fans and the staff, had power to make decisions and wields it. Knows the job, the town and the people.

Yes, I sense your frustration - it's hard not to. Please don't read 'delusional mindset' as an insult. It's just a safety mechanism that you have created. I should have said 'deluding yourself' same inference but sounds a bit better.

Your post after that was really a lot of (forgivable) bellyaching - and if I'm allowed to say, quite hypocritical.

However I've picked out the above paragraph for comment. For me, the Lambert episode has proved that a leader at Ewood is not what we need. Not first anyway. Venkys will not allow such a person to run the team, let alone club. They will be either fired or forced out due to their incompetence and lack of delegation of direction.

No, IMHO, Lambert was their last chance for me. What this club needs to move forward is Venkys to do the honourable thing and hand the club over to people who care. Of that I am now utterly convinced.

Whatever the consequences.

Venkys leaving has always been the answer. Just because some of their decisions have been less crap than others doesn't make them ever having been the correct option.

Even at their best - in the loosest sense of the word - chasing promotion under bowyer things were run in a shambolic way. Venkys are poison and always will be.

Venkys leaving has always been the answer. Just because some of their decisions have been less crap than others doesn't make them ever having been the correct option.

Even at their best - in the loosest sense of the word - chasing promotion under bowyer things were run in a shambolic way. Venkys are poison and always will be.

They did have a chance for me to reconsider. The idea that they had been duped and whatever had happened was, whilst fully their responsibility, was not fully their fault. That chance for a fresh start was tentatively when they approved (assuming they approved) the appointment of Lambert, Irvine and Kelly. That tentativeness could have been firmed up by backing him in his first Summer transfer window and setting him up for pre-season.

That ship has sailed now.

They did have a chance for me to reconsider. The idea that they had been duped and whatever had happened was, whilst fully their responsibility, was not fully their fault. That chance for a fresh start was tentatively when they approved (assuming they approved) the appointment of Lambert, Irvine and Kelly. That tentativeness could have been firmed up by backing him in his first Summer transfer window and setting him up for pre-season.

That ship has sailed now.

Well reasoned but for me that ship sailed long ago. Not appointing a proper experienced chap instead of bowyer for 2 seasons running when it was obvious that was our best chance to stop the wreck we are blew it fully for me. Coupled with running things from Pune in that time and the laughable management/business side of things Venkys gave constantly shown they neither care or are qualifies to run a bath let alone this once proud club.

It's about time the in fighting stopped.

The only people to blame are the Rao's.

Their name over the door.

While the support base is tearing lumps out of each other they are walking in the sunshine.

The club is at risk and some want the last word and to score points off the wrong people (usually the most loyal supporters getting flack from what I can see)

Lets grow some balls and kick the real culprits

I'm still gutted he's left, i know some people aren't but always felt totally confident that given the correct backing he would have got us up there. I'm pretty sure that what I've heard is true, I just wished he could have been a little more realistic in the figure he was asking for. Still like the bloke but someone who knows lower league football and how to juice the best out of what we already have is what we need given our circumstances.

I'm still gutted he's left, i know some people aren't but always felt totally confident that given the correct backing he would have got us up there. I'm pretty sure that what I've heard is true, I just wished he could have been a little more realistic in the figure he was asking for. Still like the bloke but someone who knows lower league football and how to juice the best out of what we already have is what we need given our circumstances.

Your source does seem to have come up with the most plausible scenario by far on here. Promising the playoffs fits in with Lambert being so critical of attitudes and whatnots in his first few weeks. Maybe he believed the mantra that Bowyer was a hopeless tactician and getting more out of the squad would be a piece of p!ss.

Anyway, either it wasn't or he isn't very good or a bit of both, but asking for an astronomical budget would have been a good way of precipitating an outcome: either he gets the budget to spend or, if he doesn't, has a readymade reason to walk.

Yes, I sense your frustration - it's hard not to. Please don't read 'delusional mindset' as an insult. It's just a safety mechanism that you have created. I should have said 'deluding yourself' same inference but sounds a bit better.

Your post after that was really a lot of (forgivable) bellyaching - and if I'm allowed to say, quite hypocritical.

Regardless of opinion on Venkys - all those views on PL stand despite you being extremely condescending.

I'm staggered that you'd say this after suggesting I'd say the opposite if he'd already left. If you can't take the anger, don't dismiss other people's opinions as deliberately contrary, "delusional" or describe alternative view points as "irrational"

However I've picked out the above paragraph for comment. For me, the Lambert episode has proved that a leader at Ewood is not what we need. Not first anyway. Venkys will not allow such a person to run the team, let alone club. They will be either fired or forced out due to their incompetence and lack of delegation of direction.

No, IMHO, Lambert was their last chance for me. What this club needs to move forward is Venkys to do the honourable thing and hand the club over to people who care. Of that I am now utterly convinced.

Whatever the consequences.

That's just one possible scenario that may pan out. I thought PL was the turning point for them too in terms of football managers but I've said it for years it's irrelevant without the structure above. If they have decided to sell, it's not going to be overnight - in the mean time we need a leader in my view. At Ewood, not a football manager I mean a director who runs football clubs and has a history of success. Let them pick the manager.

Even if it's only temporary whilst they are ousted, for the short term future, it would be a damn site better for all concerned if this happened.

"If I am allowed to say"; the simple Venkys out tag line just ignores so much. Forgetting the debt and the ongoing bills, the fans haven't swayed the owners in anyway since day one - how can they be pushed to do the honourable thing? Then, after they've gone - are we going to be sustainable with this infrastructure as a community asset? Wouldn't we need constant funding to invest like so many expect?

no its not all lamberts fault non of it is,but he has not helped, the january window cost rovers a lot of money with loan fees agent fees and wages all for players that no other club wanted,and the players out of contract apart from tommy spurr they should go,its all doom and gloom with rovers fans,why not look on the bright side of life new manager, new players ,new start I will be renewing next season and who knows we might do well.....RTID

Yeeees, and the birds are flying around your garden, theres the sweet smell of roses, the sun is shining, the beer tastes like nectar, all is wooonderful in the world, the little dears and squirrels have even knitted you are a rovers scarf.

Yeeees, and the birds are flying around your garden, theres the sweet smell of roses, the sun is shining, the beer tastes like nectar, all is wooonderful in the world, the little dears and squirrels have even knitted you are a rovers scarf..........and Rovers are just about hanging on to their place in the Northern Premier League Division One North

I get what you are saying Neal but I don't think your source can be right... Because he has always said from the beginning that the summer window was the big one, so I don't see how he could have promised the Vs the playoffs, even after a few good results early on he looked to keep expectations realistic... Scotty nailed it for me, PL's critics have got it all wrong is my feeling.

Why did Venky's change their minds half way through? Weren't there some talk of bad financial results in India and falling share prices etc.?

Can't see light at the end of the tunnel anymore, in fact the tunnel may have begun to collapse all around us

Got talking to an Indian colleague of one of my relatives tonight. He said he'd met Balaji Rao's son in Pune a few years ago, who said that Rovers had been bought by Venkys as a birthday present for him 'for a laugh.'

Pretty much tallies with the scandalous negligence we've seen since 2010, as well as the claim from 2011/2012 that Balaji's son would be on the board when he came of age.

'For a laugh.'

I nearly spontaneously combusted when I heard that.

Anyone who's had dealings with him on twitter will know he's an arrogant ignorant little turd who sees no wrong in what's gone on because 'his family are able to finance it'. His words 3 years ago. Wouldn't be surprised if he's been playing with this toy regularly as well.

If you read back instead of looking for an argument (as you always do!), you will see that it's acknowledge lambert made his decision weeks ago.

He should've gone then. Staying to keep us up is the reason apparently but I think that's more for his own reputation than our league position. I never said I expected Venks to hire someone, I just said it would've been a better idea than having him hang around.

Last post from me on this, you said if we had a new manager for the last 5 games we could get on with organising for the next season and you specifically mentioned scouting. Now you say you never expected Venkys to hire someone!!

I asked how was it possible with no budget, no senior admin staff, no word from the owners and no manager.

You replied you didn't know!

But then went on to criticise Lambert being on the touchline! What's that matter in the grand scheme of things? Can't you see new manager means nothing because of our far greater problems? You seem to have no ability to take the longer view. A new manager does NOTHING to solve the major issues above.

As for the last few games,I assume Lambert is fulfilling the terms of his contract.

I get what you are saying Neal but I don't think your source can be right... Because he has always said from the beginning that the summer window was the big one, so I don't see how he could have promised the Vs the playoffs, even after a few good results early on he looked to keep expectations realistic... Scotty nailed it for me, PL's critics have got it all wrong is my feeling.

Why did Venky's change their minds half way through? Weren't there some talk of bad financial results in India and falling share prices etc.?

Can't see light at the end of the tunnel anymore, in fact the tunnel may have begun to collapse all around us

There may well have been a few things lost in translation fella both between him and the owners and this story reaching us, perhaps he promised a playoff 'push' without guaranteeing it, who knows... Once he realised the squad he had weren't going to deliver, he quoted them a figure for next season that in his professional opinion would cost to get us challenging and they weren't willing. Had Lambert got us higher in the table perhaps they would have been willing to compromise a little more and come to a more realistic budget agreement but the facts are that we finished poorly.

My faith has left the building completely . Two firsts for me the next two games , today will be the first time in my life where if I've not been to an away game that I won't be listening or following the score somehow and next week will be the first time I've actually boycotted . I'm a broken fan now I can't take anymore and if I go to ewood next week and someone like the muppet the other week has a pro Venky pop at me , I'd be up on a charge . ( probably a serious one)

On a side note I am disgusted that a poster has recommended Stuart sees a shrink and that his wife's behaviour has been questioned .

Man up hard man. We got this, promotion next season easy

Whilst a strong supporter of Gary Bowyer, when Lambert arrived I naturally assumed that the change had been made because the owners wanted a manager with a reputation who could attract more established names to the club. It seemed a distinct shift in policy from working with free transfers, bargain buys and loans. Whilst Lambert hasn't made much difference in terms of improving results he has had the time to assess the players he wants and those he wants rid of. It was the same with Gordon Lee and Souness. The first few months at the club were about assessing what was at the club and then the rebuild started in the summer and both reaped the rewards at the end of the following season with promotion. I find it staggering that within six months the owners have turned the whole thing round again and seem to have decided that they want to opt for the free transfers, bargain buys and loans. Small wonder that Lambert wanted out of this madhouse.

What we may have seen is smoke and mirrors.

Perhaps the appointment of Lambert and co was s--t or bust in the eyes of Venkys - an experienced management team who with a bit of support in the Jan. window would have returned Rovers to the promised land. Perhaps they got cold feet after Christmas thinking (correctly) we weren't going to make it this season. Heard some gossip that the last couple of days of the Jan. transfer window were a bit farcical - if this is correct and it comes out in the wash, it will only serve to reinforce what we have known/seen for some time with a few things Rovers.

I said back in March that it would be no surprise to see at least one of Chesterton, Myers and Silvester depart and Myers went within days. I don't think we've seen the last departure of a 'high profile' figure.

What we may have seen is smoke and mirrors.

Perhaps the appointment of Lambert and co was s--t or bust in the eyes of Venkys - an experienced management team who with a bit of support in the Jan. window would have returned Rovers to the promised land. Perhaps they got cold feet after Christmas thinking (correctly) we weren't going to make it this season. Heard some gossip that the last couple of days of the Jan. transfer window were a bit farcical - if this is correct and it comes out in the wash, it will only serve to reinforce what we have known/seen for some time with a few things Rovers.

I said back in March that it would be no surprise to see at least one of Chesterton, Myers and Silvester depart and Myers went within days. I don't think we've seen the last departure of a 'high profile' figure.

Is there anyone left to leave?

• Backroom

We're running out of high profile figures to walk out. Who's left, Cheston and Silent Bob? I don't even want to entertain the thought of Gandhi "RTID" Babu leaving.

Archived