BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lambert Leaving!

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The winds of change are blowing through the club from top to bottom ... so lets see who they bring in before "going off on one"

A straw poll in the office suggests people aren't too bothered by his departure. Lets face it the football has been garbage since Christmas.

They ?

Have you self selected yourself to oversee the demise of the club ES ?

It's more a case of selling Rhodes and playing Graham, which admittedly doesn't suit your argument quite as well but is closer to the truth. Bennett and Watt have been fine (or would you rather have seen Williamson and Delfouneso on the pitch?), whilst Gomez has chipped in with a few good moments whilst being ineffective for longer spells. But hey, most of the others are simply ineffective all the time so it was still an upgrade. Jackson was a poor signing but still better than signing the likes of Koita for £10k a week.

Whilst the lack of funds clearly is a problem for Lambert, I'd imagine the decaying state of the club which the owners have no intention of reversing is more significant in his decision to leave.

Almost makes you think they manipulated Lambert to sell Rhodes, place the blame on him to recoup some of Balajis gambling funds. 20mil invested.for.a.200mil return, if it was a bet at 10 to 1 wouldn't it interest the pimp daddy. DAAMN I'M STEAMIN MAD.

I'm still reeling from what happened yesterday if I'm being honest as I simply have no idea which way the club is going to go.

If Lambert calling out the owners lack of direction with the club has made them think finally enough is enough then I think for me he would become a hero of mine for being one of the reasons this nightmare came to an end.

If we continue to die a death by a thousand (million) cuts with current scum in charge then in reality all his has done is come in thrown a few hand grenades round the place, ensured that a few thousand fans who were at the end of their tether but still attending won't bother going anymore and pretty much alienated every player who is currently employed at the club by saying they aren't good enough whilst we have no money to replace them.

Please God let them have had enough so we can start our slow painful recovery and our ensuing nose dive.

At best I'd a want a team that will push for promotion and realistically money was always a necessity for that. The very bottom line is a team that will put a shift in at home, not fold because of a lack of effort or reason for wearing the shirt. I could take a team assembled cheap that works hard, but I've no time for the current set hiding behind excuses.

I'm in no means uncertain of who is to blame. The owners initial ignorance, or constant criminal negligence. This combined with their recent disinterest. Those facts cannot hide my anger at PLs decision to walk, especially listening to the "thanks to the owners" comments and general avoidance of any real detail.

To say I wasn't looking forward to the Reading game was an understatement. Now the word is dreading. Fans with no hope, a vacuous structure and a set of players and a manager whose mind is on the next steps of their career.

Stomach ache.

My view is that Lambert wanted exactly that for Rovers.

We are being hung out to dry by Venkys. I want a manager to be ambitious, I want players to be ambitious. If they are then they will perform to the required levels, then they will be sold and pay for the next lot. But, by and large, you don't sell a lot of free transfers for big money - and you certainly don't do that with loanees who would usually bring he experience and quality to help the youngsters. No, whatever division, you need money to be able to buy players. I'm not talking about splashing out £20 million on three players but he may well need to spend £1m - £2m each on 8-10 players given how small (and poor) a squad we will end this season with.

Forget Lambert, this is what it will take to get us up there for any manager. Bowyer had the last best Rovers squad two years ago. That was the time we needed a Lambert (I might have mentioned it once or twice) but when Bowyer didn't make the play-offs the best players were sold off. Lambert inherited a poor team with a goalscorer. He needed the finances to rebuild. He sacrificed out Crown Jewels expecting to get that money plus some. All we know is that Venkys either said 'no' or just didn't say anything, and the Rhodes money has been used elsewhere within Venkys' business. Be it covering debt or some other.

Neither 'no'' or silence are acceptable to me, so neither should they be to the best bloke qualified to decide.

So now that we've established that Venkys have no ambition for Rovers - despite it being their mistakes that need putting right - where do we go from here? Down. When you have no ambition, you only have stagnation. Stagnate long enough and you go backwards.

But let's say that my gut feeling is wrong, and that there is a bigger Venkys plan here. The only way they can come out of this with any credibility is if they have decided that Lambert was not the right man to spend their money (and I don't trust their judgment in this regard, by the way). How will we know this? Because they will employ another manager of equal or better standing than Lambert and give him their cash.

But we all know that isn't going to happen.

Regardless of whether Lambert was or wasn't the right man / or Bowyer or Berg et al - nothing will happen bar going around in circles with the loons in charge

its all pointless - the damage has been done and will take a long time to get anywhere back into some semblance of order.

I'll be amazed if anybody of any nous be it a manager/ceo /player /tea lady /spider catcher etc will come aboard unless its with a substantial and ridiculous salary or they are out for a last payday that they would get no way near anywhere else - which will just put us back on this merry go round lunacy!!

Its a disease disease disease and we need clear as soon as possible.

The club is poison and even if they do have a decent manager or some decent players they will not perform at Rovers.

There is only one thing that will improve things and we all know what it is.

It's up to individuals whether they want to continue attending or not, I gave up 3 years ago after 40 years as I had the enthusiasm, feeling for the club and optimism sucked out of me, never mind being fed up of having the pee taken by some Indians.

I decided as well that the best thing for the long term of Rovers was for me to largely stay away to force the odious ones out.

A mass no show should have happened long ago for me, and anyone thinking of going to Ewood next season has to ask themselves what exactly they are going to get from the experience other than frustration, anger, misery, boredom, predictable losses and a very low level of football.

Christ knows who will turn up as manager next but it doesn't really matter does it?

I see Myers has now been put on Gardening leave and is no longer a director of then club but according to the LT will help the directors in finding a new manager. WHAT DIRECTORS?

Sorry if anyone has posted this before but I have not the patience to look just at the moment. So sodding angry!

I think one of the worst parts of all this is that with each passing day it becomes more and more likely that we will be seeing Chris Brown, Lee Williamson, Simeon Jackson and Nathan Delfouneso in Rovers shirts again next season. They will end up being given contract extensions by default because we will have no manager and no budget to sign new players.

Scary.

If Chris Brown is given a new contract it makes my decision very easy.

I see Myers has now been put on Gardening leave and is no longer a director of then club but according to the LT will help the directors in finding a new manager. WHAT DIRECTORS?

Sorry if anyone has posted this before but I have not the patience to look just at the moment. So sodding angry!

Maybe the un-named shadow directors

http://m.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14460228._It_s_the_right_decision_for_everybody_concerned____Blackburn_Rovers_boss_Paul_Lambert_on_his_choice_to_leave/?ref=mac

Much of this does not add up. Lambert knew what he was working with and if he had got the team performing at their peak this would not be a discussion topic.

Stats don't lie and if he had decided weeks ago what he planned to do with the contract, then I am sure the uncertainty would have filtered down to the team. It's actually a strange clause if you believe you are making the right decision unless you are not totally committed.

Venkys are responsible for many of the ills that we are suffering. But ironically their biggest crime is they continue to make the wrong decisions which costs them millions, now over 100 million and we are worse off than ever.

I am sure they are desperate to trust someone's judgement because they certainly can't trust their own.

• Backroom

http://m.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14460228._It_s_the_right_decision_for_everybody_concerned____Blackburn_Rovers_boss_Paul_Lambert_on_his_choice_to_leave/?ref=mac

Much of this does not add up. Lambert knew what he was working with and if he had got the team performing at their peak this would not be a discussion topic.

Stats don't lie and if he had decided weeks ago what he planned to do with the contract, then I am sure the uncertainty would have filtered down to the team. It's actually a strange clause if you believe you are making the right decision unless you are not totally committed.

Venkys are responsible for many of the ills that we are suffering. But ironically their biggest crime is they continue to make the wrong decisions which costs them millions, now over 100 million and we are worse off than ever.

I am sure they are desperate to trust someone's judgement because they certainly can't trust their own.

To be fair, if you were coming to work for Venky's wouldn't you want a get out clause? They haven't exactly proven to be trustworthy or reliable in the past. They've reneged on essentially every agreement they gave to the club upon takeover.

All they have to do is contact the 2 Ian's, can't be that hard can it

He also surely knows that leaving when he made the decision (weeks ago) would've put us in a better position to replace him with time left for the new man to see the squad.

Eh? Why? We've still got quite a bit of time til summer starts in earnest. I am pretty sure he wanted to ensure our safety in the league before letting anyone know he was bailing.

He also surely knows that leaving when he made the decision (weeks ago) would've put us in a better position to replace him with time left for the new man to see the squad.

Lambert confirmed he was leaving once we were safe. Just imagine if he had done so weeks ago and relegated us.

You would the have taken the (opposite) view that he should have waited until we were safe.

There is some very irrational 'hatred' on here. Down with proven performers like Lambert and Rhodes, up with proven failures like Bowyer, Brown and Lowe. :rolleyes:

cant understand why lambert is not told to leave the club now, the @#/? stirring arse wipe hes done nothing but moan and talk crap from day one,he has signed bad players had bad results,I might be on my own here but im clad to see the back of him,

and if it was my club i would not be giving him tens of millions to spend in summer anyway

Yes its all lamberts fault, he's had to moan hasn't he because the owners have been so forthcoming in discussions with him, give your head a wobble mate!

So that's it, confirmed.

Yes its all lamberts fault, he's had to moan hasn't he because the owners have been so forthcoming in discussions with him, give your head a wobble mate!

The fanbase have definitely not been played like fish through the media.

Absolute idiots to think that Lambert is a knight in shining armour who would put the fans before his own self-interest. For goodness sake wake up before you make yourselves look the complete idiots some peopole want you to be. Not Lambert obviously because he is would do anything to save the club.

Archived