BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lambert Leaving!

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lambert is contracted to stay until the end of the season under his release clause.

Nobody would have thought to let him go today, I assume they probably thought he wouldn't leave.

Took Myers a while to be put on gardening leave, carrier pigeon got lost.

Lambert is contracted to stay until the end of the season under his release clause.

Nobody would have thought to let him go today, I assume they probably thought he wouldn't leave.

Took Myers a while to be put on gardening leave, carrier pigeon got lost. choked

Probably more accurate with that lot.

I very rarely read the message board at work but today I happened to check it about a minute after Vinjay started this thread.

I've only just plucked up the courage to come back and read it.

What are Venky's doing to us? I know its all been said before but why do they bother? Why come out of embargo and recruit a decent management team and then refuse to even communicate ? What the hell are they playing at.

I hope they sell no season tickets at all, get the message, naff off and leave us to sort out this mess without them.

Can't even consider who the next manager should be - who would even come ?

Active protests must start now - from every possible angle.

We want our Rovers back

I have sent the post to every venkys email address I can find on their won website.

Everyone on this message board should copy and paste it and send it to their email addresses and any company's we can find that does business with them.

Over and over, as many times as we can.

I will only say that I hope all the panic is not actually because Lambert - a clueless manager with no idea how to form a team - is leaving, but because of how hopeless Venkys are?

Because one thing is for sure - if there is some kind of miraculous recovery ahead for the club in the future, it would have never included Paul Lambert. He was as clueless at Rovers as he was at Villa. Norwich was a fluke.

I was very pro Lambert and totally behind him, thought he could have turned the club around given the opportunity to make decisions but in many ways since the announcement I don't know who the hell he thinks he is to be honest. I agree with most of what he's said in his time here and fully understand anyone not wanting to work for Venkys but him leaving says more about his belief in his own abilities as a manager than anything else. Deep down perhaps believes that he's not up to this job. Yes, ours is a difficult one but so was Gary Rowetts and so was Dyche's when he first took over. Think his decisions over his managerial career have been heavily influenced by his agent and certainly regarding this release clause.

I will only say that I hope all the panic is not actually because Lambert - a clueless manager with no idea how to form a team - is leaving, but because of how hopeless Venkys are?

Because one thing is for sure - if there is some kind of miraculous recovery ahead for the club in the future, it would have never included Paul Lambert. He was as clueless at Rovers as he was at Villa. Norwich was a fluke.

Right and what other managers won 4 home league games in a row past few years? Quite obvious why the last few weeks have been so poor especially now.

I was very pro Lambert and totally behind him, thought he could have turned the club around given the opportunity to make decisions but in many ways since the announcement I don't know who the hell he thinks he is to be honest. I agree with most of what he's said in his time here and fully understand anyone not wanting to work for Venkys but him leaving says more about his belief in his own abilities as a manager than anything else. Deep down perhaps believes that he's not up to this job. Yes, ours is a difficult one but so was Gary Rowetts and so was Dyche's when he first took over. Think his decisions over his managerial career have been heavily influenced by his agent and certainly regarding this release clause.

Martin O'Neill one person said to me lol :)

Many fans called for bowyer to speak out about what was going on at the club.Paul Lambert does and he gets slated,you can't win.

In the club statement it says Blackburn Rovers CAN announce.Now that's either Very bad English or could lead to a million questions.

I would like to thank PL for his time at ewood,results were rubbish but at least as fans we know now that Venkys only intend to completely destroy the club.I woke up this morning to this news the day can only get better.

COYB

So I am left wondering who promised what to whom? Did Lambert promise Venkys that after a year off traveling around Europe watching the best coaches that he could make the current squad become play off contenders? Did Venkys say that if you do that we will provide you with funds for the Summer?

I am sure Lambert didn't promise winning 10 of his 31 games in charge and sitting 18th in the league. His dealings apart from Graham have not been that inspirational for a proper manager.

I am afraid our foes down the road have a proper manager. And there's the quiet self effacing guy who turned relegation near misses into Premier League champions in waiting leaving highly paid and overhyped prima donna managers in his wake.

It's all about chemistry and trust. Difficult to build with these owners. But a lot easier if you are getting the absolute best out of your players and challenging for promotion.

Took Myers a while to be put on gardening leave, carrier pigeon got lost.

Wonder if they even know he has activated the release clause, hell he said he could not get them to communicate... maybe they simply don't read their emails/faxes/letters/telegrams when it comes to Rovers...he has resorted to having to use the media to try to get his message to them maybe he is using the media again to tell them he has gone.

To may on here slating him, he wasn't given the backing from day one, only had enough to get in a few loanies and freebies, the delay to the Rhodes transfer has played right into their hands.

Please stop blaming him, sure he has not been able to get much more out of the team but at the same time he simply has not been given the backing, hell he cant even sign loanies or extend contracts according to what he has said recently. I imagine so many players clueless about their own futures isn't going to really of helped form at the club.

Lambert has always said everything that has been on fans' minds and has stood up to Venkys and said that it's not good enough, things need to change. They have ignored him just like they ignored Williams, Finn, and Hunt. Everyone else has just kept their heads down made excuses and platitudes and taken their coin. Venkys have destroyed the club in the form they bought it and have no intention of putting that right. How can football club owners not be ambitious for their club - at whatever level? If they are cutting our cloth to suit our income then fine but in that case they have to do the decent thing, cut their own losses (if there really are any) and sell the club at a nominal price and move on. This club needs rebuilding and I have no faith in Venkys not to simply allow us to fall further.

Just go.

So Lambert left because they didn't listen to him, and he wouldn't stand for it. Good on him, and I can't believe people are blaming Lambert for leaving. No person in their right mind should work for these clowns, who don't know anything about football or how to run a club.

The quicker Venkys are worked out of the club, the better. They are nothing but dodgy, and don't deserve any respect from anybody. If fans want to protest, don't attend, walk out, pitch invasion, letting thousands of chickens loose etc then I say guys, go and save our club. Il be sending that postcard soon

I too was/am very pro Lambert. He seemed to have a plan (and we haven't witnessed one of those in a long time) and he was ambitious. He's clearly not getting the backing he asked for or was promised but as others have said, looking at the table now, I expected more from him.

His comments on arrival about having a winning mentality and not making excuses - are the same ones he has been trotting out - 'you can't blame the financial problems'' - remember Paul?

My feelings are that I can't blame him for walking with what he is surrounded by - but expected a little more than he did.

Having said all that, I will be another not returning after the Reading game - but will be venting my spleen at Venkys throughout the match (it has the feeling of another Wigan).

Lambert has always said everything that has been on fans' minds and has stood up to Venkys and said that it's not good enough, things need to change. They have ignored him just like they ignored Williams, Finn, and Hunt. Everyone else has just kept their heads down made excuses and platitudes and taken their coin. Venkys have destroyed the club in the form they bought it and have no intention of putting that right. How can football club owners not be ambitious for their club - at whatever level? If they are cutting our cloth to suit our income then fine but in that case they have to do the decent thing, cut their own losses (if there really are any) and sell the club at a nominal price and move on. This club needs rebuilding and I have no faith in Venkys not to simply allow us to fall further.

Just go.

PL "I can’t probably put it as nicely and bluntly, it needs a bit of help."

• Moderation Lead

Back to back promotions were a fluke? Right then.

Astounded that anybody at all can be happy with Lambert leaving. Results have been average to poor but had he been backed in summer and had a full pre season I doubt that would have continued. You only have to look at Dyche at Burnley and Hughton at Brighton who took over in October and December respectively in 12/13 for Dyche and then 14/15 for Hughton. Burnley only confirmed their safety around this time and Dyche had been in charge longer than Lambert. There's a reason he was known by some Dingles as 'Dishwater Dyche' and why Burnley were among the favourites to go down in 13/14. Then look at Brighton this season, came about 20th or something this time last year.

Not saying we'd have been fighting for automatic promotion next season like those two are now but if Lambert was backed I'm sure we'd have seen considerable improvement, a bit like Hughes' second season compared to his first.

Besides all that (which unfortunately is irrelevant now), it just confirms what an absolute shambles we are, it was only a few weeks ago we were all cautiously optimistic for the future but I'm dreading what will happen next. It all boils down to one thing - Venky's out (enough of this 'but they pay the bills' malarkey), what a pitiful 5 and a half years it's been and it's more than likely about to get even worse.

For anyone who thinks Paul Lambert is to blame please remove ones head from arse and join us in the real world:

Matt wrote this on another thread:

No chairman

No ceo

No boardroom

No groundsman

No players

No contracts

No competent owners

No season tickets

Massive debt

Dwindling fanbase.

and some think Lamberts done a cr@p job? It's hard to understand why, with such building blocks In place, how could he fail 🤔🤔🤔

Still can't help feel he knew exactly what he was getting into. I'm not doubting that things may have changed but who in their right mind can see the owners throwing more money? Equally, what did he tell them he could achieve this season?

He also surely knows that leaving when he made the decision (weeks ago) would've put us in a better position to replace him with time left for the new man to see the squad.

After everything we've been through, would anybody be suprised if they've forced him out due to results? I'm not saying that it would be the right decision as any manager deserves lots more time to shape his squad - but it wouldn't be suprising if they'd made the call when promotion was unattainable.

I'm not looking forward to standing on the ground with him on the touch line in any case. If you're going- it just doesn't make sense.

• Backroom

Anyone else think Lambert always planned to walk away but was expecting to be able to do so with a bit more clout after doing well?

I had heard he asked for far more than was reasonable as a ready made get out

Archived