BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lambert Leaving!

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm genuinely concerned.

if we appoint a new manager who will chair the press conference?

I can't blame lambert at all. he was on a hiding to nothing.

What's next?

edit :people have asked why lambert is staying on for two games. my feeling is that he's doing it as a favour to the club. I don't think he's quit because he wants the celtic job. I think he's just deeply frustrated trying to make a success of things under very trying circumstances. he had to endure similar at villa. I think he genuinely respects the club and fans but hates the owners

• Backroom

relegation looks nailed on, does it not?

If anything, it's amazing we've avoided the drop this long. Hard to believe that only last season we were disappointed in being some way off 6th. Now we're talking about being absolute certainties for relegation next season.

The "Messageboard" (sic) on the Official Rovers website only has 10-12 posts on PL leaving !!!!!

Must be a timing thing. Those poor mods must be shattered all that censoring of critical posts and banning folk. There'll be a few late nights tonight.

If anything, it's amazing we've avoided the drop this long. Hard to believe that only last season we were disappointed in being some way off 6th. Now we're talking about being absolute certainties for relegation next season.

Every year has been worse than the last. It's starting to look like appointing Lambert was a desperate attempt to get promoted this season, with the last of the parachute money, when in reaity that ship sailed in 2015. With the sale of Rhodes and none of the money available it suggests that they haven't put a single penny into this club. When you consider that parachute payments and player sales (with the PL money for the first two seasons it's hard to see when we have ever had any actual cash that wasn't generated by the club.

5 years ago the prospect of us finishing below Burnley and Preston in the league was inconceivable. As was the prospect of them being anywhere near an attractive a proposition as us. Yet the Rao's have succeeded in reducing us to a club that couldn't even attract Grayson away from Preston if we wanted him.

My expectation is that 2 years from now we'll be looking up at the likes of Rochdale and Bury and 4 years from now probably looking up at Accy Stanley and Morecambe.

Still, natural levels and all that.....

My anger is quickly turning to devastation, just when you think you don't care as much as you used to something proves you wrong.

Paul Lamberts appointment sent shockwaves through our household, he was our saviour, maybe just maybe they've learnt their lesson.

Why they won't back him is beyond any rational persons comprehension, I can't even start to make any sense of it.

We are sat here just shaking our heads, answering text message after text message, emails from Cyprus, Anerica, nobody gets it.

5 years ago the prospect of us finishing below Burnley and Preston in the league was inconceivable. As was the prospect of them being anywhere near an attractive a proposition as us. Yet the Rao's have succeeded in reducing us to a club that couldn't even attract Grayson away from Preston if we wanted him.

My expectation is that 2 years from now we'll be looking up at the likes of Rochdale and Bury and 4 years from now probably looking up at Accy Stanley and Morecambe.

Still, natural levels and all that.....

4 years? :unsure:

Imagine the bloody Indians

David Dunn ?

He'll cost bugger all and he's a local hero so the crowds will come back.

Err no. The crowds will come back when you lot take your family bucket and @#/? off home.

He's probably telling them 40,000 will be outside the stadium such is his stature. Would probably believe him brainless thickos.

Sure I saw him taking digs at Oldham on twitter. Very classy. Perfect for Venkys.

Wonder if he will call "Steve" for some tips?

Anyone for a mass pitch invasion?...it's time to take action against the B'stards who are killing this towns famous old club.I am sick to fookin death of our collective passiveness as a group of supporters.

Let's have thousands on the pitch,Men,Women and Children with banners and angst aplenty...people who genuinely care about this club.

OUR CLUB....ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!

If I was your legal advisor, I would urge you to take caution in your tone and try not to incite others to commit a crime. (Football offences act 1991).

I know tempers are running high but let's try to remain calm and see what transpires. For what it's worth, I wouldn't give Lambert much of a budget either after his, frankly dismal set of performances and results. I don't see him as better than Appleton or the rest of them to be honest. I think he came in as a big time Charlie and has failed to deliver.

He's probably telling them 40,000 will be outside the stadium such is his stature. Would probably believe him brainless thickos.

Sure I saw him taking digs at Oldham on twitter. Very classy. Perfect for Venkys.

More anti-Dunn bull. At least you're consistent.

My anger is quickly turning to devastation, just when you think you don't care as much as you used to something proves you wrong.

Paul Lamberts appointment sent shockwaves through our household, he was our saviour, maybe just maybe they've learnt their lesson.

Why they won't back him is beyond any rational persons comprehension, I can't even start to make any sense of it.

We are sat here just shaking our heads, answering text message after text message, emails from Cyprus, Anerica, nobody gets it.

I'm genuinely starting to believe that they have never put a penny of their own money into this club and that the money has now run out. It would also explain whybtheybhave kept us for so long.

It may look like debt on some balance sheet somewhere but I'm convinced that it's just financial wizardry.

If I was your legal advisor, I would urge you to take caution in your tone and try not to incite others to commit a crime. (Football offences act 1991).

I know tempers are running high but let's try to remain calm and see what transpires. For what it's worth, I wouldn't give Lambert much of a budget either after his, frankly dismal set of performances and results. I don't see him as better than Appleton or the rest of them to be honest. I think he came in as a big time Charlie and has failed to deliver.

You are missing the point, no manager will now come near us while the Venkies are here

That will be engraved on Rovers Tomb Stone.

Surely it's now obvious why we have had such a terrible run of form lately? The writing was on the wall and Lambert knew it.

Now they'll spend the best part of our pre-season messing around before appointing a new manager.

If there's a wrong way to do something that'll make things even harder for Rovers, Venkys will find it.

I just hope they don't put season tickets on sale yet...

You are missing the point, no manager will now come near us while the Venkies are here

Lambert did

The events of today won't cause anyone to view Venkys with any more derision or contempt than they had the day before; or three years ago for that matter. Lambert hasn't publicly offered much criticism of them.

Archived