BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lambert Leaving!

Not really the £6m includes national insurance, pensions, bonuses, appearance fees etc.

So knock £2.5m from that and we have a £3m total player budget or the same as we used to spend on Jordan Rhodes.

Which couldn't continue and frankly shouldn't have started, same with the ridiculous amounts wasted on the group of players, most we ended up paying off. Thank god JR was a success.

A good manager will work with the tools he has. Nobody can deny it would be easier to succeed with money but the prem this season is an absolutely brilliant example of how all teams have the same amount of points up for grabs.

He's known surely that the risk of further investment was too great to spend millions. If he's been told there would be a substantial spend, that's a different matter.

If he wants to be more forthcoming and tell us exactly what he has been told, or any other reasons such as the club being run by one person, I'd be more than willing to apologise for seeing him as at least a bit of a shirker!

Maybe watching some English football before you get another job here might be an idea, I'm quite sure the entire country knew what he was going into, apart from him.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stop calling them the Indians got sod all to do with their nationality.

Yes it has. It has a lot to do with their nationality. I will give you a few reasons why off the top of my head.

A) India is 5,000 miles away. They live 5,000 miles away and are clearly geographically and culturally detached from the town and club.

B )India is not a footballing nation. Being Indian means they have no idea how important a 135 year old football club is to the town and area. They are used to IPL franchises.

C) They have tried to operate the club with the same structure they would operate one of their businesses in India - it doesn't work

D) The Caste system is still adhered to in India - hence you and I as mere fans are treated with utter contempt.

A very brief period of time. The results dropped before those summer deals were even talked about.

The summer deals would have been arranged before they arrived. If you went for a job and you were told you would sign a contract in 6 months you would give it your all. Find out that contract has gone, what you going do?

Also add in that we are losing Marshall on a free, and it's incompetence on a mass scale from the owners.

Yes it has. It has a lot to do with their nationality. I will give you a few reasons why off the top of my head.

A) India is 5,000 miles away. They live 5,000 miles away and are clearly geographically and culturally detached from the town and club.

B )India is not a footballing nation. Being Indian means they have no idea how important a 135 year old football club is to the town and area. They are used to IPL franchises.

C) They have tried to operate the club with the same structure they would operate one of their businesses in India - it doesn't work

D) The Caste system is still adhered to in India - hence you and I as mere fans are treated with utter contempt.

OK I see your point. Really though I doubt he meant it with any deeper meaning than (for instance) calling Steve Kean a Scottish @#/?.

I currently work in a business where the company are cost cutting and stretching out staff to cover too many bases yet we have a great manager at our particular branch and are still doing well.

Lambert is supposedly a good Manager and regardless of what's happening in the background he should have done a lot better than he has. That is simply my point.

The summer deals would have been arranged before they arrived. If you went for a job and you were told you would sign a contract in 6 months you would give it your all. Find out that contract has gone, what you going do?

Also add in that we are losing Marshall on a free, and it's incompetence on a mass scale from the owners.

Thought Marshall still had a year on his contract ? Though we should have been talking to him months ago about a new contract - we should still get a fee for him in the summer.

A very brief period of time. The results dropped before those summer deals were even talked about.

Todays anger isn't the fact Lamberts leaving, it's the reasons behind his leaving.

How he performed as manager has sweet FA to do with the meltdown today.

Can you understand that?

I currently work in a business where the company are cost cutting and stretching out staff to cover too many bases yet we have a great manager at our particular branch and are still doing well.

Lambert is supposedly a good Manager and regardless of what's happening in the background he should have done a lot better than he has. That is simply my point.

You should not have posted this, Balaji will be on the phone offering him an extra twenty a week to come and help murder their baby

3m a season is 250k a month in wages and I bet more than the middle for the division. If he's really left because of that, what did he expect? He signed a 2.5 year deal for a club in 100m+ in debt.

To be fair that's only an average of £10k per week in a squad of 23. Same as what we were paying under the embargo and look what we brought in with that, dross. On such a budget you are looking at lower league players, therefore if that's what we are playing with his replacement needsto be someone who knows the top players in the lower divisions.

Which couldn't continue and frankly shouldn't have started, same with the ridiculous amounts wasted on the group of players, most we ended up paying off. Thank god JR was a success.

A good manager will work with the tools he has. Nobody can deny it would be easier to succeed with money but the prem this season is an absolutely brilliant example of how all teams have the same amount of points up for grabs.

He's known surely that the risk of further investment was too great to spend millions. If he's been told there would be a substantial spend, that's a different matter.

If he wants to be more forthcoming and tell us exactly what he has been told, or any other reasons such as the club being run by one person, I'd be more than willing to apologise for seeing him as at least a bit of a shirker!

Maybe watching some English football before you get another job here might be an idea, I'm quite sure the entire country knew what he was going into, apart from him.

Ok let me state this another way last season under FFP we could offer £10k a week, now we can offer a maximum of £3k a week including pension and national insurance contributions if we want a 20 man first team squad. We can offer maybe £7k if we get rid of all youth team players.

At the minute this year our player budget is £26m so you have to cut what we have by £20m but fortunately most of our players are out of contract so should be possible to achieve.

Can see a very mixed reaction for Lambert next week. For me, he deserves some stick from the crowd, although clearly the true ire should be reserved for Venky's.

Some things don't sit right with me. Lambert's performance has been questionable, and his constant public moaning could be construed as more of a self preservation act rather than being genuine pleas to Venkys. Was he ever guaranteed much money? With no Rhodes he has left us in a truly awful spot, with the club at its lowest ebb in a long, long time.

Venky's are the real problem of course, but a niggling part of me thinks their lack of communication at this stage could have acted as a convenient excuse for him to go, potentially to chase the Celtic job. None of us know what has gone on behind the scenes, but it is clear that this club is rotten from top to bottom. There is no structure at all,

You have a manager, he has a manager and he'll have a manager.

Lambert has nobody, wake up man, think bigger picture FFS

Though we saw glimpses of what his team might do - I think you are right that Lambert didn't deliver. I wasn't expecting top 6 - but definitely top half. His transfer dealings were average at best - even with money for wages to attract Premiership players on loan and also pay small fees.

• Backroom

I actually agree, in that I think Lambert should have gotten more out of the team. However, looking at the big picture his performance in the past six months is largely irrelevant. We have hardly any board members left, a manager (and by the sounds of it, backroom staff too) departing, a significant chunk of players leaving and a number of disillusioned fans who are going to walk away from the club this summer. Couple that with what appears to be a noncompetitive budget and owners who do everything at a snail's pace and it isn't hard to see what's coming.

Right now Lambert's performance doesn't matter. We've got much bigger problems.

I would have expected a bit more but I blame my own judgement for thinking the players were better than they are.

From the BBC:

Analysis - Andy Bayes, BBC Radio Lancashire

"Paul Lambert deciding to leave is no surprise.

"Over recent weeks he has grown increasingly frustrated at the lack of communication from the owners in India, with regards his plans for next season.

"His departure next month will leave Blackburn Rovers without a manager, chairman, chief executive or managing director. A situation that can not continue going forward."

You can add 8 out of contract players as well.

Can see a very mixed reaction for Lambert next week. For me, he deserves some stick from the crowd, although clearly the true ire should be reserved for Venky's.

Some things don't sit right with me. Lambert's performance has been questionable, and his constant public moaning could be construed as more of a self preservation act rather than being genuine pleas to Venkys. Was he ever guaranteed much money? With no Rhodes he has left us in a truly awful spot, with the club at its lowest ebb in a long, long time.

Venky's are the real problem of course, but a niggling part of me thinks their lack of communication at this stage could have acted as a convenient excuse for him to go, potentially to chase the Celtic job. None of us know what has gone on behind the scenes, but it is clear that this club is rotten from top to bottom.

Sorry sambo but I'm not having this Celtic rubbish.

2 directors have walked, now the manager, forget other jobs it's just a @#/? circus, he should be applauded for not taking it anymore, it's about time someone stood up to the rats.

Ok let me state this another way last season under FFP we could offer £10k a week, now we can offer a maximum of £3k a week including pension and national insurance contributions if we want a 20 man first team squad. We can offer maybe £7k if we get rid of all youth team players.

At the minute this year our player budget is £26m so you have to cut what we have by £20m but fortunately most of our players are out of contract so should be possible to achieve.

700k a season wage budget? That's half of what you initially stated. 20x3x12= 720k, even if you double that for tax - initially you said 6m and 3m for first team.

I wouldn't be surprised if we'd have to cut it so far but which statistic is the one you heard?

Todays anger isn't the fact Lamberts leaving, it's the reasons behind his leaving.How he performed as manager has sweet FA to do with the meltdown today.Can you understand that?

Doubt it Aggy.

"People used to laugh when I told them I was going to be a comedian. They're not laughing now!" - Bob Monkhouse.

"People used to laugh when I told them Lambert was terrible. They're not laughing now" - Ewood Spark, Rev, Rockin Rover some time next season.

Sorry sambo but I'm not having this Celtic rubbish.

2 directors have walked, now the manager, forget other jobs it's just a @#/? circus, he should be applauded for not taking it anymore, it's about time someone stood up to the rats.

Oh yeah, the whole thing is rotten. I will applaud him if he really goes public and takes them to task.

Listen mate, no one cares how Little Chef are doing. It has nothing to do with BRFC.

Maybe Lambert should have done better but that's completely and utterly besides the point in the grand scheme of things.

OK I see your point. Really though I doubt he meant it with any deeper meaning than (for instance) calling Steve Kean a Scottish @#/?.

Just a statement of fact.

Listen mate, no one cares how Little Chef are doing. It has nothing to do with BRFC.

Maybe Lambert should have done better but that's completely and utterly besides the point in the grand scheme of things.

:lol:

700k a season wage budget? That's half of what you initially stated. 20x3x12= 720k, even if you double that for tax - initially you said 6m and 3m for first team.

I wouldn't be surprised if we'd have to cut it so far but which statistic is the one you heard?

Maybe paying attention at school would have helped you before you start slaughtering people. So I will explain

20 players at £3k per week is £60k. Then multiple this by 52 weeks in a year gives you £3,120,000.

Archived