BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lambert Leaving!

Never before have I been so angry at a Manager! I was never even this angry at Steve Kean, just the owners!

Paul, you came here spouting on about your time off and how you'd studied all of these great sides and great managers.

Then you told us you were going to bring us exciting Football.

The first thing you did wrong, you stopped Jordan Rhodes scoring by changing the system which is what I believe gave Rhodes the final push to leave.

With Rhodes in the side and without Rhodes in the side you have not delivered results and have given us one of our worst seasons in the Championship.

Bowyer had us within touching distance of the Play Offs and you were supposedly meant to be the thing that was going to give us that last final push.

Did you? Nope! You put us into touching distance of the relegation zone.

Then you started your classic deflection tactics that you used at Villa when you publicised the goings on behind the scenes.

We all know it's bad under Venky's and we all know we're a shambles but what happens on the field is down to you and those players.

Did Manchester United fail to win the League when all of their fans turned on the Glazers? No, because Sir Alex Ferguson managed the team correctly.

You put the thoughts into the player's heads about what was happening and then you blamed those thoughts of the 'drop in form.'

Nope Paul, we've been pretty bad under you even before Alan Myers and co left but nice try.

I was all for giving Lambert a chance, but he's only cared about his appearance to his future possible suitors the entire time he's been here!

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only one set of owners to blame in the whole of this mess.

Granted the new manager bounce didn't last long - but then neither did Hughes' or Souness' new manager bounce either. Thing is just as we looked to be getting it together, the whole thing becomes totally derailed, as things - partially with hindsight - were obviously very wrong behind the scenes as PL realised he'd been had.

All Venkys fault.

They allowed Bowyer 3 years and the culture of laid back attitude to develop unchecked

They went back on their promises to Lambert

They didn't give him the structure to work in

They didn't communicate with him.

Granted from start to finish PL's reign has been a disappointment, and I thought he'd be able to do more, even with the little he had. But boy our owners stacked the odds against PL to make it as hard as possible.

We've gone in the space of 6 months from having 3 of the most feared attackers in the Championship to not having a single one on the books. From promotion chasing to relegation favourites next year. Hindsight is wonderful, but it seems the fear people had about Bowyer squandering the golden years has well and truly has happened. But again, that's Venkys screw up for appointing and keeping Bowyer there.

Bearing in mind Venkys awful stewardship of the club, Lambert's timing of all his public announcements has been very odd, and has caused the recent malaise in performances on the pitch. Banging on in public about not having contact with the owners must surely have lead players to believe he was going to walk and they have been playing in a half -heated fashion. Are they going to put on a show following the latest public announcement, probably not. Toys, pram and out seem to be the order of the day for a lot of folk at Ewood - manager, players and officials, oh and apparently a lot of fans judging by comments on here.

I find it absolutely astounding that a few posters are happy to see the back of him, this is just about as bad as it gets. A reputable manager that on the face of it has had his plans for getting the club back on track just thrown back in his face.

This situation can only get worse, it can't get any better.

Jack Walker deserves better than this, I'm going to the Reading game, but after that I'm finished until the @#/? off back under the rock from where they came.

Enough is enough.

I remember when Bowyer went, yourself and I were saying that we would be defending Lambert when he went (didnt expect it this soon). The manager has not been relevant for a long time. These vile cretins have to go.

Until Venky's are gone, I can't see myself putting my heart into supporting the club, I've just completely and utterly lost all faith and enthusiasm in following Rovers. I think we'd nearly all take more pleasure in watching us fight it out in League One/Two under the direction of people with even an ounce of care for the club than continue on the path we are with Venky's.

Andy Bayes BBC Lancs

"Paul Lambert deciding to leave is no surprise.

"Over recent weeks he has grown increasingly frustrated at the lack of communication from the owners in India, with regards his plans for next season.

"His departure next month will leave Blackburn Rovers without a manager, chairman, chief executive or managing director. A situation that can not continue going forward."

Rao clan you are bunch amateurs,

Sorry for insulting decent amateurs

Actually the definition of an amateur is someone who engages with something because they enjoy it, not for any kind of monetary reward.

Though maybe you're right. Perhaps they get some sort of twisted pleasure from stomping on us over and over. It would explain a lot.

I remember when Bowyer went, yourself and I were saying that we would be defending Lambert when he went (didnt expect it this soon). The manager has not been relevant for a long time. These vile cretins have to go.

Absolutely.

Yodas post put things into perspective, No CEO, No manager, No Chairman and:

NO FUTURE UNDER THESE RATs.

Bearing in mind Venkys awful stewardship of the club, Lambert's timing of all his public announcements has been very odd, and has caused the recent malaise in performances on the pitch. Banging on in public about not having contact with the owners must surely have lead players to believe he was going to walk and they have been playing in a half -heated fashion. Are they going to put on a show following the latest public announcement, probably not. Toys, pram and out seem to be the order of the day for a lot of folk at Ewood - manager, players and officials, oh and apparently a lot of fans judging by comments on here.

FANS ? REALLY?

Until Venky's are gone, I can't see myself putting my heart into supporting the club, I've just completely and utterly lost all faith and enthusiasm in following Rovers. I think we'd nearly all take more pleasure in watching us fight it out in League One/Two under the direction of people with even an ounce of care for the club than continue on the path we are with Venky's.

It's not the same club for me. The spark is all but gone from it and it's been like that for a long time now. Someone said going to matches is like going to see a dying relative and waiting for the inevitable to happen, hoping some miracle happens but deep down you know it won't. I totally agree.

And we can't grieve for the club or attempt some resurrection because it's still on life support, killing you with hope.

It's an absolute disgrace for all involved.

I am looking forward to see if we have the 75% of season tickets if we go up next year offer.

For those saying that Lambert is engineering a move to Celtic, he must be taking Myers with him then. His departure doesn't add up in that context. Both know what's coming on the horizon and both have left town ASAP.

Mentioned a few weeks ago that Lambert was off, the second part was sell Hanley and Duffy and promote a bucket load of kids to the first team. How ever long it takes, the only way out of this now is administration. There is no other outcome possible.

Next seasons ST pledge should be 75% off the next one IF we stay up !

Never before have I been so angry at a Manager! I was never even this angry at Steve Kean, just the owners!

Paul, you came here spouting on about your time off and how you'd studied all of these great sides and great managers.

The first thing you did wrong, you stopped Jordan Rhodes scoring by changing the system which is what I believe gave Rhodes the final push to leave.

With Rhodes in the side and without Rhodes in the side you have not delivered results and have given us one of our worst seasons in the Championship.

Bowyer had us within touching distance of the Play Offs and you were supposedly meant to be the thing that was going to give us that last final push.

Then you started your classic deflection tactics that you used at Villa when you publicised the goings on behind the scenes.

We all know it's bad under Venky's and we all know we're a shambles but what happens on the field is down to you and those players.

Did Manchester United fail to win the League when all of their fans turned on the Glazers? No, because Sir Alex Ferguson managed the team correctly.

You put the thoughts into the player's heads about what was happening and then you blamed those thoughts of the 'drop in form.'

Nope Paul, we've been pretty bad under you even before Alan Myers and co left but nice try.

I was all for giving Lambert a chance, but he's only cared about his appearance to his future possible suitors the entire time he's been here!

Spectacularly missing the point. The nonsense about disliking Kean less (utterly amazing statement on it's own) Lambert's words and actions should put the fear of god in you. The team has clearly stopped playing because promises/contracts made to them in January have gone, vanished. All of this lies squarely at the feet of the owners, to be irate with the manager is once again missing the point.

How can anyone criticise fans for having a pop at PL when he just basically left us hanging? I mean, if you want out - resign now. Don't go through the motions for money.

It's obvious you can't run a club this way, but he's done us and himself no favours. The owners are inept, no question - but PLs only keeping his reputation because of his bleating in the press.

He started by blasting us for "Moaning about money" and he walks cos he doesn't get some to spend.

"I would like to place on record my thanks to the owners"

Why has he said this? I presume he hasn't anything to gain or even lose financially by virtue of the fact he has walked.

Possibly his constant moaning in the press about the owners has come to the attention of other perspective employers/owners - at the end of the day why employ somebody who will do this to you ? So going quietly is a bit of damage limitation for his earlier comments and the impression it has given ?

Apart from in 2014 (with a far superior squad that should have done more for me) when did Bowyer get us close to the play offs? His record is worse than Lambert's!

I agree with a lot of the other points, but that one is just plain incorrect.

It's not the same club for me. The spark is all but gone from it and it's been like that for a long time now. Someone said going to matches is like going to see a dying relative and waiting for the inevitable to happen, hoping some miracle happens but deep down you know it won't. I totally agree.

And we can't grieve for the club or attempt some resurrection because it's still on life support, killing you with hope.

It's an absolute disgrace for all involved.

so very true.

deeply frustrating and depressing.

at some point they must surely go, personally I would assume we'll be going to the wall in the next eighteen months.

hopefully there'll be something left to salvage. we might be passing on the beazer homes league but my God, we'd feel better for being rod of these awful people

How long are they going to subject us to this? Most dodgy foreign owners come in, make a pig's ear of it, and bail out for someone else to pick up the pieces. I don't know if it's stubbornness or pride, but the question remains: What are Venky's getting out of this? When they first took over the club they saw it as a vanity project to promote their chicken business overseas. Now that the shine has long since worn off, why are they still here?

Administration leaving the way for Ewood Park to be turned into the Bolton Road mega mosque. You could wash your feet in the Darwen End

Why would Hindus build a mosque?

Is that someone blaming it on us again. I am not guilty. I have done my level best to give everyone a chance until they showed they didnt deserve it. Ive kept going to matches often against my better judgement but there has to be a point where without being accused of throwing toys out of the pram fans just stop going

Andy Bayes BBC Lancs

"Paul Lambert deciding to leave is no surprise.

"Over recent weeks he has grown increasingly frustrated at the lack of communication from the owners in India, with regards his plans for next season.

"His departure next month will leave Blackburn Rovers without a manager, chairman, chief executive or managing director. A situation that can not continue going forward."

Rao clan you are bunch amateurs,

Sorry for insulting decent amateurs

Calling them amateurs is doing amateurs a disservice.

Clitheroe FC have a commercial director and a chairman.

My local Sunday league club has a Chairman.

Next seasons ST pledge should be 75% off the next one IF we stay up !

It would be funny if it was not that heart breaking. I was criticising the owners for not having players already signed up for next year.

When other teams entered negotiations in Feb for new players, we are entering May looking for a new board, manager and players. You just know that there are plenty more awful decisions they will take on the horizon. This is not over.

Apart from in 2014 (with a far superior squad that should have done more for me) when did Bowyer get us close to the play offs? His record is worse than Lambert's!

I agree with a lot of the other points, but that one is just plain incorrect.

Look at our final league positions under Bowyer and then look at what our final league position will be under Lambert the supposedly superior Manager.

How can anyone criticise fans for having a pop at PL when he just basically left us hanging? I mean, if you want out - resign now. Don't go through the motions for money.

It's obvious you can't run a club this way, but he's done us and himself no favours. The owners are inept, no question - but PLs only keeping his reputation because of his bleating in the press.

He started by blasting us for "Moaning about money" and he walks cos he doesn't get some to spend.

What are we hanging from? We are safe, he has been lied to and left. He will only be staying because i would have a guess that it save us some money if he leaves in the summer.

Another point, why did our owners see fit to give him a break clause? If we were top of the league now and wanted out he could in effect sod off. Their incompetence knows no bounds.

Archived