BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lambert Leaving!

The only thing surprising is the timing of the announcement and the statement made by Lambert.

It would have made much more sense to leave it until after the Reading game. Perhaps Lambert has been clever and knows the fans will kick off big style in the next couple of matches, but I've never known a manager who activates a release clause after only 6 months into a 2.5 year deal and announce it with 2 games still to play. Very strange.

The online statement is probably the work of someone else, as I can't fathom why Lambert thanks the owners first when they are the reason he's going.

Barring a complete U-turn in the next few weeks we'll be in League One the year after next. I can see an embarrassing relegation worse than Bolton's next season.

Nothing left. No board, no manager, no decent players, soon to be 15 senior players under contract. Game over.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There won't be protests as there is just no appetite for it.

The public displays of anger and protest couldn't remove Kean and save the club from relegation and the Rovers fans were ridiculed and vilified in the press for trying to make a last ditch effort to force the owners to sort it out. Zero chance the fans would get involved again.

There won't be protests as there is just no appetite for it.

The public displays of anger and protest couldn't remove Kean and save the club from relegation and the Rovers fans were ridiculed and vilified in the press for trying to make a last ditch effort to force the owners to sort it out. Zero chance the fans would get involved again.

I'm not sure this remains the case to be honest

I've no issue with 'boycotts', as it usually means taking a stand over a particular issue, however as the Kean 'boycott' showed us, once a fan says 'I'm Out', they really are... permanently.

Venky's do sell the club for a £1, will the 20,000 boycotters return? No, we will permanently be a club with tiny support, a club that couldn't keep Ewood Park or Brockhall.

All our £280 season ticket does is keep the infrastructure of the club intact, it doesn't line their pockets.

FIGHT for the club, don't just disappear.

Fight how?

Not enough fans are up for a fight tho.

Will I return ? I'd like to think so but who knows

You might, I know a couple that did after Kean went.

But you might not, I bet you will find plenty to do with your weekends and probably wonder how you ever found time for going to Ewood at all.

That for me is why I hope people will stay, keeping the lights on at Ewood, fighting for the club.

Feel pretty numb about this. Thanks to Paul Lambert for being the only manager we've had in recent years to actually say what he thinks. Results and performances generally weren't up to much so not that bothered he's gone in that respect. What bothers me is what kind of chaos will unfold over the summer.

No management structure at the club

No first team manager

No money to spend (presumably)

No fans in the stadium

Just no

• Backroom

Can I just say one time this isn't the time nor place for Petty squabbles and point scoring.

We'll probably be zero tolerance for a day or two as it could get ugly

Anymore suggestions. Where does your optimism come from. Genuine question.

My take on it ... Their 'man in Blackburn' has had a good long look at all aspects of the club and has not liked what he has seen. Following on from this Lambert has realised that he would no longer be supported and has agreed to walk to keep another sacking off his CV.

As I said earlier ... who they bring in to fill vacated positions will tell us more about their plans for the future.

Pitch invasion and centre circle costs nothing

It can do - fine and police record which is why I would never join an on the pitch invasion

Reading fined £100,000 and Huddersfield £50,000 so it isn't for free.

But I do get where you're coming from.

It can do - fine and police record which is why I would never join an on the pitch invasion

Reading fined £100,000 and Huddersfield £50,000 so it isn't for free.

But I do get where you're coming from.

They can't arrest everyone and besides there's nothing I own really worth taking. I'm lucky to be even using this laptop after swallowing Pepsi the wrong way other night and spitting it all over my keyboard.

Paul Lambert has been absolutely sh*te since he came in. Can talk the talk but couldn't walk the walk. Not bothered that he has gone, did no better than Bowyer.

Worrying times however!

Quite a few saying stuff like this. Tend to be missing the bigger picture of it all though.

Whatever you think of Lambert as a manager, the fact he has decided to walk away is an extremely bad sign for the club. A real indication that he sees no way forward next season.

I wouldn't expect to see him on the touchline again either ( another case of "gardening leave" coming up).

The only thing surprising is the timing of the announcement and the statement made by Lambert.

It would have made much more sense to leave it until after the Reading game. Perhaps Lambert has been clever and knows the fans will kick off big style in the next couple of matches, but I've never known a manager who activates a release clause after only 6 months into a 2.5 year deal and announce it with 2 games still to play. Very strange.

The online statement is probably the work of someone else, as I can't fathom why Lambert thanks the owners first when they are the reason he's going.

Barring a complete U-turn in the next few weeks we'll be in League One the year after next. I can see an embarrassing relegation worse than Bolton's next season.

Nothing left. No board, no manager, no decent players, soon to be 15 senior players under contract. Game over.

Everyone is assuming that is the reason he is leaving - and yet the odds for him taking the Celtic job continue to tumble.

Lambert has been spinning the press for a while now - so not surprised at the announcement - just the timing. It will be very interesting to see who Celtic's next manager will be - and when it will be announced.

There is also the other possibility mentioned - that the owners haven't been happy at their return on their investment in Lambert. At best his tenure has been uninspiring - and not the up turn in fortunes that having an experienced manager at the helm should really have brought (though you could see what he was attempting).

You might, I know a couple that did after Kean went.

But you might not, I bet you will find plenty to do with your weekends and probably wonder how you ever found time for going to Ewood at all.

That for me is why I hope people will stay, keeping the lights on at Ewood, fighting for the club.

There's nothing to fight for tho ... This roves it .

I'm sat in work and I'm ready to erupt .. Even the nobbers are knowing not take the iss

Quite a few saying stuff like this. Tend to be missing the bigger picture of it all though.

Until we know the real reason why he left - none of us really know the bigger picture.

A lot are assuming that it is because the Venky's won't back him - but it is just as likely that he has been playing the press and will shortly end up with his dream job at Celtic.

He's walked before his reputation is done irreparable harm trying to do the impossible with the inadequate for the indescribable.

It will be very interesting to see if Rob Kelly and Alan Irvine go as well. They'd get a pay increase if they got promoted, but having seen it from the Inside, would they consider it worth the agggravation?

No decent manager worth his salt would want the job and we don't have enough decent players.

It's a very bad situation and I'd be most surprised if we stay up next year. It's going to be a very long summer.

My take on it ... Their 'man in Blackburn' has had a good long look at all aspects of the club and has not liked what he has seen. Following on from this Lambert has realised that he would no longer be supported and has agreed to walk to keep another sacking off his CV.

As I said earlier ... who they bring in to fill vacated positions will tell us more about their plans for the future.

So Lamberts walked away from several hundred thousand pounds in a pay off and the guy who everyone credited with brining him in has now decided he was completely wrong to do so.?

Sorry but bollux. There's far more to it than that you can bet.

Archived