BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lambert Leaving!

Writing was on the wall when Myers walked. The fact he'd said he'd walk if all the promises and positivity weren't achieved foretold the sh1t storm that's about to envelop us.

Seriously, there is nothing positive to look forward to now. The next appointment will be a complete nobody paid pennies, the remaining quality, such as there is, will leave and we'll be left with a carcass.

There is no energy left in the majority of fans to protest, the media killed it, the owners killed it and the shysters at the helm killed it. Mostly though, protest will not happen due to apathy and the lack of unity in the fanbase. In the 70s and 80s organic protest was supported by the majority and change became inevitable - these days you're more likely to cause a ruck amongst your own.

We're done I'm afraid.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the interview he also rules out Irvine/Kelly taking the job, so he already knows they are going as well.

Dunn is going to be the only one left ... I would expect he will be the one on the touchline on Saturday.

• Backroom

In the interview he also rules out Irvine/Kelly taking the job, so he already knows they are going as well.

Dunn is going to be the only one left ... I would expect he will be the one on the touchline on Saturday.

Lambert hasn't left the building yet. He's going after the last two matches.

skybet quick off the mark

ChIaO4mU4AA_foK.jpg

Think skybet taking the P*** with the fifth name at 25/1 ! They wouldn't would they?

A frankly laughable and unrealistic collection of names. Grayson, McCarthy, Warnock, Poyet, Pearson, Moyes & O'Neill?!?

As if any of that lot would come near this place. O'Neill is best mates with Lambert and will know all about Venkys from their chats. Warnock and Grayson already have better jobs in the Championship. Poyet and McCarthy could be available but will have a pick of Championship clubs.

Pearson and Moyes can look at Premier League jobs.

Where was nixons piece on this? Thought he had an inside line to lambert. Turns out he knows nowt as we all (most) predicted

Although he his currently milking it on twitter, guess if you put all sides of a story out beforehand you can say you were right , lets face it the sun needs all the clickbait it can muster

I'm out.

Will attend any protest thats arranged as I always have but I refuse to support the club THEY OWN. Marsh and Duffy will leave, Hanley probably too, Graham will go elsewhere, no self respecting manager will come given the circumstances of PL leaving, there will be gates of 7000, there will be no investment to the playing squad and we will get relegated. Save your money chaps and put it towards a decent holiday because although the club needs support, THEY dont deserve it.

Past the point of being shocked or emabarassed or dissapointed but thats me... finished.

If they or any or their representatives read this messageboard... A word of advice... Dont ever come to Ewood for your own safety.

To those questioning Lambert's motives in leaving, looking at him leaving on the back of poor results and yes he may want the Celtic job or whatever, but that's ignoring all that's gone on. We don't have to look back too far to see this goes far deeper than Lambert's job aspirations. Our (ex-)director of communications has more than alluded to it being an absolute balls-up of a situation behind the scenes. Do I blame Lambert for saving his own skin? Do I heck. He hasn't had the impact we all hoped but he's been fighting a losing battle from the off. Promises clearly haven't been kept and I expressed my concern at the JR sale as to whether Venky's would actually invest. Didn't think they would and now it seems certain they're intent on fecking us over (at least) one more time. @#/?s.

Irrespective of 'supporting your club', on a purely human level I think most of us are sick to death of being played for fools and having the Mickey taken out of us.

You wouldn't allow another person to continually wound you and never learn from their mistakes, just because it is a club we have all loved doesn't make it any different in principle.

I am looking forward to see if we have the 75% of season tickets if we go up next year offer.

For those saying that Lambert is engineering a move to Celtic, he must be taking Myers with him then. His departure doesn't add up in that context. Both know what's coming on the horizon and both have left town ASAP.

Mentioned a few weeks ago that Lambert was off, the second part was sell Hanley and Duffy and promote a bucket load of kids to the first team. How ever long it takes, the only way out of this now is administration. There is no other outcome possible.

Disgusted with this whole situation...

Just when you start to think the owners have made a decision to try and make some small steps towards a way out of the mess that ultimately they created, BANG, massively backwards into what surely will be an even worse situation.

Probably more for the renewal thread but I have had enough of this now, I cant justify spending my wages on something I don't enjoy anymore and if the owners are sticking a huge middle finger up at me then they can have one right back...

Surely Lambert etc came here on the back of promises to be able to overhaul this squad and make something of it for the next season?

So, does that mean he was lied to and is now walking? wow!

Genuinely gutted by the mess we have become...

I find it absolutely astounding that a few posters are happy to see the back of him, this is just about as bad as it gets. A reputable manager that on the face of it has had his plans for getting the club back on track just thrown back in his face.

This situation can only get worse, it can't get any better.

Jack Walker deserves better than this, I'm going to the Reading game, but after that I'm finished until the @#/? off back under the rock from where they came.

Enough is enough.

What have our famous 'action group' had to say on this matter? Are we preparing a statement? Shall we, as fans, prepare a statement for the Venky's and other footballing people to read?

If the Venky's won't portray us well, we should at least portray ourselves as best we can. Let's make ourselves the least bit respectable.

Does anyone on these boards have any contacts with journos? I am 100% certain they will publish anything we send to them with what's going on at the moment. It's our time to strike.

Well, well, well. What a mess. And to think we hoped that they had learnt some lessons.

I can now only believe that the owners felt we had a chance at the play-offs this year hence getting Lambert in. How ludicrous. What a set of total morons.

The sooner they get lost the better, whatever that leaves us with. Their isn't much left to ruin but they seem determined to have a go.

Listened to Lamberts interview and obviously this has been coming for a while .Results probably reflect the players also knowing the outcome.

What galls me is that if it is such a brilliant club and, as he stated needs help,then him walking away in no way helps this club. Would have respected him more if he had the bottle to accept the financial plight we are in and stuck it out.

Irrespective of the carnage that Venkys have reigned down on us,who is going to stand their corner and fight for the club.

How on earth he can realistically expect to stand in the dressing room for the next 2 games is beyond me, what kind of example is he giving.

He castigated Bowyer and the mentality of the club, for making excuses about FFP etc. but bemoans the selling of players before his appointment.

Bobby Saxton nearly drowned for the sake of saving a football, Lambert leaving the club, because it has become an increasingly more difficult job is unacceptable.

I am in no way condoning the actions of our owners,who must go down as the most incompetent owners ever, but we now need a manager with the character to ride the storm. Somebody willing to put the club first not his CV.

Andy Bayes BBC Lancs

"Paul Lambert deciding to leave is no surprise.

"Over recent weeks he has grown increasingly frustrated at the lack of communication from the owners in India, with regards his plans for next season.

"His departure next month will leave Blackburn Rovers without a manager, chairman, chief executive or managing director. A situation that can not continue going forward."

Rao clan you are bunch amateurs,

Sorry for insulting decent amateurs

Archived