BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lambert Leaving!

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Until we know the real reason why he left - none of us really know the bigger picture.

A lot are assuming that it is because the Venky's won't back him - but it is just as likely that he has been playing the press and will shortly end up with his dream job at Celtic.

Bigger picture is the end ... Are you on a wind up or delusional.

In terms of results Lambert probably deserved the boot anyway. I'm not the only one who has been disappointed with results and performances since he took over.

The message his departure sends about the owners and the way the club is run is terrible though - which decent manager would come and work for us now ?

And our few decent players - Hanley, Marshall - will undoubtedly be off in the summer - and who can blame them?

As it stands we must be certainties to go down next season.

My take on it ... Their 'man in Blackburn' has had a good long look at all aspects of the club and has not liked what he has seen. Following on from this Lambert has realised that he would no longer be supported and has agreed to walk to keep another sacking off his CV.

As I said earlier ... who they bring in to fill vacated positions will tell us more about their plans for the future.

There man... Woop woop

If this was/is true - then Lambert is as bad as them.

Makes you wonder whether an approach from Celtic to sound out Lambert was made prior to telling the current manager he wasn't wanted at the end of the season - which then makes you question Lambert starting his complaints about our owners not backing him.

I'd be surprised if PL just said everything to engineer a move (to Celtic, specifically).

Ive said for weeks : if he's not financed, I wouldn't blame him for leaving. Why should he ruin his whole reputation, fighting losing battles on and off the pitch ?

You cant win with a losing hand.

Also, I'm a little unsure why he's sticking around for the last 2 games.

Until we know the real reason why he left - none of us really know the bigger picture.

A lot are assuming that it is because the Venky's won't back him - but it is just as likely that he has been playing the press and will shortly end up with his dream job at Celtic.

Well him and Myers have been alluding to the bigger picture for a while now, i.e another likely downscale. There may well be something in the Celtic thing but maybe PL was prepared to stay here instead if he got backing.

Either way it's another mess. Don't forget we'll lose Graham now and what about Marshalls contract ? That to me tells the bigger picture. Just another phase of the downscale after a brief flirtation with an oppo to start rebuilding.

Despite me being the person that posted the Lambert to Celtic story on here a few weeks ago I've been told by the same source that the club (Celtic) have their eyes on two other candidates - one of whom is Moyes. The other is an ex Celtic manager. I don't think Lambert has done himself any favours - in terms of getting another job - over the past few weeks.

Bigger picture is the end ... Are you on a wind up or delusional.

Abbey realise you are upset - we all are - but at the end of the day I am suspicious of Lambert's motives in all this.

If the owners have renegade on promises of cash for this summer - then we really are up a famous creek without a paddle.

Whats going on when Lambert could've stayed beyond this season, eventually get the sack if things carry on the way they are... get a handsome pay-off and spend time in the garden.

But he'd rather leave his job, be unemployed and probably focus on getting the Celtic job, probably?

• Moderation Lead

Whats going on when Lambert could've stayed beyond this season, eventually get the sack if things carry on the way they are... get a handsome pay-off and spend time in the garden.

But he'd rather leave his job, be unemployed and probably focus on getting the Celtic job, probably?

An exit strategy hopefully. Though I don't expect this to end well, and imagine there will be some turbulence....

skybet quick off the mark

ChIaO4mU4AA_foK.jpg

Think skybet taking the P*** with the fifth name at 25/1 ! They wouldn't would they?

Only one likely candidate on there and that's Dunn. Hell Kean coming back is more likely than some of the names on that list. Grayson? PNE are in better shape than we are and will be chasing promotion long before us.

Jesus fking christ

Even after all that has gone on at Circus Ewood for nearly 6 years some are quick to suspect the motives of the manager and give the owners the benefit of the doubt

The mind fkin boggles

Life is full of muppets and do gooders. It's a large reason why the country gets in such a mess.

Jesus fking christ

Even after all that has gone on at Circus Ewood for nearly 6 years some are quick to suspect the motives of the manager and give the owners the benefit of the doubt

The mind fkin boggles

Personally not giving anyone the benefit of the doubt - just not automatically assuming he is leaving just because of our owners. At the end of the day he knew what he was getting into - and I don't buy into him using the press as a way to get the owners to put their hands in their pockets. He isn't daft - he must know that a tactic like that wasn't likely to be successful - but it did cover up for some poor performances, and also managed to get fans on his side for standing up to the owners (fans who otherwise might have questioned the poor results).

I remember some people on the MB saying at the time he joined that he couldn't lose - as if the worst happened people would blame the owners.

I don't think things are as black and white as it seems, until we see the calibre of the potential replacement its hard for me to judge, lambert has under achieved this year and i wouldnt be surprised if to save some face hes jumping before he's pushed as i think he clearly has his eyes on the Celtic job(why wouldn't he)

Personally not giving anyone the benefit of the doubt - just not automatically assuming he is leaving just because of our owners. At the end of the day he knew what he was getting into - and I don't buy into him using the press as a way to get the owners to put their hands in their pockets. He isn't daft - he must know that a tactic like that wasn't likely to be successful - but it did cover up for some poor performances, and also managed to get fans on his side for standing up to the owners (fans who otherwise might have questioned the poor results).

I remember some people on the MB saying at the time he joined that he couldn't lose - as if the worst happened people would blame the owners.

Funny how the poor results seemed to start, just about the time when he wanted them to talk to him about budgets for next season, and he got absolutely

no response.

Archived