BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lambert Leaving!

Gary had the likes of rhodes, Gestede, Cairney, King, Rochina, judge (13/14), Marshall, Conway, Hanley, Olsson, Dunn. Had Lambert been here when all those players were, we would have got at least top 6.

You could also say that with GB we wouldn't have actually had half of those players.

Also - Lambert struggled to get the best out of Rhodes - who is to say he would have got the best out of those players ?

Anyway - why are we debating what could have been - at the end of the day Lambert brought in a large number of his own players - and we still didn't improve much. I was all for giving him the summer to shape the squad - but that still doesn't detract from the fact he didn't achieve the improvement in performances we all hoped for. Indeed he fell a long way short of his proud boasts about attacking football he made when he first joined.

Lots needs to happen very quickly to get a new manager in, get the structure improved etc etc etc - but I admit it doesn't look good at the moment.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think too many people are missing the point here. It's not about comparisons between previous managers or who had whichever players or budget. It's about the Indians breaking a promise again. They promised to respect and protect Jacks legacy from day one and nigh on six years later they are still breaking promises. What about confused.com's baby?

There should be some legal recourse after what that horrible woman promised us in her first interview. She along with fat Venky and confused.com can go to hell for me.

I think too many people are missing the point here. It's not about comparisons between previous managers or who had whichever players or budget. It's about the Indians breaking a promise again. They promised to respect and protect Jacks legacy from day one and nigh on six years later they are still breaking promises. What about confused.com's baby?

There should be some legal recourse after what that horrible woman promised us in her first interview. She along with fat Venky and confused.com can go to hell for me.

I suspect eventually they might but unfortunately too late to help us

The problem is that the Rovers are a Private Limited Company, the owners can more or less do what they want

venkys really do have no shame whatsoever. Horrible, disgusting excuses for humans. Give Lambert backing and promise him funds and then come the summer there is none. Shameless creatures

venkys out

At what point have I defended anything to do with Steve Kean?

The whole point of my post is that Paul Lambert was never as good as he made himself out to be.

He failed at Villa, he's failed here and he tried to deflect the blame onto other things.

Any Manager in any job worth their salt knows you always take the blame onto yourself.

I currently work in a business where the company are cost cutting and stretching out staff to cover too many bases yet we have a great manager at our particular branch and are still doing well.

Lambert is supposedly a good Manager and regardless of what's happening in the background he should have done a lot better than he has. That is simply my point.

Hmm, ignoring the mess he inherited, that other good managers - for example Hughes - struggled initially to get results, no money spent, that after a promising period things dropped off around the time Lambert realized he'd been had, no management structure or communication - apart from all those mitigating factors Lambert was a complete failure and it was all his fault.

Yes he should have done better with what he had, but that probably means we should be around mid table. So being a few places lower than he should be in that respect is disappointing but hardly a huge disaster. He's only a failure if promotion was the sole aim but that would be impossible in the situation given all the factors - or should I say the one factor causing the chaos Venkys - he was up against.

Anyone who thinks this is anything other than a Venkys muck up is in la la land.

Some of the comments attributed to Lambert are strange - he made his decision weeks ago - but still hasn't had a discussion about transfer budget for next season.

"We had discussions a few weeks ago, but we thought if it wasn't really going to go in the way we thought it could go, I think everyone was in agreement it was better to activate the clause and everybody was happy with it. I've got no ill feeling towards anyone here."

Who is the "we" ? he says he hasn't spoken to the owners - so who has he been speaking to. You could also interpret "that it was going to go in the we thought it could go" - being either no funds, or disappointment from the owners at this seasons displays and final position. But the no funds bit would contradict his own statement that he doesn't know what next seasons budget is.

All leaves a feeling that it was a lack of owner ambition - but without knowing the budget for next season.

The worst thing about this situation is not knowing. The V`s make a rod for their backs by not talking to anyone. Had a feeling about something happening a few weeks ago. Not saying its right but that is most probably why they haven`t communicated with Lambert regarding budget, they wanted him gone.

Some of the comments attributed to Lambert are strange - he made his decision weeks ago - but still hasn't had a discussion about transfer budget for next season.

"We had discussions a few weeks ago, but we thought if it wasn't really going to go in the way we thought it could go, I think everyone was in agreement it was better to activate the clause and everybody was happy with it. I've got no ill feeling towards anyone here."

Who is the "we" ? he says he hasn't spoken to the owners - so who has he been speaking to. You could also interpret "that it was going to go in the we thought it could go" - being either no funds, or disappointment from the owners at this seasons displays and final position. But the no funds bit would contradict his own statement that he doesn't know what next seasons budget is.

All leaves a feeling that it was a lack of owner ambition - but without knowing the budget for next season.

Sounds like he has been let go by mutual agreement, they won`t have sacked him because we are so close to the end of the season.

I understand the bit in bold to mean we made a decision a few weeks ago and if it turns out there is no budget then we are off. He didn't make a decision to leave then, it was dependent on the unknown at the time, budget.

I currently work in a business where the company are cost cutting and stretching out staff to cover too many bases yet we have a great manager at our particular branch and are still doing well.

Lambert is supposedly a good Manager and regardless of what's happening in the background he should have done a lot better than he has. I am simple..

Changed it for you

He doesn't explicitly say so but I think the conclusion we can draw for him leaving is that there's not going to be any money to spend in the summer or at least not the sort of amounts Lambert thinks is needed to improve the playing squad and push for promotion next season. It's interesting that there was a release clause in his contract enabling him to walk away at the end of this season. Maybe that was a condition on Lambert agreeing to take the job in the first place? I don't know, but it's just typical of the sort of non-committal and amateurish way the club is being run that such a clause would be implemented into a contract.

I was foolish enough to be one of those excited at the appointment of Lambert. Thinking that the Venky's had turned over a new leaf and made a sensible decision for once. Appointing a manager with some pedigree for a change and the possibility of him being given the funds to build his own side. Probably the highlight for me of an otherwise dire season was Lambert's first game in charge away at Preston. There was at least a sense of hope after that game that maybe we might be moving back in the right direction. The hope slowly faded after the intial good run of results over his honeymoon period. The team more or less returned to similar form to what it had been doing under Bowyer earlier in the season. Overall I have to say I'm disappointed with the impact Lambert has had on the team, I was expecting more of an improvement. Maybe some would argue we would have been relegated under Bowyer this season and as such Lambert did well. The sale of Rhodes was perhaps inevitable and the signings of Graham & Gomez on loan did prove to be good moves as they scored the goals to at least secure our place in this division next season.

One thing about Lambert is that he's clearly a determined and ambitious manager. The worry is that now it is blatantly obviously that anyone with a sense of ambition would willingly rather choose the exit door than stay at the club under the current clueless ownership.

What a shambles we are top to bottom. Anyone thinking Venkys can turn this around need to see a doctor. Half the squad gone in summer, we will miss Brown, no manager, no direction in the boardroom if we still have one and no money.

We really need them to go and to hell with it. Let's start again. So much for their Baby, maybe 50 million was not enough for Lambert!

I was really hoping for some good parting shots from Lambert as listening to the BBC this afternoon it sounded like he was going because he had failed, no talk about the lack of funds and backtracking from the V's.

When will this @#/? ever end...........

What a shambles we are top to bottom. Anyone thinking Venkys can turn this around need to see a doctor. Half the squad gone in summer, we will miss Brown, no manager, no direction in the boardroom if we still have one and no money.

We really need them to go and to hell with it. Let's start again. So much for their Baby, maybe 50 million was not enough for Lambert!

I was really hoping for some good parting shots from Lambert as listening to the BBC this afternoon it sounded like he was going because he had failed, no talk about the lack of funds and backtracking from the V's.

When will this @#/? ever end...........

PL said plenty about the intentions of the owners

Archived