BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lambert Leaving!

Everyone on this message board should copy and paste it and send it to their email addresses and any company's we can find that does business with them.

Over and over, as many times as we can.

Seems like they have blocked all the proxys and you can't now enter the venkys website from overseas...........

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else think Lambert always planned to walk away but was expecting to be able to do so with a bit more clout after doing well?

I had heard he asked for far more than was reasonable as a ready made get out

No idea but as I've said previously the constant moaning to the press wasn't good and his original philosophy of "a lack on money is just an excuse" very quickly changed. I think his spell at Villa has taken a lot out of him. Only time will tell what sort of manager he really is.

Seems like they have blocked all the proxys and you can't now enter the venkys website from overseas...........

No, I can't get on since the news was announced. Do we not have an India-based member?

Anyone else think Lambert always planned to walk away but was expecting to be able to do so with a bit more clout after doing well?

No.

Ridiculous statement, would you want to put 5 months work on your CV? and you left because you fell out with the boss?

For anyone who thinks Paul Lambert is to blame please remove ones head from arse and join us in the real world:

Matt wrote this on another thread:

No chairman

No ceo

No boardroom

No groundsman

No players

No contracts

No competent owners

No season tickets

Massive debt

Dwindling fanbase.

and some think Lamberts done a cr@p job? It's hard to understand why, with such building blocks In place, how could he fail

I don't think anyone is saying it was an easy job - I think there was an expectation that replacing GB with an experienced manager would improve performances. Possibly we underestimated the job that GB had done - obviously not a brilliant job, but it would appear a better job than many gave him credit for. As they say Rome wasn't built in a day - so personally wasn't expecting top 6 or anything daft like that - just for him to get more out of the existing squad, and possibly for his signings to be more successful.

IMO Lambert has underachieved this season - irrespective of the circumstances.

No.

Ridiculous statement, would you want to put 5 months work on your CV? and you left because you fell out with the boss?

When your boss is the Venky's - nobody would blame you for leaving - and he has played this card very well towards the end of his tenure.

• Backroom

No.

I'm not saying I blame him but I do think this has been his end game for quite a while now

I don't think anyone is saying it was an easy job - I think there was an expectation that replacing GB with an experienced manager would improve performances. Possibly we underestimated the job that GB had done - obviously not a brilliant job, but it would appear a better job than many gave him credit for. As they say Rome wasn't built in a day - so personally wasn't expecting top 6 or anything daft like that - just for him to get more out of the existing squad, and possibly for his signings to be more successful.

IMO Lambert has underachieved this season - irrespective of the circumstances.

When your boss is the Venky's - nobody would blame you for leaving - and he has played this card very well towards the end of his tenure.

Far too many people on this site thought that replacing Bowyer with experience would improve players that quite simply are not good enough.

Regardless of what anyone says players like Brown, Spur, delf, Steele, Jackson, Akpan, Kiota, Williamson, Taylor etc etc were/are all on very poor wages, very poor contracts because they're rubbish, league 1 players, other sides cast offs, inconsistent, happy with mediocrity and more importantly available during FFP for very little money.

A few posters could see that without a long term strategy and some funds this side was going one way, down to league 1.

So to say Lambert has underachieved in my opinion shows a lack of realisation, a lack of understanding just how bad the playing side has become under these rats from Pune.

Couple this with players being out of contract, no board, no chairman, no boss, no communication, directors leaving and you have a situation unique only to Blackburn Rovers.

Please see the bigger picture, it's not about a manager under performing, it's about a club in crisis from top to bottom.

I'm not saying I blame him but I do think this has been his end game for quite a while now

Yes i can agree with that, since he realised he's been lied too.

I am totally and thoroughly gutted by the latest news from Ewood. I am what most of you would call an "old git" but as a lad I watched players such as the great Bill Eckersley playing and although having lived overseas I have continued to keep track of all the happenings /games etc, which is easier to do nowadays thanks to satellite tv and computers. Unfortunately the events of the last 5 years or so have been an absolute nightmare and although its been shocking I believe its now coming to a horrible conclusion. With the current set up it is almost unthinkable that Rovers can survive as a functioning club but what happens next is anybody's guess.

I feel for all Rovers fans as I believe no fans anywhere have had to deal with such unbelievable owners and make no mistake the blame for the long slow death Rovers lies squarely in the lap of the so called owners. We are all struggling to find answers but with the wall of silence its impossible to obtain them but my gut feeling is that very soon things will be out in the open, my guess administration, but as I say gut feeling.

I think anyone looking at Lambert for answers to what's happening here, is looking in the wrong direction Tom.

More like Lambert was set up to fail by Venkys ....

I feel for all Rovers fans as I believe no fans anywhere have had to deal with such unbelievable owners and make no mistake the blame for the long slow death Rovers lies squarely in the lap of the so called owners. We are all struggling to find answers but with the wall of silence its impossible to obtain them but my gut feeling is that very soon things will be out in the open, my guess administration, but as I say gut feeling......

Brilliant post !

It is rare, extremely rare, for a Championship manager to decide to walk away from a 2 year contract after just 6 months in the job without even having an attempt pre-season or summer transfer window.

This shows us that Lambert would prefer to walk out, give up his job and income, write off the value of a 2 year deal, and go back to being unemployed with no guarantee of employment in the immediate future, because the conditions and situation he has faced at this club are so poor that he knows there is no benefit to staying.

He knows the club is destined to fail. He knows that it will be fighting relegation next season and with no spending will likely end up in League One. He doesn't want to be part of that.

He's ambitious. He means business. He wants promotion and wanted to put the groundwork in place since January to build towards that, but has been prevented from doing so by the disgraceful people that own this club.

This isn't a question of whether Lambert was doing well or not, how good or poor his signings were. Anyone making this into a debate about his track record or results or style of play is missing the point.

The point is that a manager that wanted to rebuild his reputation and this club and go for promotion next season has realised that this is a sinking ship and has no hope whatsoever going forward. He has been convinced by what he has seen and heard behind the scenes that it isn't even worth attempting a go at next season because it is only going to end one way with these people, and he isn't prepared to wreck what's left of his reputation in the process.

The final insult will be in a season or two, when we are languishing in the 3rd or 4th division and Lambert gets a job at an ambitious Championship club, who appreciate his ambition and work with him and get rewarded by getting promoted.

I wonder what effect this will have on Venkys. Will they even know he's gone or why he's gone? They aren't used to people walking away, usually the managers hold on for dear life for a pay-off.

God help the next manager. No squad, no backing, no money, no hope. We need a manager now, but where would he start? Mammoth task.

An impossible task den.

The best manager in the business couldn't work with this squad and these owners.

The new manager thread is about to overtake the protest thread in terms of posts, nowt as fickle as football fans eh....

• Backroom

I wonder what effect this will have on Venkys. Will they even know he's gone or why he's gone? They aren't used to people walking away, usually the managers hold on for dear life for a pay-off.

For all we know Derek "went rogue" again and inserted the release clause into the contract without Venky's permission.

Nothing but contempt for those trying to make Lambert's performance (alleged) as being the focus of the crisis we are in.

A deliberate distraction from the real issues.

Same goes for those thinking we shouldn't sound off now but wait and see how things pan out.

There's no "wind of change"at Ewood but there will soon be the rolling of tumbleweed along the empty rows of seats.

Years ago I posted a spoof account of an imaginary FA Cup clash between Rovers and our giant Football League neighbours, Accrington Stanley at Pleasington! I was having a laugh at the time but I realise now I was being prescient!

I'd love to repost that but have no idea how to find it!

Any notion that we should keep calm and carry on is ludlcrous. The club is dying. Its now or never. Rovers Trust needs to step up.

No idea but as I've said previously the constant moaning to the press wasn't good and his original philosophy of "a lack on money is just an excuse" very quickly changed. I think his spell at Villa has taken a lot out of him. Only time will tell what sort of manager he really is.

No, I can't get on since the news was announced. Do we not have an India-based member?

Punerover allegedly

I've even had sympathy from Bolton fans and a Blackpool fan. Certainly the Bolton lot think we will end up worse than them in the next couple of years and genuinely wouldn't swap places. How grim is that ?

In terms of results Lambert probably deserved the boot anyway. I'm not the only one who has been disappointed with results and performances since he took over.

The message his departure sends about the owners and the way the club is run is terrible though - which decent manager would come and work for us now ?

And our few decent players - Hanley, Marshall - will undoubtedly be off in the summer - and who can blame them?

As it stands we must be certainties to go down next season.

Might as well start your relegation thread immediately after the season end. It relly does not matter.who we bring in they are not going to get any support from.our worthless POS owners!

Nothing but contempt for those trying to make Lambert's performance (alleged) as being the focus of the crisis we are in.

A deliberate distraction from the real issues.

Same goes for those thinking we shouldn't sound off now but wait and see how things pan out.

There's no "wind of change"at Ewood but there will soon be the rolling of tumbleweed along the empty rows of seats.

Years ago I posted a spoof account of an imaginary FA Cup clash between Rovers and our giant Football League neighbours, Accrington Stanley at Pleasington! I was having a laugh at the time but I realise now I was being prescient!

I'd love to repost that but have no idea how to find it!

Any notion that we should keep calm and carry on is ludlcrous. The club is dying. Its now or never. Rovers Trust needs to step up.

TBH I don't think those of us that question how Lambert has performed - or his motives are under any illusions about our owners.

Yes - the root of all our current issues are the owners - what I am waiting for is a credible alternative. Administration is possibly the only way out - but at the moment I don't see them writing off millions of pounds to do that.

Protests will make people feel better in the short term - but as in the Kean era - they will just end up more frustrated as the owners ignore them and carry on as they want.

Without another Jack on the horizon - I really don't see where we can go other than a miracle that the owners will miraculously put the necessary structure, money and new manager in place.

Ok - that has depressed me for the day now.

Archived