BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lambert Leaving!

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know how to write to Lambert?

I want to apologise to him on behalf of our f*cktard owners. What are the chances he'll read the letter if I sent it directly to the club?

Venkys will intercept it and buy you a season ticket for next season as punishment

Does anyone know how to write to Lambert?

I want to apologise to him on behalf of our f*cktard owners. What are the chances he'll read the letter if I sent it directly to the club?

PM'd you

Take this how you want... From a source that has usually been fairly accurate in the past...

Lambert promised playoffs to the owners in January and when that didn't seem likely quoted the owners an obscene amount of money that he thought he needed to get us promoted next season. Obviously they weren't willing to give him that amount of cash having seen the results he'd given toward the end of the season which has led us to this outcome.

I doubt Fergie would promise play offs with the current playing staff...

It's Venkys I want to get in contact with - they (possibly although they may have already messed it up) have a tiny window of opportunity to get this club back to the prem and get their money back.

That being - call Paul Lambert now, apologise and commit to back him with what he feels he needs. Even if it costs them 10 or 20 million - it is the last chance to rectify things. With a debt of 100 million on the club what is another 10 or 20? The only way they see any of it back is if we get back to the premiership, and Paul Lambert is our best chance of doing that.

I would honestly get a flight out to pune if I thought those idiots would listen.

The last lifeboat of a chance for our sinking club, and Venkys let it drift on past through arrogance and stupidity.

I doubt Fergie would promise play offs with the current playing staff...

I doubt any manager would but Venky's probably expected it. They expected Beckham and Ronaldinho to sign ffs.

It's Venkys I want to get in contact with - they (possibly although they may have already messed it up) have a tiny window of opportunity to get this club back to the prem and get their money back.

That being - call Paul Lambert now, apologise and commit to back him with what he feels he needs. Even if it costs them 10 or 20 million - it is the last chance to rectify things. With a debt of 100 million on the club what is another 10 or 20? The only way they see any of it back is if we get back to the premiership, and Paul Lambert is our best chance of doing that.

I would honestly get a flight out to pune if I thought those idiots would listen.

The last lifeboat of a chance for our sinking club, and Venkys let it drift on past through arrogance and stupidity.

Venky's won't even know the prize money for getting in the PL. I bet they think "£20m for a measly trophy, pah."

very disappointed that Lambert is leaving us.

Most fans wanted him to stay.

still angry and annoyed now that Venkys have forced one of the best thing they done away from club

but as soon as new one comes in you will be starstruck #justsayin

Paul Lambert was in the last chance saloon as a manager.Hes took the Rovers job on hoping to get his career back on track ..back in the public eye ..a major fail and he d be forgotten about forever.Once he found out there would be no financial backing for next season(as we all are presuming ) he had to get out.To stay next season would be career suicide.Remember outside Blackburn ,people only look at results ..not the bigger picture.

I see Paul Lambert as our last chance to save the situation those idiots have gotten us into, so:

Is it completely inconceivable that our bonkers owners could actually take the next week to digest his plan, or even look at it, and give him the go-ahead to take his plan forward?

I think it's been a lack of communication that's behind his decision to walk, no so much them knocking back his plan.

Could we see an about turn in the coming weeks?

No.

Any one of us on this message board could have written that story. No source, nothing. Simply putting two and two together. From what I've been told by people close to Celtic I very much doubt that Paul Lambert will be their new manager. If they have got that 'story' from anywhere it will be Lambert's side, rather than Celtic.

Any one of us on this message board could have written that story. No source, nothing. Simply putting two and two together. From what I've been told by people close to Celtic I very much doubt that Paul Lambert will be their new manager. If they have got that 'story' from anywhere it will be Lambert's side, rather than Celtic.

Things change OJF, but Paul has gone on record as saying he's not interested in managing in Scotland, but that was whilst he was at Norwich.

I simply don't buy he's left us for Celtic and I'm not sure anyone else does really, he's walked because hes not being taken a fool by absent owners, he's just been through that at Villa and it made him ill.

If he goes to Celtic, he goes to his boyhood supporting club, and the club he was successful as a player at.

Can't begrudge him that.

He's said publicly a number of things that no one else at the club has had the balls to do, and call out Venkys. He's tried to completely change the way we play, train etc with to be fair not as much success as merited, but then again hes had to cope with having to sell his most valuable players, without funds to replace them.

My fear is that his comments will put off anyone with a proven record in future, so we will be left to the ongoing game of chance of unproven management.

Wouldn't be surprised if he has gambled but ultimately unable to work with Venkys wall of silence.

The more I read the Lambert comments in that article the more they seem like a message directly to Venkys. Add in the RoversPlayer interview.

It's a pretty sad state of affairs when these are the only ways he has of communicating with Venkys. I can't think of when I've seen circumstances like this before. Where a manager announces he is leaving under a cloud but stays on to serve his notice citing a clause in his contract. The bonkers world of Venkys.

very disappointed that Lambert is leaving us.

Most fans wanted him to stay.

still angry and annoyed now that Venkys have forced one of the best thing they done away from club

Where's the Rhodes money gone ?

Archived