BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lambert Leaving!

That's you and me done pal.

and?

If you remember I was replying to your reply. You know? The one taking a line of my post?

What has ES' said? Maybe quote if if you are asking a question about it - this is not the discussion in the futures thread, if that's what you are referring to (in terms of ES's post).

Either way I'm more bothered about the plight of the club so do what you have to do.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those criticising Lambert forget we stayed up.

Many were predicting a relegation battle under Bowyer. With Rhodes toys coming out of his pram there was every chance we would have been in big trouble under Bowyer.

You think Bowyer could have won 4 on the bounce after winning 3 out of 17?

No, me neither.

Lambert achieved the only target that could be realistically set after such a poor start and kept us up. Those saying he should have turned Bowyers squad into promotion contenders have obviously forgotten Bowyer's useless signings and the mentality fostered.

Perhaps Lambert should also have won the League Cup as well as promotion, even though we went out before he arrived under Bowyer!

I for one would have been disgusted if we had sleep-walked to relegation under Bowyer and am pleased the decision was taken to save our season decisively.

Don't blame Rhodes wanting to leave. Or Cairney. Or Gestede. Or Lambert. The club is led by village idiots and anyone with half a brain, or some talent, or ambition, would not continue to work under such conditions, unless there was no chance of similar pay elsewhere.

Social media, web forums etc. are often described as 'echo chambers', i.e many young left wingers (not Wilcox) couldn't comprehend how Labour didn't romp to victory last year, 'I mean EVERYONE I know on Twitter hates the Tories'.

This place is getting like that, Like 99% of BRFCC, I despise Venky's. Pre 2010, I wouldn't hear a bad word said about Blackburn Rovers, the John Williams era club was something I was immensely proud of, so to see this pathetic shell of a club that we now are makes me weep, they are the route of everything that has befallen us.

However, that is not the universal opinion around the area and on matchdays:

'They mean well'

'They were duped by Anderson'

'We were always going to get relegated'

'I'm still glad Fat Sam went'

'At least Bowyer had us playing good football unlike Lambert, thank f--- he's gone'

'They put millions in'

'Hate this negativity, just get behind the lads ffs!'

This is why protests will not get off the ground, there is not enough of a groundswell of support to take the owners on, plenty of folk just think we are falling down the pecking order to our 'natural' level or they are sick of watching tripe and will go to B&Q instead on a Saturday.

WE on BRFCC are the minority, the one's that are out of touch. We spend hours on a BRFC website, debating the ins and out of club finance, board membership, ownership and so on, most fans aren't like us and the Abbey matchday experience of encountering plenty of Venky support in the stands is more common than many on here have grasped.

Spot on. Well said that man.

Some post on here with those sights and sounds fresh in the memory. Others just post on here.

Well maybe his agent said to him " Hey Paul how about the Blackburn job ? those owners seem to be acting a bit more sensibly these days,

Gary Bowyer was in charge for 2 and a half years you know "

So he thought he'd give it a go and he was promised a decent budget in the summer, after we come out of FFP embargo, he wasn't totally

convinced however, so his agent insisted he have a get-out clause put into his contract, the rest is history.

Fair play to him and his agent in that sense but ultimately I still feel let down. Do I think someone of suggested character would stay around "to keep us up" or walk when they'd realised they'd been lied to?

Maybe that would've been a better way of shining the light on just how badly the club is run - resignation, big interview in press.

As Amarillo says, from his point of view - he owes us nothing. Well expectation isn't about owing, and it's fair to say that he raises my expectations immeasurably when he plopped into Ewood.

The way it's ending is clearly the owners fault. That doesn't mean anyone with some gripe towards PL is "defending" the owners.

On a seperate point, he thanked the owners for their support. What part of that is fine with anyone who (like me) absolutely sick of the structure of the club?

Listening to Talksh*** this morning in the car (don't know why I do it), one of their presenters was backpedalling furiously on his scathing criticism of Klopp earlier in the season. To be fair what he said made total sense.

Some managers can have an instant but often limited effect, others can have a better effect that builds up over time with the right owner/fan support and with patience. The Liverpool board and fans were loyal to a fault to Klopp and are reaping the rewards.

Venkys treatment of Lambert disgusts me and many fans turning on him, even before his announced departure, disappoints me. He could have been our Championship Klopp. He's won it before and give me experience over appointing some try-hard from within the club every time.

• Backroom

Listening to Talksh*** this morning in the car (don't know why I do it), one of their presenters was backpedalling furiously on his scathing criticism of Klopp earlier in the season. To be fair what he said made total sense.

Some managers can have an instant but often limited effect, others can have a better effect that builds up over time with the right owner/fan support and with patience. The Liverpool board and fans were loyal to a fault to Klopp and are reaping the rewards.

Venkys treatment of Lambert disgusts me and many fans turning on him, even before his announced departure, disappoints me. He could have been our Championship Klopp. He's won it before and give me experience over appointing some try-hard from within the club every time.

Doesn't Klopp's career follow a similar pattern thus far of a rise followed by a fairly swift decline? Not saying it'll happen to Liverpool but it's a bit early to judge whether his appointment is a success. Obviously winning the Europa League would be fantastic for them, but it'll be more interesting to see if Klopp can sustain his success over a longer period. I think he'll be given the opportunity to do so too, as Liverpool's owners seem reasonably patient by modern standards.

I'm interested to see if Klopp succeeds. Unsure of his sell by date.

He makes you believe in him, but might wear a bit thin (like his 'Goofy German, grinning and his swearing for comical affect).

Back to Rovers. Billy Mckinley. Would be typical.

I'd prefer him to 'car bonnet casanova'

Big fan of Klopp and his style of play, to be a good manager and a good chap is a strange combination these days.. Dortmund fans still adore him even after his bad run, but to much was made of it IMO, these things happen IRL to everyone and in football the unexpected can happen just look at Leicester, Chelsea and co this season.. once the momentum starts it can all go wrong (Chelsea) or right (Leicester) depending on the situation.. but that bad run was just a 4 month blip during his time there (remember our 3 month blip in the promotion season with Dalglish.. and look what happened after that), in the end he came from bottom of the Bundesliga to finish 7th.

Not even bothering with the debate on a new manager, while I care who gets in I just do not believe they will get it right or back whomever they bring in.

Venkys are Scum of the highest order they make even the pond life in certain neighboring towns look classy.

From PL's interview with the LT:

"But the former Borussia Dortmund and Celtic midfielder says he also was surprised that the club’s owners Venky’s came in for criticism."

What an odd game Paul is playing.The king of mixed messages or what!.

All I can say is that I am surprised that he is surprised.... or to quote Bobby Dylan:

"I don't believe you!"

Those criticising Lambert forget we stayed up.

Many were predicting a relegation battle under Bowyer. With Rhodes toys coming out of his pram there was every chance we would have been in big trouble under Bowyer.

You think Bowyer could have won 4 on the bounce after winning 3 out of 17?

No, me neither.

Lambert achieved the only target that could be realistically set after such a poor start and kept us up. Those saying he should have turned Bowyers squad into promotion contenders have obviously forgotten Bowyer's useless signings and the mentality fostered.

Perhaps Lambert should also have won the League Cup as well as promotion, even though we went out before he arrived under Bowyer!

I for one would have been disgusted if we had sleep-walked to relegation under Bowyer and am pleased the decision was taken to save our season decisively.

Don't blame Rhodes wanting to leave. Or Cairney. Or Gestede. Or Lambert. The club is led by village idiots and anyone with half a brain, or some talent, or ambition, would not continue to work under such conditions, unless there was no chance of similar pay elsewhere.

How many players did Lambert bring in ? How many times under Lambert did people complain that the players didn't look interested - weren't putting in effort etc etc - and yet to many that is still Bowyer's fault - even though the person on the touchline is Lambert.

Interesting that you praise our owners for being decisive getting rid of Bowyer and bringing in Lambert.

I don't think many (if any) are saying that Lambert should have achieved miracles - just that he should have achieved more than he did.

One question - our owners were in place when Bowyer was manager - why don't you give him the same slack for having to work under our owners as you seem to be prepared to give Lambert ? Surely Lambert as the more experienced manager should be able to cope far better with our current situation than the rookie Bowyer ?

From PL's interview with the LT:

"But the former Borussia Dortmund and Celtic midfielder says he also was surprised that the club’s owners Venky’s came in for criticism."

What an odd game Paul is playing.The king of mixed messages or what!.

All I can say is that I am surprised that he is surprised.... or to quote Bobby Dylan:

"I don't believe you!"

Thats Odd. Was he referring to someone else all this while who was taking the club in the wrong direction besides the owners? Or he doesn't want to criticize the owners?

Thats Odd. Was he referring to someone else all this while who was taking the club in the wrong direction besides the owners? Or he doesn't want to criticize the owners?

He'll be after his NDA but in all honesty he's been more critical of them in public than any other employee they've had at the club. He does strike me as a bit of an odd guy though anyway.

That's that then.

Bizarrely managed to get a reaction out of the players during his initial 5 game honeymoon period and in the two games after he announced he was leaving. A whopping 17 points from 7 games.

Inbetween times incredibly disappointing in terms of both results and performances imo. Statistically worse than Bowyer with 21 points from 23 games. Sold Rhodes without securing any permanent replacement and has left us with the worst squad in living memory.

Goodbye. Please don't let the door hit you on the backside on the way out. And please take Messrs. Irvine and Kelly with you.

That's that then.

Bizarrely managed to get a reaction out of the players during his initial 5 game honeymoon period and in the two games after he announced he was leaving. A whopping 17 points from 7 games.

Inbetween times incredibly disappointing in terms of both results and performances imo. Statistically worse than Bowyer with 21 points from 23 games. Sold Rhodes without securing any permanent replacement and has left us with the worst squad in living memory.

Goodbye. Please don't let the door hit you on the backside on the way out. And please take Messrs. Irvine and Kelly with you.

Who would you like instead ?

Inbetween. Statistically worse than Bowyer with 21 points from 23 games.

You can't just pick and choose which games to include in your stats to make them look worse for Lambert.....

You can't just pick and choose which games to include in your stats to make them look worse for Lambert.....

Precisely! What a load of garbage. Oh Ranieri had 1 point from 1 game before today, that's relegation form!

Haven't bothered checking the stats but actually combining the 2 Revidge separated in an attempt at spin worthy of Westminster, that'd be 38 points from 30 games, which is definitely better than Bowyer did this season.

Anyway I'll never understand his point of view. Support Bowyer, a manager with zero credentials and who we got continually worse under over a long period. Criticise Lambert throughout, who had impressive credentials and who offered a slight improvement in the limited time he was given, despite having to sell his best player and not being given the money to reinvest.

You know I'm amazed you want Irvine to follow Lambert revidge. Isn't he exactly your type of manager? No track record and no cost? Unless you're awaiting the return of Bowyer, although I'm sure we'll have to pay a hefty fee to prise him away from the club that immediately snapped him up. It'll be worth it though I'm sure.

Lambert should have done better with what he had. In fact he's done as bad, if not worse, than Bowyer did towards the END of his tenure. Lambert has proved NOTHING in his time here other than his petulance. I thought lack of money was just an excuse, anyway? Why is he so hell-bent on it only months after claiming that?

I'm glad we're keeping things sensible, financially. I'm relieved that our club's future isn't being gambled away on giving somebody millions who hasn't convinced any of us that he has what it takes to get us promoted. This season was his probation, and he's outright failed.

Amazing how the feeling only a month or so ago was that Lambert isn't what we thought he was, that the football was terrible, etc. Since he's opened his gob, the focus has entirely turned to Venkys, and everybody is now streaming back towards them to place the blame for our poor showings on the pitch. He's been very smart in spinning this from his own incompetence into an anti-Venkys phase, ensuring that he gets out of his terrible managerial showing with us completely scot-free. Let's face it... It doesn't take much for us to turn on Venkys, and he's completely played on it.

Perhaps Lambert has been taking media tips from Steve Kean and his motley crew. I'm now glad that he's going. We need somebody to work with what we've got and not self-destruct the team when the going gets tough.

Lambert should have done better with what he had. In fact he's done as bad, if not worse, than Bowyer did towards the END of his tenure. Lambert has proved NOTHING in his time here other than his petulance. I thought lack of money was just an excuse, anyway? Why is he so hell-bent on it only months after claiming that?

I'm glad we're keeping things sensible, financially. I'm relieved that our club's future isn't being gambled away on giving somebody millions who hasn't convinced any of us that he has what it takes to get us promoted. This season was his probation, and he's outright failed.

Amazing how the feeling only a month or so ago was that Lambert isn't what we thought he was, that the football was terrible, etc. Since he's opened his gob, the focus has entirely turned to Venkys, and everybody is now streaming back towards them to place the blame for our poor showings on the pitch. He's been very smart in spinning this from his own incompetence into an anti-Venkys phase, ensuring that he gets out of his terrible managerial showing with us completely scot-free. Let's face it... It doesn't take much for us to turn on Venkys, and he's completely played on it.

Perhaps Lambert has been taking media tips from Steve Kean and his motley crew. I'm now glad that he's going. We need somebody to work with what we've got and not self-destruct the team when the going gets tough.

What an absolute load of tosh

Lambert I didn't adhere to but for FFS was the only proven decent manager we've had under these charlatans regime

Get your cash on us going down next season

Bet you'll be happy

Load of tripe from another venkyite

Archived