BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lambert Leaving!

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Things change OJF, but Paul has gone on record as saying he's not interested in managing in Scotland, but that was whilst he was at Norwich.

I simply don't buy he's left us for Celtic and I'm not sure anyone else does really, he's walked because hes not being taken a fool by absent owners, he's just been through that at Villa and it made him ill.

I think his previous mention of an illness element is a significant factor in all this. Extreme stress and the resultant anxiety/depression it can bring on is no joke. He must have suffered at lot at Villa. As a result he's probably determined not to put himself in that position again.

I got the feeling the stress of our Premier League win did for Kenny Dalglish in that respect.

I know any job in football management is stressful but Rovers must be among the most stressful. Trying to move forward in the vacuum that exists at Ewood would try the patience of a saint.

• Moderation Lead

Where's the Rhodes money gone ?

Why do you think Chaddy knows the answer to that? There was an email for Venky's posted on here this week, send the question there perhaps?

I say it with complete certainty.

Unless you are Paul Lambert - I doubt that.

I remember thinking that Kendall would stay rather than returning to the club where he used to play.

IF Lambert has been approached by Celtic I wouldn't be surprised if it has turned his head. Whichever way you look at it Rovers are just a Championship side with great facilities, relatively poor attendances and an average team - compare this with the draw of a team that he has genuine affinity for that will be playing in Europe next season in front of gate of 50k+

So even if Venky's were running the club properly - I wouldn't be surprised to see him go in that scenario.

I suppose only time will tell - if he doesn't end up at Celtic, or very quickly at another job, then we can lay the blame totally with our illustrious owners.

From Radio Lancs interview

"Whoever comes in...there's an awful lot of work to get done."

"They should have started looking (for a manager) weeks ago"

https://audioboom.com/boos/4526339-whoever-comes-in-there-s-an-awful-lot-of-work-to-get-done-onerovers-boss-paul-lambert

Good interview. I like the bit where PL says that if they've not been looking for a manager since he mentioned he was looking to go that there is something wrong.

Something wrong at our club... Never.

I hope that they have specified "juggler" on the job spec.

Good interview. I like the bit where PL says that if they've not been looking for a manager since he mentioned he was looking to go that there is something wrong.

Something wrong at our club... Never.

I hope that they have specified "juggler" on the job spec.

Miracle worker more like

Very revealing interview from Lambert, likening us to Villa, a club in serious decline, but 100% better run than us, which speaks volumes.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/14474730.Paul_Lambert_leaving_Blackburn_Rovers_with____sadness____after_admitting_he_wanted_to_go_in_different_direction_to_the_club/?ref=mac

Very revealing interview from Lambert, likening us to Villa, a club in serious decline, but 100% better run than us, which speaks volumes.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/14474730.Paul_Lambert_leaving_Blackburn_Rovers_with____sadness____after_admitting_he_wanted_to_go_in_different_direction_to_the_club/?ref=mac

Read it before Gav. He talks about him and the club wanting to go in different directions. It's obvious what they are, but the comments below are quite astonishing. The number of people slating him for wanting the club to push on is baffling, really baffling.

Read it before Gav. He talks about him and the club wanting to go in different directions. It's obvious what they are, but the comments below are quite astonishing. The number of people slating him for wanting the club to push on is baffling, really baffling.

Some true and forthright feelings being shown there in the comments section think you need to have a look at yourself den.

I'm sure the Club wanted to go in a different direction to the one he was taking us as well i.e. up the table!

I'm amazed people continue to lap up everything Lambert says without question. "I never wanted to leave."

Yeah right, I suppose that's why he negotiated an escape clause into his contract. According to him it's a brilliant Club and he hasn't got a bad word to say about anyone in the place but he's walking out anyway. It's becoming increasingly obvious he viewed us as a short term gig. If it came off brilliant and if it didn't, no harm done, he'd manipulate the media side of things so that when he walked out he'd look like the good guy.

And there's still lots of people on Twitter making Lambert out to be the problem here. People complaining and accusing Lambert of being selfish or disrespectful and making the wrong comments in the media.

I'm pleased he's making these comments. He's showing the club and owners up for what they are. Unprofessional, shoddy and clueless. Everyone suspected it, now the manager is confirming it. Previous managers/board members have walked off into the sunset without a word to say on the club. Lambert has made it very clear to everyone who listens what a shambles this club is.

Lambert isn't the issue here. Lambert's behaviour isn't a cause of problems, its a symptom of the owners behaviour.

Anyone with half a brain running a professional football club would have a permanent managerial shortlist in their minds in the event that the current manager suddenly departs. As soon as Lambert had a break clause put into his contract and started making noises in the media then the people in power should have been discussing replacements. Then as soon as he confirmed he was going they should have been almost ready to make a move on their next manager.

Yet Cheston seems to be suggesting they are just starting the process and are in no rush whilst still collecting applications. That's ludicrous and will no doubt harm our plans for the summer and next season.

Why do people refuse to accept that nobody can work against the sort of background there is at Rovers. Idiots comparing his attitude to Klopp then saying Klopp chose to work with the club the fans the management. We don't have a board or management structure for the guy to work with. He may not have been as successful as we'd hoped but then who would be in the circumstances. And as for whoever said he should have negotiated get out clauses for his backroom staff, were they appointed with him, ie as a package? I thought they came into those positions under their own steam

I think his Villa comments are very revealing, no structure at Ewood and treading water is the height of ambition.

As for the comments, I don't bother, they'd send me right over the edge :wacko:

• Moderation Lead

I'm sure the Club wanted to go in a different direction to the one he was taking us as well i.e. up the table!

I'm amazed people continue to lap up everything Lambert says without question. "I never wanted to leave."

Yeah right, I suppose that's why he negotiated an escape clause into his contract. According to him it's a brilliant Club and he hasn't got a bad word to say about anyone in the place but he's walking out anyway. It's becoming increasingly obvious he viewed us as a short term gig. If it came off brilliant and if it didn't, no harm done, he'd manipulate the media side of things so that when he walked out he'd look like the good guy.

Is it heck! If the owners had spoken to him and worked with their employee we'd still have a manager and slightly less uncertainty. Blaming Lambert before the owners is absolutely incredible.

Archived