BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Boycott Roll Call

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of us have no affinity to Accrington as a town or Accrington Stanley whatsoever. No offence to anybody from Accrington, in the same sense that they would have no interest in Darwen.

Also the way things are going I see Stanley as a threat to our dwindling support base.

Glad someone's said it.

Hyndburn is one of our few catchment areas, there's already plenty of glory hunters, plus far too many Dingles for my liking in that area, but now Stanley too?

I've lost count of folk I know on Facebook who I thought were Rovers fans (probably lapsed) who are now talking about 'season tickets at Stanley for me and the lad next season'. No mention of boycotts or it making a change from Rovers, just more lost fans (and potential future ones).

Tell me where are youngsters in that area going to look for their football? Man Yoo, Liverpool, City, of course, why not Premier League Burnley down the road, how about their local club that is on the up and doing everything it can to get their support... or or that shell of a club to the west?

So count me out of the Accy Fest.

On the fence as usual Ste ;-)

Tomorrow: Boycott

Doing instead: Accy and sex (not sure in which order yet)

Return: The V's either sell up or walk away.

We're screwed and you're screwing. Take a good look at yourself

😅😅😅😅

One offs are ok but going to watch another club regularly instead ? Noooooo.

Yours and Matty's points hit the nail on the head.

Stanley ST'S are 199 and free child, I heard.

Unless you've some ties to Accrington or Stanley,;

Saving 150.00 and hunting some glory, whilst dressing it up as 'real football',

Is grim.

Is grim.

Chorley Fc is exhibit A in that regard for a few Rovers I know. Aside from one or two genuine Venky boycotters the others would be back at Ewood like a shot for cheap Prem football despite the owners.

Is grim.

I will be at Chorley next season......not exactly glory hunting. I used to watch them and Rovers many many years ago.

I even remember going on the Chorley buses to watch them away at Wigan before WAFC were in the league.

Chorley Fc is exhibit A in that regard for a few Rovers I know. Aside from one or two genuine Venky boycotters the others would be back at Ewood like a shot for cheap Prem football despite the owners.

It annoyed me at work today. A few rovers fans were bigging themselves up for going Stanley, including a few who NEVER WATCH LIVE FOOTBALL.

I had one say: "Excited for tomorrow, big crowd, 5000!"

I looked incredulous and wanderered off.

Dont get me wrong, I understand it from certain generations of fans, that used to watch Rovers and Stanley, in a bygone era,

With watered down rivalries, but it saddens me when I think of young Rovers ditching us.

It's akin to having 2 girlfriends on the go, for me.

Maybe the analogy loses a touch, when I realise you dump a crazy girlfriend.

It's also akin to leaving your mother to die, In favour of spending more time with the more sprightly and interesting mother in law.

*not cheapening death or mothers*

I'll be there at ewood tomorrow and hope there's passion and vitriol in the stands.

I will be at Chorley next season......not exactly glory hunting. I used to watch them and Rovers many many years ago.

I even remember going on the Chorley buses to watch them away at Wigan before WAFC were in the league.

As I said: YOU HAVE TIES TO CHORLEY, SO I ACCEPT THAT, BEGRUDGINGLY.

PS Why not Fleetwood, 2012 reference :):P

Boycotting tomorrow and every other home game from the nothing games at home to man untied types in cup.

Tomorrow accy in coppice end watching bit of footy at a club that may appreciate my £15.

Unlike some I suspect who will never come back I will 100% return to Ewood once the chicken farmers fook off. Still going away games maybe more. Even if this club gets wound up and it's Blackburn rovers 2016 in north west counties I'll go without the Indians.

Going, as it may be my last time until the cancer that has coursed through our club leave. I fancy joining in a few chants of Wa*nkers out.

Also my 85 yr old dad has just been admitted to East Lancs hospice with little time left. I want to be able to tell him Rovers won and Accy got promoted (he was born in Church, and looks for their result first).

When the Loons leave.

Glad someone's said it.

Hyndburn is one of our few catchment areas, there's already plenty of glory hunters, plus far too many Dingles for my liking in that area, but now Stanley too?

I've lost count of folk I know on Facebook who I thought were Rovers fans (probably lapsed) who are now talking about 'season tickets at Stanley for me and the lad next season'. No mention of boycotts or it making a change from Rovers, just more lost fans (and potential future ones).

Tell me where are youngsters in that area going to look for their football? Man Yoo, Liverpool, City, of course, why not Premier League Burnley down the road, how about their local club that is on the up and doing everything it can to get their support... or or that shell of a club to the west?

So count me out of the Accy Fest.

Can see your point Matty but think you need to look at it from the perspective of people who live in Hyndburn. Having lived closer all my life to Stanley's ground than Ewood, you grow up with them being a strong second team if you're proud of where you're from.

Stanley will never come close to Rovers for me or I'd imagine any other real Rovers fans from the area, but many of us still want to lend our congratulations and support to what is a truly outstanding achievement. Promotion to League 1 with average gates of under 2,000 is of Leicester proportions.

Whilst as a fan I hope they do continue to attract them, Rovers have no god given right to allegiance from fans in Hyndburn or anywhere else outside of Blackburn. They need to do positive things to attract fans as well as negatively hoping clubs around them fail. Our ticket prices are to be applauded but the atmosphere is terrible. They need to get the Darwen End closed and do everything in their power to reinvigorate the Blackburn End as a singing stand. Cheap beer in the concourse if needed!

• Backroom

Boycotting tomorrow.

Going to watch Stanley.

I went last week away at Wycombe and it was the best day out at a football match i've had for absolutely ages!

I wont lie, my love for Rovers is dwindling rapidly and I am seriously considering joining the other 10,000 that have jumped ship.

It annoyed me at work today. A few rovers fans were bigging themselves up for going Stanley, including a few who NEVER WATCH LIVE FOOTBALL.

I had one say: "Excited for tomorrow, big crowd, 5000!"

I looked incredulous and wanderered off.

Dont get me wrong, I understand it from certain generations of fans, that used to watch Rovers and Stanley, in a bygone era,

With watered down rivalries, but it saddens me when I think of young Rovers ditching us.

It's akin to having 2 girlfriends on the go, for me.

Maybe the analogy loses a touch, when I realise you dump a crazy girlfriend.

It's also akin to leaving your mother to die, In favour of spending more time with the more sprightly and interesting mother in law.

*not cheapening death or mothers*

I'll be there at ewood tomorrow and hope there's passion and vitriol in the stands.

As I said: YOU HAVE TIES TO CHORLEY, SO I ACCEPT THAT, BEGRUDGINGLY.

PS Why not Fleetwood, 2012 reference :):P

I have been to Fleetwood twice this season; neither clashed with a Rovers game. Great setup, ground, incredible Academy setup, and the fans are a good laugh.

I go to clitheroe occasionally as it's where I live. Again it's fun, no worries if they lose. I don't end up wanting to kick the cat , which is a good job as I don't have one, or throw things around all weekend as I do when rovers lose at home

Darwen End closing as you suggest would be the final straw for me. It's the one positive on a Matchday - the visual and vocal support has improved in there too towards the end of this season.

Why can't that be done in the Blackburn End though with thousands of at least modestly lively fans around to persuade to join in? As an ex-Darwen Ender I can attest to it being good fun and there being some truly brilliant and loud fans in there. But all you ever hear from other areas of the ground is we can't hear you, and they're right, you can't.

So if others stands can't hear the Darwen End and the players can't then it does little to change the overall experience that Ewood has a rubbish atmosphere, and that needs changing, its vital to the match day experience and therefore vital to future support. There's always a battle going on in the stands for general air of encouragement/criticism between the singers and the moaners and for a while now Ewood has been lost to the moaners.

Merge the Darwen End fanaticism and atmosphere leadership with the Blackburn End strength in numbers and we might get something resembling an atmosphere back. At the moment the Darwen End is just a vanity project of a few tens of diehards singing to away fans and empty seats. And the Blackburn End is a tragic ghost of its former self.

Whilst as a fan I hope they do continue to attract them, Rovers have no god given right to allegiance from fans in Hyndburn or anywhere else outside of Blackburn. They need to do positive things to attract fans as well as negatively hoping clubs around them fail. Our ticket prices are to be applauded but the atmosphere is terrible. They need to get the Darwen End closed and do everything in their power to reinvigorate the Blackburn End as a singing stand. Cheap beer in the concourse if needed!

Of course we don't, the owners are totally to blame for destroying the club and I don't blame anyone for spending their leisure time elsewhere, Blues who have a soft spot for Stanley fair enough, but I'm seeing plenty of lapsed Rovers fans who are getting STs.

Any future recovery for the club will be hard enough, with the demographics of Blackburn itself not looking good for providing future generations of Rovers support, having Stanley potentially in our league doesn't seem a positive development for me.

But hey ho, that's just the way it is, I suppose, just feels like our club is in irreversible decline.

Archived