BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Senior Management Restructure

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how many applicants they get who are fluent in all the languages requested? Surely common sense is the only language needed?

The Job description is describing Pasha, because he's the one getting it.

Venkys can't speak common sense.

Quote;

Objectives:

· To manage and facilitate the relationship between the owners and the club.

· To be the representative of the owners within club.

· To oversee that the club operates efficiently, profitably and to report back to the own

Must admit that even though salary is low, the objectives are certainly something we need especially the part of representing the owners!

Will this fix the vacuum? Is this a position setup for pasha? Or even potentially one of the two Ian's or another "fan"?

Many questions to be answered but IMO this might be a good thing in the long run. For instance, this is a club employee that has a direct path to the owners. The past has shown us that this has been exclusive to managers or useless directors like Shaw.

'profitably' ? That certainly glares out.

Just impossible at a club like Rovers outside of the Prem.

If Rovers ever did get put up for sale it would be under the Franchise section of the adverts.

Publicly advertise on a .gov website a job spec that very few fit the criteria for at a salary that is way below the responsibility grade. Hmmm...

50k looks like an ok salary for a non-job Imo. You are the owners eyes and ears and you relate back to them what is going on at the club. An overpaid middleman is how I've interpreted that job.

Seriously... 50k for a jobs spec that has more hurdles than a 110m race. They could get rid of you immediately with half of those expectations.

I'm surprised they didn't put 2 year probation clause in spec as well.

Thats a very good salary in India.

The job would have to be in the UK though.

Two options here

1) Theyve delibertely underspec'd salary against responsibility because they want zero applications, and will appoint Pacha who will then get £50k on top of his existing Venkys salary. Pacha then gets a formal work permit

2) Venkys are crackers and think they will find the right person for £50k in an open search

Overwhelmingly likely its 1) but with the nutjobs you never can quite tell.

Seriously... 50k for a jobs spec that has more hurdles than a 110m race. They could get rid of you immediately with half of those expectations.

I'm surprised they didn't put 2 year probation clause in spec as well.

Given the Conservatives changed the Unfair Dismissal legislation to 2 years service for a claim every job is effectively a 2 year probation period.

Given the Conservatives changed the Unfair Dismissal legislation to 2 years service for a claim every job is effectively a 2 year probation period.

Your absolutely right. Under the old rules I used to have a boss who would love to wind me up saying that he could get rid of me for nothing inside 12 months. He was a joy to work for!

I tried looking to see if rovers had a listing on glassdoor.co.uk but no one has rated it as an employee yet. It would be interesting to see that happen - especially the rating of the CEO or boss

The Raos speak English, so why the linguistic requirements? It's clearly a 'shoe in' for whoever they already have in mind and just part of the requirements to obtain a work permit for said person from within their inner sanctum.

What the hell is their involvement all about? (Rhetorical) so, so sad and depressing.

Your absolutely right. Under the old rules I used to have a boss who would love to wind me up saying that he could get rid of me for nothing inside 12 months. He was a joy to work for!

I tried looking to see if rovers had a listing on glassdoor.co.uk but no one has rated it as an employee yet. It would be interesting to see that happen - especially the rating of the CEO or boss

Glassdoor....at Rovers it is more like revolving door

Some points pulled from the job advert:

Coordinate the filing of all legal and regulatory documents and monitors compliance with relevant laws and regulations within the UK and India.

This is alarming and suggests that there is no proper documentation or compliance with much (if anything)

Helps the Board and the owner to determine shared values, mission, vision and short and long-term goals for the club.

There are no short or long term goals in place at present

Helps the Board and owner monitor and evaluate the club's relevancy to the community, its effectiveness, and its results.

Wow, clearly suggesting they have no idea what the club means to the town

Assures the owners that quality standards are being met, and if not, implementing specific strategies to address concerns.

"Yes Madam, all is well, I assure you"

This is a high-stress position based on the responsibility for maintaining, improving and developing the relationship between the owner and the club. Handles detailed, complex concepts and problems, balances multiple tasks simultaneously, and makes rapid decisions regarding administrative issues.

Basically, you are going to lose your mind in a short space of time trying to spin many plates made of wet cardboard

Conveys a professional and positive image and attitude regarding the owner within the club. Demonstrates commitment to continued professional growth and development.

Even though you are working for idiots you must pretend they are awesome

Archived