BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Senior Management Restructure

• Backroom

Rovers have announced they are looking to appoint someone to go between the clubs management and owners

http://mobile.rovers.co.uk/news/article/senior-management-restructure-update-3117165.aspx

Initial thoughts are this means they won't be selling but maybe a role for one of the Ian's as a way in?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Firstly, how do you restructure something which barely exists?

Secondly, why has it taken 6 years for these idiots to understand that they need to communicate with the club?

Thirdly... you know what, forget it. I could go on forever. I'm just going to go and bang my head against a wall.

This could be a more important signing for the club than any manager or player in a sense. The chances of the hiring the correct person will be low with the way things have gone, however a leader at Ewood who only answers to the Raos with the structure below including other directors and manager - as opposed to this manager to Pune system which has never worked.

I guess this puts a nail in the coffin of the Seneca bid, unless one of the two Ians ends up in the advertised role.

• Backroom

Reading again towards the end they are basically asking for fans to apply - this could be another disaster if they make a token fan appointment.

Shows they're doing something I suppose but smacks a bit of rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic whilst at the same time there are rather more pressing concerns.

Not so sure I like the part about "managing expectations" on both sides. Downwards presumably.

Rovers have announced they are looking to appoint someone to go between the clubs management and owners

http://mobile.rovers.co.uk/news/article/senior-management-restructure-update-3117165.aspx

Initial thoughts are this means they won't be selling but maybe a role for one of the Ian's as a way in?

Seems pretty desperate to be publicly advertising the position, but at least we now have some official insight into what is going on at the club at the top level, My first thought was that maybe one of these Ian blokes Or mr. Grabko would be willingly to apply for this role, but maybe they'd see it as beneath them to simply just be employees of the Venkys(and also they maybe earning more in their current jobs so have no interested in having a career de-motion)

Id be surprised to see a manager appointed whilst things are still up in the air at boardroom level and waiting until after july to apoint a new manager would make next season a total write off before a balls even been kicked.

Positive news on the face of it.(in a way, not for the Seneca bid though)

Ultimately, hollow words until someone's in place and doing a proper job, not just riding the Ewood Park gravy train.

it'll be another gravy train rider with no authority whatsoever...the club is a sham its completely screwed

the train is defo heading for league one

Latest Odds

2/1 A Scouser

2/1 Ewood Spark

3/1 Linked to Kentaro/ SEM

3/1 Ex Everton

4/1 David Brent

5/1 Whoever it is will not be in the job at the start of the 17/18 season

6/1 Alan Myers

7/1 Stevie bin al keano

100000/1 Abbey

At least things are happening but like most have said takeover is probably over. If this is the result of the two Ians and it leads the way to key person directing things from within Ewood, I'm all for that change. We need to act quickly though.

It does read like another director of communications. Maybe one reason Myres left was he didnt like his new proposed role.

"

The person appointed will have the responsibility of managing communications between the club and the Owners, as well as managing the expectations from both sides"
Perfect job for Abbey, she'd do a great job! :D

Why do they need someone to communicate between the club management and the owners? Why can't they just talk to each other directly?

Puddled.

Different time zones, cultural differences and language barriers probably make things very "confusing"

I mean it sort of sounds like something we need however this reads really odd:

The person appointed will have the responsibility of managing communications between the club and the Owners, as well as managing the expectations from both sides.

At least they are admitting that there is a massive communications problem however what was wrong with one of the existing people picking up the phone?

Anyway someone beat me to it but...step forward Abbey.

"

The person appointed will have the responsibility of managing communications between the club and the Owners, as well as managing the expectations from both sides"

Perfect job for Abbey, she'd do a great job! :D

*He'd

Pathetic statement. I have seen the same statement each year about building a team to go forward yeah yeah yeah. Talk is cheap and to date we have never seen it and we know we never will. All we hear are lies and all we see is pathetic owners who do not have a clue, neither do they care one bit about Blackburn Rovers, the players, the staff or supporters. Sorry Venkys but I for one am not listening to a word you say. This is just a smoke screen to try and con the fans again. We have had enough of you now.

Archived