BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Senior Management Restructure

Having a middle man will speed things up, will it?

Still puddled.

Hahahaha maybe they do not know what to speak about. Imagine the conversation

Rao: Hi PL, Hi ummmm hi uhhhh mmmmm hows it going?

Lambert: The club is in shambles no structure no director no money no players, what the heck am i supposed to do?

Rao: oh mmmm aah mmmmm eh.... i see.. mmm

CLICK :D

Rao - Lets appoint a communications director pronto.... :)

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a load of tosh. You would think from the headline that they were appointing someone for 1 of the key roles which are empty (not vacant as that would imply they were going to be filled) but no... they are appointing a go-between. What's wrong with a phone? Or a video confeence facility? These people are really beyond a joke. What possible value would this appointment add to the financial state of the club or the perilious position of the football side of the club. Surely therse would be top priotiy for anyone with half a brain.

Vs Out!

Having a middle man will speed things up, will it?

Still puddled.

Yup. Owners need to communicate directly with the manager. If they're unsure about anything they need to take advice from a competent Chairman/Chief Executive. Hard to see how appointing another communications chap or chapess will do anything other than add another layer of bureaucracy.

I think Cheston realises season tickets are going to slump again here, has told Pune and this the the reaction. Get a stooge in quickly and it may nip problem in the bud before it arises they think.

Not so.

The only way they will truly get decent numbers back on Ewood is either:-

1) F#*? Off

2) Get in the top 6 by next spring

If they were really serious on the statement they should have appointed both the stooge and also a top class new manager. Then announced some funds were available.

This to me is a blank statement of appeasement.

its a farce this... so you putting this up as vacancy, because you have nobody in mind, or have no contacts who know people who know people, who might have somebody who is qualified to do the job.

instead you are advertising this position, as if we are a bloody supermarket. fecking unprofessional this, and bloody embarrassing

Do they have telephones in India ? Very useful things telephones, you dial a number and call someone, even in a different country.

Job done. That'll be £100k a year please.

I think Abbey should apply.

i say mrs d how the heck is one?

"

The person appointed will have the responsibility of managing communications between the club and the Owners, as well as managing the expectations from both sides"

Perfect job for Abbey, she'd do a great job! :D

she?

What on earth is this all about

'The Owners have provided financial support to the club for the last five years and have plans to invest further.

In order to ensure that this investment brings about the best possible chance of success for the club, a need for a new role within the management structure has been identified.'

They are admitting they have been spending money but not effectively, so this new role will address that? What a load of nonsense. They really have not learnt a thing in five years, not one thing. Here's to the next five years you arrogant imbeciles.

why even mention that you gave financial support for the last 5 years. This should not be mentioned on the website, because its as if they trying to prove a point

We were told they were looking to appoint a Chairman/CEO near 2 months ago. But what actually happened is Pasha couldn't get a work visa and that was that over.

So this will be more p!ss and wind.

There's only one announcement we need...

The cynic in me thinks that this sudden statement of future 'investment' from the owners and looking to improve communications is timed conveniently in advance of the season ticket prices being announced at the end of the week. Make some grand generic promises and it might make people feel better just as prices are announced.

I want to see action, not talk or statements. I want to see people appointed to key positions now, not in a month or two. I expect the investment they refer to will be the owners continuing to pay the bills rather than providing the new manager with transfer funds.

Interesting to see Mike Cheston is now officially 'Director of Blackburn Rovers' rather than Finance Director. Perhaps the club could begin by explaining his role, how it will work going forward and why we have a one man board.

• Backroom

why even mention that you gave financial support for the last 5 years. This should not be mentioned on the website, because its as if they trying to prove a point

It's always mentioned. Anything 'official' out of the club always has to praise the owners and their investment. Even Lambert was put up to it.

No mention of the insane debt built up under their watch, just "investment". Unfortunately very little of that investment has been to the betterment of the football club. Steve Kean, Jerome Anderson, Dixon Etuhu, Mauro Formica, Danny Murphy, Bradley Orr, Paulo Jorge, Bruno Ribiero, Myles Anderson and many others have certainly benefited though.

End of July before there is someone in place to enable the club to talk to the owners (which presumably means Venkys)?

Will a manager be in place before or after this person? Who will speak to the owners to get approval to hire the person who speaks to the owners? Will the person employed to speak to the owners speak to the owners about hiring the new manager or will the new manager speak to the the owners before the person who speaks to the owners is in post?

Also suggests that there are no plans to speak to Seneca and Operation Confuse and Destroy continues at (snail's) pace.

Some much time so little to do.

I think their idea of 'investment' is to periodically find the 'x' million pounds needed to keep the club functioning, which is their responsibility as club owners (and their fault after the way they have run it over the last 5 years) otherwise the place would be shut down very quickly.

My idea of owners investing in a club is to spend cold hard cash to improve the club - new quality players, improved facilities, making the club better in various ways - we havent seen much of that.

Its like me buying a house and getting myself into huge debts to pay the mortgage and council tax, which is 'investment' because its costing me money, but at the same time I allow the house to fall to pieces by paying cowboy builders to make a mess and then me later try to gain credit for spending money on a house that is ruined.

You get the impression this is just another lurch down the long and winding road to oblivion for BRFC.

India is seen as a great emerging power and is destined within the next 20 years to become the world's largest democracy with an economy larger than China's. A great money-making opportunity. But if the country and its institutions are run like this lot who seriously would consider investing in it?

Bit gutted as for what it means/implies for the takeover bid.

In some ways under Venkys ownership it's not a terrible move other than the huge fact it means like we're utterly stuck with them. Also even with decent moves - like appointing Lambert - Venkys can still screw it up.

And call me cynical I've a feeling that the role is going to just end up a glorified messenger boy...

I have had a couple of texts tonight suggesting I should apply.

Being English I am rarely direct but I did tell tell them to FO.............unless of course Rovers offered me the manager job as well.

What a weird proposal given the rest of the s**t taking place; it sounds like a knee-jerk reaction by the V's.

Archived