BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] No To Coyle

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing that gets me about Coyle asking for money is that it has to be a front or a lie. The only other alternative is he is genuinely and utterly deluded.

Think about his appointment:

- If we assume a charitable scenario, whereby Coyle said he could do it for much cheaper than the original candidates (the only reason imo he could have got the job above board) he is the one now going back on what he promised.

- If, as I suspect, he is in on the act and complicit, it is rather dodge to then say give me money, given he knew and was brought in to help asset strip the situation.

Neither scenario seems too likely for me, so imo it's a front to try deflecting attention from himself, get his excuses in and stop any heat from the fans coming his way.

I just see him get up, walk to the touchline, make a noise then turn around and walk back. He's like some kind of spoof stop-motion animated football coach from Trumpton FC.

"Here is the cock

The Rovers cock

Losing the game, incredibly, indefensibly

Never too organised, never without donuts

Losing the game for Rovers."

"Lowe, Lowe, you're bloody yellow, you're not even fit to be sub."

Just watched this - reminded me just how bad Keannochio was. Coyle is from the same bullsh1t school

Sorry, just seeing that scrote's ugly face made me want to smash my computer... Utterly contemptible, completely shameless. knaWer (anag)...

Oh, and the only reason we have the chimp head for a manager is because the Indian end of things want to hold our heads underwater for being ungrateful to them for owning our club.. (as stated here)

Venkys OUT!

Very interesting that Coyle selected a player on Saturday who has been told he can leave, (Guthrie).

Looks very much as though the selection was made in the interests of drumming up interest in the player, rather than getting a result.

It stinks.

The bigger question is who told him to pick him ?

Agents ?

Owners?

Cheston ?

Kean ?

Himself ( if so why would he benefit )? 🙀

The bigger question is who told him to pick him ?

Agents ?

Owners?

Cheston ?

Kean ?

Himself ( if so why would he benefit )?

If you have been following Glen's blog, he has mentioned that he will be posting a piece on there about team selection. The fact that he is posting something, already points to the fact that something fishy has gone on in the past. Glen has also suggested that the same people are still present at the club, so I would not be too surprised if the team has been selected for reasons other than, it was the best available to win the match.

If you have been following Glen's blog, he has mentioned that he will be posting a piece on there about team selection. The fact that he is posting something, already points to the fact that something fishy has gone on in the past. Glen has also suggested that the same people are still present at the club, so I would not be too surprised if the team has been selected for reasons other than, it was the best available to win the match.

I know it was a sarcastic post not a genuine question

Coyle's appointment is becoming even more of a mystery to me as time goes. I defended him at first, believing his record not to be as bad as people make out. I still do believe that: his record at Bolton wasn't entirely indefensible and Wigan was a no-no job for most. Houston Dynamos I thought could be excused as it being a different league, a "rookie" director appointing him and just a general bad time. How quickly I am being proved wrong. His defensive shape is terrible and doesn't really seem to have an idea of his strongest 11. He's used all 3 substitutions before the 70th minute mark regularly this season and that's worrying to me. It shows he isn't getting it right at the beginning, highlighted by our terrible first half performances.

However, what's even more worrying is the reasons for his appointment are becoming less and less clear. He clearly didn't fit the job remit and certainly wasn't even considered by 99.99% of the supporters. What's more is that it became apparent he wasn't Cheston's choice, our only active UK based director, and the man in charge of the recruitment. So who exactly made the 11th hour decision to appoint him? It could be argued that he came due to his contacts in the transfer market. That much is true, he has made a lot of signings, albeit loans and with the exemption of Hendrie they haven't been terrible. His contacts in the transfer market have also probably enabled him to shift remaining assets and no one can deny 4m (if it's true) for Duffy was a shrewd bit of business taking into consideration his contract. This, coupled with his willingness to work on a shoestring budget, could explain the appointment. Yet he is now making noises about the need to invest so this idea that his appointment was based around the above is redundant. Had he been promised the funds to reinvest? He's also made noises in the past about bringing players to the table and the directors, or owners, haven't sanctioned them. So what exactly was he chosen for?

Most probably his spiel. He's an apt bullshitter. He comes across very well in an interview and has all the right buzz words. Is he there to placate the fans whilst the background business goes on? My theory that he was here to rebuild a team so they can once again hold a firesale in 3/4 years obviously isn't true because we aren't signing anyone permanently.

I am as confused as I have ever been to the role of Owen Coyle. He isn't here to keep us up; he isn't here to rebuild a squad; he isn't here to use his contacts in the transfer market with the knowledge of no budget (unless him grumbling for funds is to throw us). What is he here for? The most controversial appointment since King Rat and we don't yet have a reason to as why is he here. Which, as memory serves us, was exactly the same scenario as when that drunk scumbag wormed his way in.

Weird. Why did they ask him if he had a dog in the first place?

I think it was some sort of throwaway comment, like "with the game going like that, I bet you could have come home and kicked the dog". He replied, I don't have a dog. I think his constant trips into fantasy land, had got to him by then and he didn't know when he was supposed to lie and when he was supposed to tell the truth. If it hadn't come out before Kean, became our manager, I would have sworn the Jim Carey Classic movie had been based on him.

Coyle's appointment is becoming even more of a mystery to me as time goes. I defended him at first, believing his record not to be as bad as people make out. I still do believe that: his record at Bolton wasn't entirely indefensible and Wigan was a no-no job for most. Houston Dynamos I thought could be excused as it being a different league, a "rookie" director appointing him and just a general bad time. How quickly I am being proved wrong. His defensive shape is terrible and doesn't really seem to have an idea of his strongest 11. He's used all 3 substitutions before the 70th minute mark regularly this season and that's worrying to me. It shows he isn't getting it right at the beginning, highlighted by our terrible first half performances.

However, what's even more worrying is the reasons for his appointment are becoming less and less clear. He clearly didn't fit the job remit and certainly wasn't even considered by 99.99% of the supporters. What's more is that it became apparent he wasn't Cheston's choice, our only active UK based director, and the man in charge of the recruitment. So who exactly made the 11th hour decision to appoint him? It could be argued that he came due to his contacts in the transfer market. That much is true, he has made a lot of signings, albeit loans and with the exemption of Hendrie they haven't been terrible. His contacts in the transfer market have also probably enabled him to shift remaining assets and no one can deny 4m (if it's true) for Duffy was a shrewd bit of business taking into consideration his contract. This, coupled with his willingness to work on a shoestring budget, could explain the appointment. Yet he is now making noises about the need to invest so this idea that his appointment was based around the above is redundant. Had he been promised the funds to reinvest? He's also made noises in the past about bringing players to the table and the directors, or owners, haven't sanctioned them. So what exactly was he chosen for?

Most probably his spiel. He's an apt bullshitter. He comes across very well in an interview and has all the right buzz words. Is he there to placate the fans whilst the background business goes on? My theory that he was here to rebuild a team so they can once again hold a firesale in 3/4 years obviously isn't true because we aren't signing anyone permanently.

I am as confused as I have ever been to the role of Owen Coyle. He isn't here to keep us up; he isn't here to rebuild a squad; he isn't here to use his contacts in the transfer market with the knowledge of no budget (unless him grumbling for funds is to throw us). What is he here for? The most controversial appointment since King Rat and we don't yet have a reason to as why is he here. Which, as memory serves us, was exactly the same scenario as when that drunk scumbag wormed his way in.

I guess you have to assume that we are still owned, in part by an agency. Although he has denied know who SEM are, it does appear that he is attached to Crescendo. From what I hear from people in the know, we are still under the control of the people involved from the very start.

Archived