BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] No To Coyle

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of us knew what his appointment would ultimately mean.

I have to say, 1pt from 5 games (a home point against a newly promoted side) is even worse than I expected.

He's messing things up at almost every turn.

The players brought in are disgarded by other teams. We may as well change our name.

Blackburn Rejects and our reject Manager.

I am going to be slightly controversial now- but in reality when our Owners have raised over £30million in transfer fees in the last year and allowed Coyle to spend £750k in transfer fees what exactly do people expect.??

Its a force fed diet of loans and freebies with sod all on offer wages wise when compared to others in our league. This is a downsizing of massive proportions by venkys to the point where there are no assets left to sell . Now I am not defending Coyle but I don't know how any manager is expected to function properly under those rules.

The real focus should be totally aimed at trying to get Venkys to go .

To be fair I thought we were decent today , certainly when compared to other games this season and it was harsh on us at the end .And Fulham were decent.The left back and centre half were major improvements .Half our problems are the sh1t that Coyle has inherited being brutally honest.

Venkys OUT!!

• Backroom

Warnock and Lambert would have more than one point, guaranteed.

Coyle is an absolute chancer who doesn't deserve to be manager of Blackburn Rovers, that's all there is to it. I do agree he shouldn't be the target of protests, but at the same time lack of money is no excuse. There are plenty of clubs on the same or less of a budget (Ipswich, for example) who aren't in anywhere near as pitiful shape as our squad on the pitch or off it. The bloke saw fit to give Jason Lowe the captaincy for god's sake. He has no idea what he's doing.

The focus is on Venky's, sure, but I won't hear excuses being made for Coyle either. He knew exactly what he was getting into and in his first press conference lied to the entire fanbase. He deserves nothing but scorn.

TBTF - In my opinion wage budget matters more than transfer budget. You can get plenty of big money flops and plenty of free transfer legends. But I get the feeling the wages reflect what a squad is really worth.

Under John Williams stewardship, we were pretty much the only PL team long-term to have a negative net transfer spend, and yet achieved great success. I always wondered how the heck it was possible until I found out that whilst our net transfer spend was always bottom 3, our wage budget was always mid table.

So what is Coyle's wage budget? I accept Venkys have taken an axe to it every season since we got relegated. But with the likes Marshall, Conway and Graham still on the books, it can't be below the likes of Burton, Barnsley, Preston, Rotherham etc surely!

Is anyone really that surprised? Like others have said I thought we may have stumbled our way to a few more points-but then again loosing 5 from our first 5 wouldnt have been unexpected either? The fundamental thing is that Coyle is utterly incompetent and that was most supporters reaction when appointed. Yes a few kids were bothered about him being an ex-dingle but thats not the issue and not what people are bothered about. Its the fact the man is tactically, motivationally out of his league. A chancer living off a promotion 7 years ago.

Here is the crux of the issue. We need Venkys gone. Now is it better to suck it up and allow the pressure and media interest to be maintained by defeats under Coyle? Or is it better to get rid appoint a proper manager and try and at least salvage our divisional status-however thereby potentially risking the momentum of the Venky out movement?!

• Backroom

Here is the crux of the issue. We need Venkys gone. Now is it better to suck it up and allow the pressure and media interest to be maintained by defeats under Coyle? Or is it better to get rid appoint a proper manager and try and at least salvage our divisional status-however thereby potentially risking the momentum of the Venky out movement?!

That is indeed the crux, and ultimately it depends exactly what Coyle is here for. I think we can safely rule out him being employed to bring success to the club - so what is his remit? Either it's the same as Bowyer - to bring in players to sell on for profit whilst keeping us in the division - or Kean. No explanation needed for that snake.

If the remit is like GB, it's possible he may be sacked with things already going pear-shaped. If it's like Kean, he's going nowhere until everyone of value is off the books. Then, who knows?

But Nicko thinks we should be graceful Coyle has signed 3 internationals and 2 u21s.

Personally. I've been anti Coyle since day 1 and it doesn't surprise me we're rock not to of the league. He picked Feeney above Conway until this week for gods sake.

But Nicko thinks we should be graceful Coyle has signed 3 internationals and 2 u21s.

Personally. I've been anti Coyle since day 1 and it doesn't surprise me we're rock not to of the league. He picked Feeney above Conway until this week for gods sake.

Coyle doesnt matter one jot to me. I was talking to my dad tonight who (until this season) has been going as long as I can remember and he said he's never even listened to him speak.

He's a clown and out of his depth but he's just a sideshow.

TBTF - In my opinion wage budget matters more than transfer budget. You can get plenty of big money flops and plenty of free transfer legends. But I get the feeling the wages reflect what a squad is really worth.

Under John Williams stewardship, we were pretty much the only PL team long-term to have a negative net transfer spend, and yet achieved great success. I always wondered how the heck it was possible until I found out that whilst our net transfer spend was always bottom 3, our wage budget was always mid table.

So what is Coyle's wage budget? I accept Venkys have taken an axe to it every season since we got relegated. But with the likes Marshall, Conway and Graham still on the books, it can't be below the likes of Burton, Barnsley, Preston, Rotherham etc surely!

Don't disagree SKH. We appear to no longer have money for fees or headroom for wages. I take your point about our wages budget being more than PNE for example but when you have 13 players on £15k a week plus NI plus appearance crap etc you won't have much change out of £1milion per player.That has left Coyle with next to no room for negotiating with new players because we are already stuck at the top end of our budget.

So we sell our assets, Venkys pocket the transfer fee and let Coyle dabble a little bit with the wages that have been freed up by that transfer.

That's why it is happening in fits and starts. Incoming activity is only happening once a sale takes place

It's an impossible situation and no wonder we are in a mess

Anyone with two eyes and any understanding of the game can see what happened when Kean succeeded in getting Rovers relegated from the Premier League is repeating itself now as we exit the Championship.

There is no way Coyle will get fired this season.

And all I asked was whether Chaddy was in fact an agent of the ownership interest, and my post somehow got deleted...?? Confirms it for me ;) Abbey, you know the post I'm referring to, as you 'liked' it. The plot thickens - the destroyers of this famous club will be identified and shamed when the time comes.

CENSORSHIP OUT!

• Moderation Lead

And all I asked was whether Chaddy was in fact an agent of the ownership interest, and my post somehow got deleted...?? Confirms it for me ;) Abbey, you know the post I'm referring to, as you 'liked' it. The plot thickens - the destroyers of this famous club will be identified and shamed when the time comes.

CENSORSHIP OUT!

It was removed as it was an unnecessary personal attack. It isn't complicated.

I am a Rovers fan who has been a season ticket holder for many years.

how many more time do I have to say it!

Just ignore it chaddy, you support the club as you see fit :tu:

It has no bearing on anything what posters on here think, say or do.

#venkysout

Anyone with two eyes and any understanding of the game can see what happened when Kean succeeded in getting Rovers relegated from the Premier League is repeating itself now as we exit the Championship.

There is no way Coyle will get fired this season.

I think that depends on how moody the fans get Philipl, nothing like a managerial change to dampen down the flames, its happened so many times at Ewood over the past 6yrs I've lost count.

Has anyone actually asked Wee Coyley what his objective and strategy for this season is?

It would be interesting to hear what the response was, given the clear evisceration of the squad and the total absence of success where it matters.

A simple question. What is your objective for this season?

A slightly more complicated one: Who set your objective(s) for this season?

Back to a simple question: What is your strategy for achieving your objective this season?

Another slightly more complicated one: Who signs off your strategies and what process do you go through to develop the strategy for approval?

Now, sit back and listen... presumably tumbleweed rolls across the space between Coyle's large ears....

Next, re-state the questions, until some consistent and satisfactory response is received.

Far to much energy being put into Coyle hating for my liking, its so short sighted and plays right into the club and media hands.

He would be nowhere near this club if it wasn't for Venkys

The team wouldn't be full of loan, academy and free transfers if it wasn't for Venkys.

Mike Cheston, Shaw, Singh would be nowhere near this football club if it wasn't for Venkys

We wouldn't be rock bottom of the championship if it wasn't for Venkys

I and thousands like me would be at Ewood week in week out if it wasn't for Venkys.

All my nieces and nephews would have the new kits if it wasn't for Venkys

I long for the day these 3 stooges crawl back under the rock.

#venkysout - Its all that matters.

Far to much energy being put into Coyle hating for my liking, its so short sighted and plays right into the club and media hands.

He would be nowhere near this club if it wasn't for Venkys

The team wouldn't be full of loan, academy and free transfers if it wasn't for Venkys.

Mike Cheston, Shaw, Singh would be nowhere near this football club if it wasn't for Venkys

We wouldn't be rock bottom of the championship if it wasn't for Venkys

I and thousands like me would be at Ewood week in week out if it wasn't for Venkys.

All my nieces and nephews would have the new kits if it wasn't for Venkys

I long for the day these 3 stooges crawl back under the rock.

#venkysout - Its all that matters.

Not one chant against Coyle. Hardly mentioned in any of the radio interviews. Personally I think the tactic of keeping the focus on Venkys is working well. A few posts on here stating how awful a manager Coyle is really isn't a lot of energy Gav.

Archived