BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] No To Coyle

To be honest I have no idea if Coyle is good or bad. I do not know enough about him.

I am aware of his comments in the past - possible made in ignorance. He will now learn first hand what venkys are like. NO manager coming into Rovers under venkys are going to enhance their career.

Venkys have ruined the club to the extent that the worlds best manager - whoever that is - could come to Rovers and fail

Although his record at Rovers is not good at the moment.

He has now got his own squad in.

We have all thought the players wearing the shirt are not playing with heart - well Coyle has replaced them.

Lets see if they play with heart. First of all give them a chance - I hope we will all surprised.

Personally, I will give him a chance, now that he has his own squad in.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how Coyle is going to spin the latest developments in his next interview.

He clearly felt there was an urgent need to reinvest some of the multi-millions that the club has received in the last few windows to sign some quality players.

Those pleas have fallen on very deaf ears, with only free agent Mulgrew arriving from Scotland (low wages) and a 6 month loan deal for an out of favour Swansea player who has barely played for the last couple of seasons.

In recruiting Emnes on loan Coyle has now got 6 loanees on the books, and League rules stipulate that a maximum of 5 may be included in the matchday squad. So one unfortunate soul is going to be out of the squad, permanently. Presumably they came to Rovers on the promise of game time and their parent club agreed to it with a view to their player gaining experience and match fitness. Looks like that isn't going to be happening. It seems like the fall guy for this shockingly bad transfer 'policy' (and i use that term loosely for the fiasco we've witnessed this summer) is going to be Stephen Hendrie. Now I'm no fan of his, I think he's been awful in the games he's played for us, but I've got to sympathise with him when he's agreed to come here only for him to be out of the squad because Rovers/Venkys think the way forward in life is to build a squad around loans rather than permanent signings. I expect Hendrie will be back at West Ham very soon.

As for Coyle, we'll now see what he's made of. Will he stand up for himself and 'do a Lambert' in quitting after not being backed by the owners?

Or will he try to make the best of the situation and put a smile on his face and talk about positives?

Good grief.

If Venkys read stuff like that, they must know that all they have to do to reset the clock and split the fans is to regularly change the manager. It buys them another 6 months grace every time.

Give em a chance FFS

I REALLY REALLY DO DESPAIR AND POSTS LIKE THIS MAKE ME REALISE THAT IT MAY BE A WHILLE UNTIL I SEE A FOOTY MATCH AGAIN.....

RIGHT TAKE A DEEP BREATH ABBEY LAD

To be honest I have no idea if Coyle is good or bad. I do not know enough about him......REALLY? THOUGHT YOU WAS A FOOTY FAN

I am aware of his comments in the past - possible made in ignorance. He will now learn first hand what venkys are like. NO manager coming into Rovers under venkys are going to enhance their career.....IF HE DIDNT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE LIKE THEN HES THICK

Venkys have ruined the club to the extent that the worlds best manager - whoever that is - could come to Rovers and fail

Although his record at Rovers is not good at the moment...,.../HIS RECORD FOR HIS LAST 3 CLUBS AINT GOOD

He has now got his own squad in....AND WHAT WHAT A SQUAD

We have all thought the players wearing the shirt are not playing with heart - well Coyle has replaced them....WITH LOANEES THAT NOONE ELSE WANTS

Lets see if they play with heart. First of all give them a chance - I hope we will all surprised.

Personally, I will give him a chance, now that he has his own squad in........FULL PAID UP MEMBER OF THE VENKYSCUM APPRECIATION SOCIETY

Why wouldn't the manager be given a chance? We want to watch some sort of decent football. It's not going to be a very high standard but I'm hoping what Coyle has available can be mounded in to a side which provides something decent for a Saturday afternoon.

If fans don't want a side with some chance of winning, or are not prepared to give Coyle some latitude to create his side, the only conclusion I can reach is those fans don't mind if we lose.

I understood the fans' protest should be directed at the owners and club management while supporting the team. Last Saturday seemed quite a decent balance between the two. Calling out Coyle, the Burnley scum chant was especially unwelcome, isn't going to help achieve our objectives.

I'm not going to sing the manager's name or praises but I'm happy to wait and see if he can give us something worth watching on a Saturday - otherwise there is no point in going.

If you like to give me a link to what Coyle said and the circumstances I'll comment on that. I recall people being up in arms about some incident but never knew what. He was at Bolton then perhaps? Plenty of football people talk nonsense everyday.

His past record? Very poor at Bolton but I don't know where else he's been.

SEM? That's about the ownership not the manager. So far I've seen nothing to suggest he's a Steve Kean. What does need answering is why Cheston knew nothing of his appointment and who influenced the decision.

There are much bigger fish to fry than Owen Coyle.

Couldn't care less about Coyle. The day i start taking Owen Coyle seriously hell will freeze over. Looks like a dick, talks like a dick, knows @#/? all... He's a jester for the Venky circus, clown shoes Coyle.

If you like to give me a link to what Coyle said and the circumstances I'll comment on that. I recall people being up in arms about some incident but never knew what. He was at Bolton then perhaps? Plenty of football people talk nonsense everyday.

SEM? That's about the ownership not the manager. So far I've seen nothing to suggest he's a Steve Kean. What does need answering is why Cheston knew nothing of his appointment and who influenced the decision.

Maybe, just maybe, before posting you could actually look into Coyle's club record and past defence of Kean and castigation of Rovers fans. A bit of research goes a long way.

Are you just ignoring everything on purpose or just on a wind up ?

Couldn't care less about Coyle. The day i start taking Owen Coyle seriously hell will freeze over. Looks like a dick, talks like a dick, knows @#/? all... He's a jester for the Venky circus, clown shoes Coyle.

You may not Neal, but there are still the best part of 9-10 thousand Rovers supporters who are still turning up to Ewood to support the team. Championship survival is vital and that rests with Coyle. His past record, particularly at Bolton and Wigan, suggest that he is not the man for the job but we have to hope that he can get lucky and keep the ship afloat. After being given £250,000 to spend this window I suspect he now realises that the odds are stacked against him surviving until Christmas. Personally, I hope he can fluke it because if he succeeds then it means the Rovers avoid relegation and that is the key battle.

If Rovers avoid relelgation, it will be a miracle. It will only have been worth it if Venky's then sell up.

But it really is almost as if someone had a whacking great bet on Rovers to be relegated, and the manager is in on it.

A crazy conspiracy theory I know, and I wouldn't even dare suggest it was true. But you could be forgiven for briefly entertaining such a patently untrue bit of flimsy.

To be honest I have no idea if Coyle is good or bad. I do not know enough about him.

I am aware of his comments in the past - possible made in ignorance. He will now learn first hand what venkys are like. NO manager coming into Rovers under venkys are going to enhance their career.

...Lets see if they play with heart. First of all give them a chance - I hope we will all surprised.

Personally, I will give him a chance, now that he has his own squad in.

You are far too forgiving.

• Moderation Lead

You may not Neal, but there are still the best part of 9-10 thousand Rovers supporters who are still turning up to Ewood to support the team. Championship survival is vital and that rests with Coyle. His past record, particularly at Bolton and Wigan, suggest that he is not the man for the job but we have to hope that he can get lucky and keep the ship afloat. After being given £250,000 to spend this window I suspect he now realises that the odds are stacked against him surviving until Christmas. Personally, I hope he can fluke it because if he succeeds then it means the Rovers avoid relegation and that is the key battle.

There are also many thousands more than that who have walked away in despair at the continued pillaging and downgrading of the club under Venky's watch. It has been a gut-wrenching decision for those people (myself included) and it breaks my heart in any case.

At some point, we need to make a stand and say enough is enough. Continual downgrading of the squad, dereliction of duty and shocking treatment of staff from top to bottom as well as obviously the supporters was my tipping point.

The key battle central to the future health of the club is the removal of Venky's. I find it surprising anyone would disagree with that to be honest.

Maybe, just maybe, before posting you could actually look into Coyle's club record and past defence of Kean and castigation of Rovers fans. A bit of research goes a long way.

Why? I'm not the one raising it as an issue.

My interest, in footballing terms, is what happens on Saturday and what can be done to prevent the very likely relegation.

At some point, we need to make a stand and say enough is enough. Continual downgrading of the squad, dereliction of duty and shocking treatment of staff from top to bottom as well as obviously the supporters was my tipping point.

The key battle central to the future health of the club is the removal of Venky's. I find it surprising anyone would disagree with that to be honest.

At some point we need to make a stand? That's been happening for 5 years, it's made absolutely no difference to the communication from the club. Fortunately I know you didn't mean to be so patronising ;)

The "key battle" part is correct but it's not something we can really force them to do is it?

How do the fans force them out? My answer to that is we can't, they are the billionaires who will decide - as I've said previously, I think we are that far down their portfolio these days, they aren't even that aware of results, league etc.

That's their prerogative Parson but I recon 9-10 thousand is a little ambitious, those official attendance figures are total @#/?. I'm not putting myself through the turmoil of placing my faith in Coyle to keep us afloat, it's a pointless exercise. Wharton aside it's a bunch of journeymen who frankly don't know what that shirt means or represents so personally the "supporting the team" argument falls on deaf ears when thrown at me... There are no Souness, Flitcroft, Jansen, Williams types there, just a bunch of leaching cretins (Cheston) or sub par journeymen. Coyle would have been better playing the likes of Doyle, Tomlinson, Wharton and whoever else from the academy, those lads deserve our support and I would have respected Coyle for that but now he's saturated us with loads of loans who will be more focused on their own careers and welfare than Rovers welfare, they won't care one jot if we go down.

I hope Coyle pulls off some sort of miracle but I sure as hell won't be worshiping him for keeping us in the Championship like I know some will (if he does). I'm glad there are still fans out there that can still turn up for the football but it's totally eclipsed by Venkys for me now, I refuse to be part of the circus. It's still my club, but it's been infiltrated by total impostors that will not ever get my support, they don't deserve it... So when they @#/? off and the club is in the right hands, I'll return.

There are also many thousands more than that who have walked away in despair at the continued pillaging and downgrading of the club under Venky's watch. It has been a gut-wrenching decision for those people (myself included) and it breaks my heart in any case.

That is a long term aspiration which is in the hands of the owners. The Rao family will go when they believe that financially it is in their interests to go and not before. The key battle in the short term is to retain Championship football at Ewood Park. Thousands have walked away - just as they did for other reasons in the sixties. However, there is still a hardcore of 9/10 thousand supporters for whom what happens on the pitch is vitally important.

That is a long term aspiration which is in the hands of the owners. The Rao family will go when they believe that financially it is in their interests to go and not before. The key battle in the short term is to retain Championship football at Ewood Park. Thousands have walked away - just as they did for other reasons in the sixties. However, there is still a hardcore of 9/10 thousand supporters for whom what happens on the pitch is vitally important.

Couldn't care less about what league we play in, I'd take playing in league 2 with fans on board and paying double for my season ticket right now... Yes I know we might not get back to the championship (although I think we would), yes I know the academy would suffer but at least we could just get back to talking about the football and have a proper board in place to secure the future of our club... Something they frankly couldn't care less about.

Couldn't care less about what league we play in, I'd take playing in league 2 with fans on board and paying double for my season ticket right now... Yes I know we might not get back to the championship (although I think we would), yes I know the academy would suffer but at least we could just get back to talking about the football and have a proper board in place to secure the future of our club... Something they frankly couldn't care less about.

We all have different views Neal which is what the forum reflects. The reason I believe Championship survival is important is because it will be easier to rebuild from that point once Venky's have left.

Archived