BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] No To Coyle

We all have different views Neal which is what the forum reflects. The reason I believe Championship survival is important is because it will be easier to rebuild from that point once Venky's have left.

Of course and I agree that rebuilding from the Championship would be easier, of course it would... I was speaking hypothetically and the reason for that was just to project my levels of interest at the current regime. At the end of the day, the heart wants what the heart wants... I want them gone under any circumstances, despite relegation or administration, that's all that matters to me anymore with Rovers and with all that in mind and everything that going on, I just can't take some clown like Owen Coyle seriously... I hope he can somehow change my mind although I recon it's highly unlikely.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why? I'm not the one raising it as an issue.

My interest, in footballing terms, is what happens on Saturday and what can be done to prevent the very likely relegation.

Are you still s prominent member of the trust ? (Genuinely no idea)

If you are it's a sad state of affairs if you don't know the managers history just like a few seasons back you didn't Yeovil were in our division .

That is a long term aspiration which is in the hands of the owners. The Rao family will go when they believe that financially it is in their interests to go and not before. The key battle in the short term is to retain Championship football at Ewood Park. Thousands have walked away - just as they did for other reasons in the sixties. However, there is still a hardcore of 9/10 thousand supporters for whom what happens on the pitch is vitally important.

So are us boycotters not hard core fans anymore?

I don't think it will be a financial decion on there departure , I think it will be when jail avoidance is negotiated for the scummy ones who have done wrong ( allegedly)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owen_Coyle#Statistics

For the people who don't know much about Coyle, ( and why he should not have been appointed ).

Rather flatteringly, the two League Cup wins are included in his Rovers stats.

Get rid or we go down.

It is a good job that the two league cup wins are in there, although I have to say, we actually drew one of them, if it is 90 minute stats. Very poor record that and will only get worse, in my opinion.

With the two League Cup wins included his stats are following a similar pattern to those in his last 3 jobs - i.e. worse than a 1 in 3 win record.

Without the benefit of having played two bottom division sides he would have 0% wins and its now September.

Make no mistake, we are going down with this manager. Now the transfer window is closed its time to start winning. Another couple of defeats and a change is essential, albeit probably too late in the day.

Win percentages aren't the be all and end all, because a woeful win record can be compensated for by drawing a lot and losing very few, but that kind of record is usually found with managers such as Pulis and Allardyce who make their teams hard to beat and break down and grind out draws against better equipped opposition, no chance that Coyle is going to deliver that with his style.

For the people who don't know much about Coyle, ( and why he should not have been appointed ).

Get rid or we go down.

A bit of research really does help. And it's simple to do.

Are you still s prominent member of the trust ? (Genuinely no idea)

If you are it's a sad state of affairs if you don't know the managers history just like a few seasons back you didn't Yeovil were in our division .

So are us boycotters not hard core fans anymore?

I don't think it will be a financial decion on there departure , I think it will be when jail avoidance is negotiated for the scummy ones who have done wrong ( allegedly)

Of course you are hard core fans Abbey if you are boycotting, just as those who are still going are. On this forum I think we all agree we need a change of ownership - although I'm far from convinced that is the feeling amongst some of the fanbase. The only differences between most of us is how we are reacting to the ownership of the Rao family in terms of going or not going to matches.

Of course you are hard core fans Abbey if you are boycotting, just as those who are still going are. On this forum I think we all agree we need a change of ownership - although I'm far from convinced that is the feeling amongst some of the fanbase. The only differences between most of us is how we are reacting to the ownership of the Rao family in terms of going or not going to matches.

Parson, a few weeks ago after the documents made it into the public domain you traveled down to Cardiff and back, some 10hrs on the road by my estimations and I've nothing but respect for you doing that.

But what struck me was you said nobody mentioned the documents, nobody talked about the owners, contracts, Singh or king rat.

My question to you was do you not feel its your duty to bring to the attention of your fellow fans on away trips whats actually going on?

As I get the impression from your posts that these fans haven't the first idea whats been going on?

I'd have my gob on full blast if it was me.

You must have missed the question back then Parson, can I have your thoughts please?

Parson, a few weeks ago after the documents made it into the public domain you traveled down to Cardiff and back, some 10hrs on the road by my estimations and I've nothing but respect for you doing that.

But what struck me was you said nobody mentioned the documents, nobody talked about the owners, contracts, Singh or king rat.

My question to you was do you not feel its your duty to bring to the attention of your fellow fans on away trips whats actually going on?

As I get the impression from your posts that these fans haven't the first idea whats been going on?

You must have missed the question back then Parson, can I have your thoughts please?

I find it incredible to believe that some fans do not know whats going on. If you look at the number of people on this forum for starters, if we have all told 10 other people, who in turn have told 5 more, who in turn have told 2 more, who in turn have told 1 more, that surely means everyone knows. Unless you put your fingers in your ears and shout wibble, wibble all day long you can't help but know.

Parson makes a good point you only have to look at the facebook groups and their are people today defending venkys saying lack of investment is because they are safeguarding the club paying debts off etc, venkys could close ewood down have us playing a field and they would still defend them.

Apologies Gav, I missed this at the time. The views with regard to the owners seem to differ amongst the group I go with. I think you would be surprised at just how wide those views actually are. There are some, like myself, who now believe that the club cannot move forward whilst it is being run as it is at present. Others view it differently and remain unconvinced that anyone will pick up the wage bill if Venky's leave. Others don't believe that the club would attract a buyer if Venky's left and some are still behind the owners. We tend to think that this forum reflects the view of all supporters but I must admit that I'm now beginning to see BRFCS as a bubble that is not reflected further afield. As a result discussion tends to be about the match, the players involved and the performances, the sort of things that are discussed amongst friends going to a match or having a pint before or after the game.

Apologies Gav, I missed this at the time. The views with regard to the owners seem to differ amongst the group I go with. I think you would be surprised at just how wide those views actually are. There are some, like myself, who now believe that the club cannot move forward whilst it is being run as it is at present. Others view it differently and remain unconvinced that anyone will pick up the wage bill if Venky's leave. Others don't believe that the club would attract a buyer if Venky's left and some are still behind the owners. We tend to think that this forum reflects the view of all supporters but I must admit that I'm now beginning to see BRFCS as a bubble that is not reflected further afield. As a result discussion tends to be about the match, the players involved and the performances, the sort of things that are discussed amongst friends going to a match or having a pint before or after the game.

Thanks for the reply Parson, your experience seems to sum up the fan base in general really, full of uncertainty, worried and probably with good reason.

BRFCS is without doubt a bubble, always has been and always will be, it doesn't reflect the feelings of the majority of fans, although some would argue different.

For some fans they wont believe we can be sold until we are it is unfortunate the Seneca offer didn't get to the discussion stage, I have given up trying to pursued those that stick up for venkys, if they do not get it now they never will

Its this simple,until Venkys and there insects that live under stones are removed from the club its downhill all the way.

If you want to boycott or do not want to boycott that's up to the individual.We all want the best for BRFC.

Coco,Chimp Head,Shelfy,Cheston have all arrived at the club because of Venkys and lets say outside influences,until they are gone we will not progress.

Get rid of all the disease that Venkys have created,and I still firmly belive that we can move forward once again and in time get back to the premiership.

Owen Coyle

"I wish I had the budget the previous managers had year after year, but we haven't."

I must have missed all those millions Bowyer spent!!! Coyle you miserable rat already trying to shift the blame. Your crap , your signings are crap and your tactics are crap.. Take yourself and Venkys and get out!!

Owen Coyle

"I wish I had the budget the previous managers had year after year, but we haven't."

Dear Owen,

Perhaps you should have applied for the United job, or the Sunderland job, if you wanted millions to spend. Of course your application would have been popped through the shredding machine, almost before the envelope was opened had you done that. BRFC of course found you to be the stand out candidate for the managers job, but of course that came with a remit. Selling the best players and replacing them with cheaper ones was part of that remit, so no good moaning about it now.

Berg got 10 league games if I recall but how many did Appleton get, does anyone know?

15 according to Wiki

Frankly, I'm astonished that people didn't know this.

An absolutely ridiculous appointment following a protracted managerial search.

It's fair to say, his managerial record had zero bearing on his appointment. Of course he'd never heard of the main reason why he got the job.....

Get rid or we go down.

Thats true but the squad is so poor , it would be a minor miracle for the club to attract a good enough manager to keep this squad up !

It is as though it is set up to fail !

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

I was shocked I even had to justify my stance on this loser.

Hopefully the season so far has now provided enough evidence. Other than those colossal performances in the 0-1 defeat to Fulham and 1-1 draw with QPR it's fair to say it's been pretty dismal. GB was being eviscerated for doing better.

Archived