BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] No To Coyle

Bumped into Coyle at tonights game,

Gave him my card and asked him if he would do an uncut interview with me.

He said he would and will be in touch

Hopefully he keeps his word

Coyle can offer nothing to proceedings as far as I'm concerned. He talks a really good game and maybe able to clear up the SEM fib, but he's s sideshow in all of this.

You must have your reasons Glen, but he's the least of our worries.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a dig, Glen. But I wonder what that could achieve, other than diversion and conversion from the cause.

I happen to think Coyle was just using platitudes to appease you.

Having said that, he might see it as an avenue to gain sympathy or favour.

All of which simply deflects.

Coyle can offer nothing to proceedings as far as I'm concerned. He talks a really good game and maybe able to clear up the SEM fib, but he's s sideshow in all of this.

You must have your reasons Glen, but he's the least of our worries.

There is always reasons behind what I do,

This is an interview that needs to happen and in a way, what you posted makes that reason even greater.

There's nothing Coyle can say that I'm interested in, even in uncut interviews these people are media trained. I'm sure there's a plan but I wouldn't expect anything from an interview with him, I'd rather just keep focusing directly on Venkys as we all agreed they are the real problem here.

Glen is it worth you inviting more people to all these meetings you have with the club?

There's nothing Coyle can say that I'm interested in, even in uncut interviews these people are media trained. I'm sure there's a plan but I wouldn't expect anything from an interview with him, I'd rather just keep focusing directly on Venkys as we all agreed they are the real problem here.

Glen is it worth you inviting more people to all these meetings you have with the club?

I have not had loads of meetings with the club, I had a meeting yesterday which was more business related, given my company has sponsored games and spent money on the corporate facilities

I have not had loads of meetings with the club, I had a meeting yesterday which was more business related, given my company has sponsored games and spent money on the corporate facilities

My bad - I thought there was an additional meeting at a neutral location or something? I've been away all weekend, apologies if its been read incorrectly.

Either way, i'd suggest if BRAG/FF/FansForum - anyone in fact, is meeting the club it may be worth bringing independent fans along just for documentation purposes. The last thing thats needed at this stage is another "us against them" between fans groups.

Coyle's interviews remind me of when I was at school, being asked a question by the teacher on a subject you're useless at, and then trying to spout as much rubbish as possible in the hope some of the mud sticks and it makes sense.

He says a hell of a lot of words, but without saying anything at all.

I tried that approach in my Chemistry 'O' Level. Needless to say I failed.

Just hoping we sell Duffy and use the money to pay Coyle off.........that would be the best defensive use of the cash.

Our defensive record under Kean was completely embarrassing. Our defensive record under Bowyer was shocking conceding almost as many as we scored for nearly two seasons. Last year Bowyer managed to stem the tide at long last, presumably having at last learnt to focus on our defence. Lambert had us well drilled and hard to beat continuing the improvement shown under Bowyer.

Many on here, not just me, worried for our defence under Coyle. No surprise to me we are conceding a bucket load of goals already.

I keep reading that Coyle is not the issue and Coyle's hands are tied and Coyle has inherited a very poor squad. Poor Owen. Diddums. Did no-one tell him who was in our squad when he signed up? He has lost Hanley who would have started and Spurr who may have started. Other than that he has chosen his own players to bring in and released some who many did not rate. We do not have the lowest budget in this division of that I am pretty confident. Why do we then have the lowest playing expectations and why is bottom of the league acceptable?

Coyle is getting off very lightly in my view as fans focus on the owners. No-one can convince me that a Lambert or a Warnock wouldn't get this shower better organised. Losing 4-0 and 3-0 every week is simply not acceptable even though we sold Grant Hanley!

Coyle is another stain on our club at this time and of course should have some attention focused on his position, performance and results. Are we happily accepting he could take us down without issue, even though a better suited manager may prevent that?

Time he started earning his MASSIVE salary, along with his players. Otherwise get shut, save the cash, give it Dunny on half the dough and possibly go down without a whimper, just like Coyle is suggesting will happen.

May I ask. In what capacity are you meeting? Irate fan, leader of protests, ITK supporter, corporate sponsor?

Coyle cracks me up...

"I spoke to Steve Cotterill who was his manager there and he was very complimentary about him, so we felt it would be great to get him in.
"They are both very good defenders, we've been looking for a left back and a centre back so that helps us from a defensive point of view but we've not stopped there."
Williams isn't a left back.

• Backroom

So, for the second season in a row we end the first month of the season with no league wins. 1 point from a possible 15. Looks like we'll soon find out if Coyle has Kean-level invincibility, as we're already well on the way to relegation at this point.

No point sacking Coyle. Last thing we need is another Lambert-esque appointment to detract from the underlying issues. Imagine if they hired someone like Warnock, the #VenkysOut movement would have the wind taken out of its sails.

• Backroom

No point sacking Coyle. Last thing we need is another Lambert-esque appointment to detract from the underlying issues. Imagine if they hired someone like Warnock, the #VenkysOut movement would have the wind taken out of its sails.

If a significant amount of people are able to be swayed that easily then the sad truth is it's probably doomed to failure anyway.

Most of us knew what his appointment would ultimately mean.

I have to say, 1pt from 5 games (a home point against a newly promoted side) is even worse than I expected.

He's messing things up at almost every turn.

The players brought in are disgarded by other teams. We may as well change our name.

Blackburn Rejects and our reject Manager.

If a significant amount of people are able to be swayed that easily then the sad truth is it's probably doomed to failure anyway.

If Warnock was appointed now, it would be a big distraction. No doubt.

Ironically a good few purists would probably turn though.

Depends if you think the #VenkysOut movement is going to achieve anything. I don't. I feel like fan efforts are the equivalent of trying to lever a vicious pit bull's teeth off your arm using a sponge.

If we can't get rid of them then I would welcome us appointing a competent manager like Warnock. If course they'd then probably drive him to distraction like they did with Lambert but there's at least a tiny chance they wouldn't.

• Backroom

We knew this would be bad but did anyone think it would be this bad? 5 games in and nailed on for the drop

IIRC general consensus was that appointing Coyle meant we were royally screwed. There were a few crackpot optimists, as always, and the "give him a chance ffs" crew sat on the fence, but I'm pretty sure most people - on here at least - were well aware that we were facing disaster under Coyle. It was always going to end in abject failure.

Coyle is inept. His tactics are abysmal and his technical understanding is woeful. If Rovers want to go down to League One they need do nothing but if at the least the aim is to stay in the Championship then he needs acting and soon

Sorry that should have read axeing

IIRC general consensus was that appointing Coyle meant we were royally screwed. There were a few crackpot optimists, as always, and the "give him a chance ffs" crew sat on the fence, but I'm pretty sure most people - on here at least - were well aware that we were facing disaster under Coyle. It was always going to end in abject failure.

This is true but it doesn't make it any easier being right.

Some folk STILL talk about how Coyle got Bumley promoted. That is very much looking like the fluke if his career - and seeming more and more like him motivating Steve Cotterill's squad than anything more clever. Not sure he has ever assembled a successful squad on his own.

Coyle was useless even when he had money at Bolton and Wigan.

We all know what the real problem is, but I don't except the lazy argument being trotted out that "Anyone else would be doing the same".

Personally, I hope he goes as the club faces an existential crisis the lower we drop.

Sadly, I fear we are stuck with him.

Might get some free samples when we reach the Evo-Stik League.

We knew this would be bad but did anyone think it would be this bad? 5 games in and nailed on for the drop

sadly i did and i said it on the radio when he was apponted..thats not a told you so before anyone says it is it.

I knew we were in for a struggle this season no matter what, as soon as Coyle was appointed though then for me relegation was nailed on.

I'm pleasantly suprised we have 1 point on the board to be honest.

Archived