BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] No To Coyle

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Added to Coyle's ability to tell porkies I was reading an article in the LT from Steele (worst keeper in a Rovers shirt in my lifetime) where he was saying that we haven't been good enough.

The sentence which struck me most (and concerns Coyle and the club culture) was when Steele said they were surprised because they'd had a "good pre-season."

Now given that we didn't beat some pretty weak opposition, that by all reports didn't play all that well in a number of games, and used a system which has been scrapped after one game I'm not sure how it could be considered a "good pre-season." Added to which injuries like Conway and Evans weren't brought to fitness in pre-season (not that I blame Coyle for Evans, the lad is a crock) whilst already Ward and Bennett have succumbed to injuries.

So we didn't play well, get results, nail a system or get the players fit. Yet it's a good pre-season. That the standards are so low for what is good is very worrying and starts with the manager. If Steele et al are being told that their pre-season was good, then it's no wonder we're struggling with a bar set so low. A lot of comments have been made about Coyle's lack of professionalism, and comments like this in the LT just go to show how little professionalism there is at the club.

It's this kind of spinesless PR guff that always makes me rather bilious:-

“I certainly understand the fans’ frustration. First and foremost I’m a fan myself" - Coyle

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/14686214.Boss_understands_Blackburn_Rovers_fans__frustration_at_start_to_season_____as_unrest_with_owners_grows/?ref=mac

Important that as others posters have mentioned we dont let the agression turn to Owen Coyle. That will only make Our fans look bad.

We are more United than ever to get Our Club back and we should support the team, but focus on JA, Huber, Venkys and the other scum to get rid.

Coyle is nothing but the tip of the iceberg. Of course we all know that he's not a good manager, that he talks rubbish, that he isn't up to the job and really shouldn't be managing Blackburn Rovers.

Removing him won't solve our problems. It might delay them if we appoint someone like Warnock who manages to keep this rabble up this season, but more likely we'd appoint another desperate manager who would continue the decline.

Fact is that League One is inevitable. It will probably be next season, if not it will be in a season or two after that. If there's one thing Venkys reign of terror has been consistent in it is continued decline on and off the pitch.

Problems lie with Venkys but Coyle is culpable too.

Last night alone he made numerous errors:

- not taking off Duffy who was having a mare. This undermines his credibility (it doesn't matter how you play) as well as potentially leaving on someone who was likely to cost us the game - which he did with the red card. And that's before the was Duffy intentionally ruining things debate is factored in. (I'd say yes, which makes it worse he didn't take him off.)

- getting Duffy onside is tricky but losing the 2 strikers you've only just brought in within 3 games, and seemingly the squad as well must be a record in bad man management.

- Cardiff should have been out of sight 1st half. Not making any changes to stop the onslaught was appalling.

- Like for like substitutions - what good was that going to do. Granted the squad is threadbare but Coyle still had options to change things around. 3 up front and ignore the midfield hitting it long, put Marshall at rb and Feeney ahead of him for more attacking impetus, try flooding the cm with bodies - there were options for him.

- his post match comments. Is he really that deluded he thought we could get a draw? Why not acknowlege a guy who had 2 ogs and a red card had a stinker of a game?

Overall with motivation, tactically and communication with fans this guy is totally out of his depth.

Archived