BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Joint Blackpool Protests. Venkys Out, Oyston Out, Fans United.

Been speaking to some decent Blackpool supporters who are doing some good work against the Oyston ownership and mismanagement, have to commend them on their efforts.

Both sets of supporters want the same things for their clubs, proper management and their current owners to leave (more importantly). The time has well and truly gone in my opinion to keep asking Venkys to talk to the fans, action needs to be taken. Both sets of supporters are from the same neck of the woods (ish). There has been a few links between the two clubs with former players playing there and managing there, I myself went to watch Blackpool with my dad when I was younger. Together we're a stronger force and I believe that pressure needs to be put on the F.A. here, who criminally have remained clean in all this, it's time their hands got dirty. A joint protest with another club would be an excellent thing to do and would surely generate media and public interest, not to mention bigger numbers.

Would be interesting to have some of the Oyston Out/Tangerine Knights army on here to help get things moving. If anyone wants to invite other supporters from other clubs fighting a similar cause then the more the merrier.

Fans United, together we're stronger.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been speaking to some decent Blackpool supporters who are doing some good work against the Oyston ownership and mismanagement, have to commend them on their efforts.

Both sets of supporters want the same things for their clubs, proper management and their current owners to leave (more importantly). The time has well and truly gone in my opinion to keep asking Venkys to talk to the fans, action needs to be taken. Both sets of supporters are from the same neck of the woods (ish). There has been a few links between the two clubs with former players playing there and managing there, I myself went to watch Blackpool with my dad when I was younger. Together we're a stronger force and I believe that pressure needs to be put on the F.A. here, who criminally have remained clean in all this, it's time their hands got dirty. A joint protest with another club would be an excellent thing to do and would surely generate media and public interest, not to mention bigger numbers.

Would be interesting to have some of the Oyston Out/Tangerine Knights army on here to help get things moving. If anyone wants to invite other supporters from other clubs fighting a similar cause then the more the merrier.

Fans United, together we're stronger.

Hi Neal,

I just posted this on another thread.

Just a thought if Blackpool fans are prepared to arrange a joint owner protest with us. Stockport County have a stadium with a capacity of around £10,500 and now play in the second tier of the conference. I am sure they could do with a few extra bums on seats. Why not see if they have a home pre season friendly and arrange for some neutral supporters to attend. It should get some publicity, especially if the game ends up a sell out. Market the game as a support football, hate corruption event and take t from there.

One added bonus, Stockport hate Burnley and sing the famous chim chimeney song.

Hi Neal,

Just a thought if Blackpool fans are prepared to arrange a joint owner protest with us. Stockport County have a stadium with a capacity of around £10,500 and now play in the second tier of the conference. I am sure they could do with a few extra bums on seats. Why not see if they have a home pre season friendly and arrange for some neutral supporters to attend. It should get some publicity, especially if the game ends up a sell out. Market the game as a support football, hate corruption event and take t from there.

Nice idea!

Hi Neal,

I think Stockport are playing our Under-21 team when we are due to play at Blackpool.

Blackpool away would make a great opportunity for BFC and BRFC fans to stand united against the dreadful ownership issues we both have.

I can't make it as it is my oldest daughter's wedding :-)

I expect that Lancs Police, Oyston and Rovers will seek to have the game cancelled when they realise the potential for such a massive demonstration.

A pre season' bubble' game ha ha the Old Bill will just love that. Robocops, Horseboxes and the transportable Turf Moor metal Berlin wall at the ready for a nice bit of overtime at the Pleasure Beach.

Blackpool away would make a great opportunity for BFC and BRFC fans to stand united against the dreadful ownership issues we both have.

I can't make it as it is my oldest daughter's wedding :-)

I expect that Lancs Police, Oyston and Rovers will seek to have the game cancelled when they realise the potential for such a massive demonstration.

When is it?

Wow. Never thought he'd get more than a coach role ever again. He does love working under @#/? owners. Let's see how the Blackpool fans react when he publicly endorses oyston like he seemed to at various points with the venkys.

• 1 month later...

I reckon there will be trouble between the Rovers and Blackpool fans at that friendly.

They will be chanting that they have the worst owners in the world and we will be insistent that we have!

Could get nasty!

I reckon there will be trouble between the Rovers and Blackpool fans at that friendly.

They will be chanting that they have the worst owners in the world and we will be insistent that we have!

Could get nasty!

I doubt it fella, you will always get a couple of idiots maybe but speaking for myself, I'd gladly stand side by side with them against our current ownership and against the F.A. The Blackpool fans I've spoken to seem really decent people.

I doubt it fella, you will always get a couple of idiots maybe but speaking for myself, I'd gladly stand side by side with them against our current ownership and against the F.A. The Blackpool fans I've spoken to seem really decent people.

Was supposed to be in jest Neil mate! Sorry!

There could easily be a big debate about who has the worst owners but I'm sure we each feel for the other (so to speak :blush: )

So after smashing their club to bits and pilfering the parachute cash Owen Oyston finally faces the fans. The sheer arrogance of these people knows no bounds. What's the betting he's only been forced to do this because he's seen how few ST's they've sold.

Might be a lesson there.

Archived