BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Joint Blackpool Protests. Venkys Out, Oyston Out, Fans United.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Saw on Twitter that a few folk chanted it then a larger amount of people booed it

Also saw we had some idiots in the away end that forced the food outlets to be closed

Saw on Twitter that a few folk chanted it then a larger amount of people booed it

Also saw we had some idiots in the away end that forced the food outlets to be closed

Not clever and could be expensive for those involved. Oyston likes to sue.

Moronic and mindless on both counts.

We've some shameful supporters. Always have, always will.

Just got back to the car from the small protest. Not going to the game out of principle for the Blackpool fans, better things to do. Some Rovers fans still astound me, one wouldnt shake my hand and said "we'd be @#/? without Venkys" someone who i've known all my life. Disgusted.

Venkys Out. Oyston Out.

Well done for going on the protest Neal. I understand people going to games and have no problem with them but people defending the lunatics is quite alarming. Have these people learnt nothing in the last six years?

Rovers were much better second half.

Bennett and Feeney use their pace.

Lenihan, Evans and Akpan should be ahead of Guthrie.

Stokes or Ward not impressed by them.

Thought Greer did well.

Disappointed by that Raya or The trailist didnt get game time.

And I hope Blackpool get promote this season and Bowyer is a success there

Well done for going on the protest Neal. I understand people going to games and have no problem with them but people defending the lunatics is quite alarming. Have these people learnt nothing in the last six years?

Spot on Tony, my thoughts exactly!!

Was working at Preston today, and they totally outplayed Stoke. They are everything that (I think) most on here would like to see of Rovers. Full of young hungry players, with pace and football know how, well organised, good in the transfer market 9 times out of 10 and get the ball from one end to the other very quickly.

Then you look at rovers and think, well, "we've got this lot".

Thought Greer did well.

A pal who's seen all the friendlies so far is distinctly underwhelmed with Stokes. Worse touch than Brown was his comment :(

Hopefully he's just got new club jitters and he'll settle down.

Thought Greer did well.

Greer is a solid player, played with us a youngster. Surprised Brighton released him.

Just got back to the car from the small protest. Not going to the game out of principle for the Blackpool fans, better things to do. Some Rovers fans still astound me, one wouldnt shake my hand and said "we'd be @#/? without Venkys" someone who i've known all my life. Disgusted.

Venkys Out. Oyston Out.

Venky's record since taking over the Club is atrocious and can not be defended.

Unfortunately however we are stuck between a rock and a hard place with them currently and without them we would indeed be ******. Unless you know a Rovers fan with a spare £200m to chuck at the Club.

So to that extent the other person is correct. Perhaps a more accurate description would be that we appear to be ****** with them but would be even more ****** without them , i.e. out of business.

Difficult to know where the f irst green shoots of recovery are going to come from.

A pal who's seen all the friendlies so far is distinctly underwhelmed with Stokes. Worse touch than Brown was his comment :(

Hopefully he's just got new club jitters and he'll settle down.

His family could get us some cheap fertiliser for the pitch. 💣

Out of business ? We've already had someone offering to buy a controlling stake. Cut this out of business nonsense once and for all. Admin maybe but closed down 100% no.

Yes but they didn't have the finance to run the Club and were still reliant on Venky's to bankroll the operation in the meantime.

I see it not as a case of demonstrating support for Venky's but reluctantly acknowledging the financial reality of the situation. We are where we are because of them but as a result we are now unfortunately financially reliant on them.

Anyway, back to the game

Really poor match but preseason so as always hard to judge

Ward played poorly, Duffy did ok though, Henley didn't convince at lb and Lowe wasn't very good

Bennett did a decent job, Feeney put in a couple of good balls, Stokes didn't do much and Graham didn't get much ball

Byrne and Guthrie are a bit similar to play together, again I thought Guthrie was the better of the two, I don't know why Chaddy doesn't seem to like him but if he stays fit he could be useful

4-4-1-1 in both halves i thought

Second half they made so many changes, I think the whole team by the end, hard to judge

Greer did alright, looked to talk a fair bit

I think it's hard to judge anyone in a game like this and so I'd take it all with a healthy dose of salt

Crowd was in fine voice, quite a lot of rovers, very few Blackpool fans

Lots of Bowyer chants and I think he appreciated it a lot, he even did a worship bow thing

A good few Oyston is a xxxx chants, more than venkys ones, which were quiet

I was shocked by the coyle chant about half an hour in, it was short but quite loud, I don't know how anyone could miss it, wasn't drowned out by booing where I was sat but there was clearly a divide and it didn't reappear

In my opinion when Cotle came over, people were clapping the players not him and he didn't stay, sure a few might have been clapping but most not

It wasn't a good game but it is in two weeks that it starts to matter

We certainly don't look good at the moment. Until Marshall scored just before the break we didn't have a shot on goal. We were better after the break with Bennett again catching the eye but I thought Marshall, with the exception of the goal, looked disinterested. Ward looked very uneasy in the first half but Greer looked better in the second. Must say I'd rather we signed Greer than Wes Brown. Blackpool looked a decent outfit at times and played some very nice football in the first half. In the second half they ended up with a 16 year-old, a 17 year-old and two 18 year-olds in the team and still more than matched us. I've still to see what Stokes brings that we didn't have with Delfouneso. But it's pre-season so can't really judge until a couple of months into the campaign. I didn't speak to anyone today who wasn't convinced that we were in for a tough relegation battle. Good to hear the excellent support for Gary Bowyer from the Ewood fans and a good rendition of "Owen Coyle's 'Blue & White Army'. It was a tremendous away support for a pre-season friendly.

Archived