BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Joint Blackpool Protests. Venkys Out, Oyston Out, Fans United.

Anyway, back to the game

Really poor match but preseason so as always hard to judge

Ward played poorly, Duffy did ok though, Henley didn't convince at lb and Lowe wasn't very good

Bennett did a decent job, Feeney put in a couple of good balls, Stokes didn't do much and Graham didn't get much ball

Byrne and Guthrie are a bit similar to play together, again I thought Guthrie was the better of the two, I don't know why Chaddy doesn't seem to like him but if he stays fit he could be useful

4-4-1-1 in both halves i thought

Second half they made so many changes, I think the whole team by the end, hard to judge

Greer did alright, looked to talk a fair bit

I think it's hard to judge anyone in a game like this and so I'd take it all with a healthy dose of salt

Crowd was in fine voice, quite a lot of rovers, very few Blackpool fans

Lots of Bowyer chants and I think he appreciated it a lot, he even did a worship bow thing

A good few Oyston is a xxxx chants, more than venkys ones, which were quiet

I was shocked by the coyle chant about half an hour in, it was short but quite loud, I don't know how anyone could miss it, wasn't drowned out by booing where I was sat but there was clearly a divide and it didn't reappear

In my opinion when Cotle came over, people were clapping the players not him and he didn't stay, sure a few might have been clapping but most not

It wasn't a good game but it is in two weeks that it starts to matter

I heard far more than one Coyle chant. Why the booing - has he said something in the press ?

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? It was better than the Coyle one. I joined in Gary Bowyer's blue and white army...

For me it is, yes. He's not our manager anymore and when he was I bet it was hardly sung more than half a dozen times. Even they were just a murmur really.

I wouldn't have endorsed the Coyle one either. Although I wasn't there so I don't know what the vibe was like today.

Yes but they didn't have the finance to run the Club and were still reliant on Venky's to bankroll the operation in the meantime.

That's not how I understood it? I may be wrong bug I thought it was 60 million for a 51% controlling interest and the carrot for Venkys was that they didn't have to keep paying the running costs??

Mods, sorry for straying off topic.

For me it is, yes. He's not our manager anymore and when he was I bet it was hardly sung more than half a dozen times. Even they were just a murmur really.

I wouldn't have endorsed the Coyle one either. Although I wasn't there so I don't know what the vibe was like today.

It's a poor state of affairs when the club make such decisions which continue to divide the fanbase. We really needed a manager we could all get behind. I thought Lambert was that guy but Venkys or somebody clearly sold him a vision to make him sign that turned out to be baseless. The must honestly have thought that 5 years of damage could be undone by 6 months of a decent manager and zero investment.

Credit where credits due, that's a great following considering where the club finds itself today.

I didn't go. Credit to Neal. Thanks PB for the update, hoping you have the time and energy to provide some match reports this year.

Fully agreed Gav about our fan numbers. Our away support has been tremendous all through this saga. Those that travelled away for years know it wasn't always that way. Protest vote, a better day out than home games? A bit concerning the constant reports of chavvy/nasty behaviour however.

I wouldn't read anything into the result win or lose. Purely about fitness, bonding, evaluation, etc.

Nothing wrong at all with singing Bowyer's name. He had a good chance and time, was replaced by a more established manager and was presumably handsomely rewarded. Let's call it quits.

Owen Coyles blue and white army? Effing hilarious. Not criticising anyone, but for me that sums things up nicely.

It's a poor state of affairs when the club make such decisions which continue to divide the fanbase. We really needed a manager we could all get behind. I thought Lambert was that guy but Venkys or somebody clearly sold him a vision to make him sign that turned out to be baseless. The must honestly have thought that 5 years of damage could be undone by 6 months of a decent manager and zero investment.

My thoughts exactly regarding the fan base. Criticised for going, criticised for not going, criticised for singing the managers name, criticised for still enjoying, criticised for vocally protesting, criticised for not singing. No one can win.

You just can't make it up,if anybody mentioned Boywer doing an ok job when he managed us,fans went mental,Boywer out was all we heard on here,and if you disagreed you were a Rovers Fan,now he's at Blackpool and we've got Coyle everyone shouting Boywers blue/white army,and booing Coyle because he managed that lot up the road,even though he did leave them in the lurch,pathetic..

You just can't make it up,if anybody mentioned Boywer doing an ok job when he managed us,fans went mental,Boywer out was all we heard on here,and if you disagreed you were a Rovers Fan,now he's at Blackpool and we've got Coyle everyone shouting Boywers blue/white army,and booing Coyle because he managed that lot up the road,even though he did leave them in the lurch,pathetic..

It's not hard to understand really. One worked at the club for years and most recognised that. Plus helped keep us up. One is new to the club, has links to Burnley, has been lying already, and needs to earn some favour.

It's not hard to understand really. One worked at the club for years and most recognised that. Plus helped keep us up. One is new to the club, has links to Burnley, has been lying already, and needs to earn some favour.

. So why do you not understand,the point being MOST on here didn't recognise that Boywer was doing a good job and wanted him out,I thought he did a very reasonable job but you dare to mention it and you got slagged off saying he was useless,and now the same are all over him,and so what if Coyle has links to Burnley,if we snatched Dyche from them,would it be the same reaction...

. So why do you not understand,the point being MOST on here didn't recognise that Boywer was doing a good job and wanted him out,I thought he did a very reasonable job but you dare to mention it and you got slagged off saying he was useless,and now the same are all over him,and so what if Coyle has links to Burnley,if we snatched Dyche from them,would it be the same reaction...

Bowyer tried his best for Rovers but was found to be not good enough.

Coyles Burnley links are irrelevant but he's started on a lie and his managerial record over the last five years is abysmal. His appointment makes no sense and The fear is he's been brought in to oversee the next stage of #OperationDumbdown which Lambert obviously refused to take part in.

• Backroom

You do realise the % of posters on here compared to the overall crowd at Ewood and away is pretty small? I doubt many of those chanting for Bowyer today post on here.

Whether we think he did a good job or not (and I'm with you) I think he did right by us. And I also think the club would be in an even bigger mess had he not done the job he did.

That's the thing with life. You never really appreciate how good things are until they get worse. We did it with Allardyce, complaining about his brand of football. Yet given the choice now I doubt there'd be a single person who wouldn't take that again. Ok Bowyer didn't get us up. But I've a horrible feeling we may all crave those days again one or two years from now.

Bowyer kept the machine turning while we still had a decent income. Perhaps it would have been better to have been relegated and just maybe shut of a humiliated Venkys instead of the illusion of stability when in reality we had no such thing.

Make no mistake, we are almost certainly going to be relegated before Venkys go.

My thoughts exactly regarding the fan base. Criticised for going, criticised for not going, criticised for singing the managers name, criticised for still enjoying, criticised for vocally protesting, criticised for not singing. No one can win.

And yet people can't see that the problem is entirely down to Venkys. I've never know our fans as divided as this but instead we carry on with some staying and some going and no more dissenting voices. Not that are heard by the club anyway.

Byrne and Guthrie are a bit similar to play together, again I thought Guthrie was the better of the two, I don't know why Chaddy doesn't seem to like him but if he stays fit he could be useful

I thought Byrne and Guthrie was poor today. Don't mind Guthrie at all

We certainly don't look good at the moment. I thought Marshall, with the exception of the goal, looked disinterested. Blackpool looked a decent outfit at times and played some very nice football in the first half. In the second half they ended up with a 16 year-old, a 17 year-old and two 18 year-olds in the team and still more than matched us. I've still to see what Stokes brings that we didn't have with Delfouneso. It was a tremendous away support for a pre-season friendly.

I thought Marshall seemed to enjoy playing in the 10 role second half. did ok there

I hope Blackpool do well there and get promote this coming season

Agree on Stokes Parson. still feel that his position is wide left in a formation of 4-3-3

Our Away support was excellent

I heard far more than one Coyle chant. Why the booing - has he said something in the press ?

heard a few today tbh.

exactly.

I think Bowyer blown his best chance in his second season to get us promote. But he did a decent/good job but deserve his applauds today.

good rovers support today,but very divided lots of chants you will allways be a dingle,booing when some lads sang owen coyles blue and white army,had a couple of pints in waterloo pub no sign of any protest more rovers fans than blackpool there,rovers very poor today henley ward @#/?,got to get fans backing coyle and players dont want to go the same way as blackpool,by the way they looked good today hope bowyer takes them up.

• Backroom

I thought Byrne and Guthrie was poor today. Don't mind Guthrie at all

IMV Guthrie is a busted flush and has been for some time. Injuries have taken their toll on him and he still hasn't shaken off fitness issues. We're at the stage where beggars can't be choosers, but I'm not expecting any significant contribution from him this season. We'll be lucky if he starts more than 15 matches imo.

Whether we think he did a good job or not (and I'm with you) I think he did right by us. And I also think the club would be in an even bigger mess had he not done the job he did.

That's the thing with life. You never really appreciate how good things are until they get worse. We did it with Allardyce, complaining about his brand of football. Yet given the choice now I doubt there'd be a single person who wouldn't take that again. Ok Bowyer didn't get us up. But I've a horrible feeling we may all crave those days again one or two years from now.

We might yearn for those days of "stability", but if Bowyer was allowed to continue, we'd probably be in League One already.

We might yearn for those days of "stability", but if Bowyer was allowed to continue, we'd probably be in League One already.

To my mind last summer was an absolute shambles and we really saw some desperate signings. Guthrie is a good player. Sadly not a bionic one. Koita was as raw as you're likely to see and the Fonz was desperation personified. Bowyer takes some of the blame for sure. But that was the belt as tight as it's been. Designed to exit the embargo. Honestly, i don't believe we'd have been relegated. Certainly if Bowyer had been given the January budget Lambert had. That's not me being critical of Lambert by the way.

All water under the bridge now. I know I'm in the minority but I'll always appreciate what Bowyer tried to do for us and I sincerely wish him all the best in his career. If he stays in management I'll always look out for his results. I think he got a rough deal on here in particular. I could never really understand why. He has a dry sense of humour. He's an Ian Brown fan. And he loves Blackburn Rovers. Three traits I appreciate in any human being. Good luck to the man.

To my mind last summer was an absolute shambles and we really saw some desperate signings. Guthrie is a good player. Sadly not a bionic one. Koita was as raw as you're likely to see and the Fonz was desperation personified. Bowyer takes some of the blame for sure. But that was the belt as tight as it's been. Designed to exit the embargo. Honestly, i don't believe we'd have been relegated. Certainly if Bowyer had been given the January budget Lambert had. That's not me being critical of Lambert by the way.

All water under the bridge now. I know I'm in the minority but I'll always appreciate what Bowyer tried to do for us and I sincerely wish him all the best in his career. If he stays in management I'll always look out for his results. I think he got a rough deal on here in particular. I could never really understand why. He has a dry sense of humour. He's an Ian Brown fan. And he loves Blackburn Rovers. Three traits I appreciate in any human being. Good luck to the man.

The January budget? You mean over 10 million pounds worth of sales and under 1 million of buys?

Archived