BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

RoversReport ‏@RoversReport 36m36 minutes ago

It is understood Danny Graham has past a medical and is set to sign for

This account posted it first, no idea how reliable they are

Let us hope very!

Doesn't seem like Celtic fans are too keen on Graham anyway...although I'm not so sure why?! For a club that loves Griffiths I would have thought they'd fall over themselves for Graham...!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their reliability in forming a sentence is lacking.

That was my fault, missed 'Rovers' off when cutting and pasting

He's been playing for us for nearly 5 months, why would he need to have a medical?

Guess it's something to do with insurance

Blackman's record is mediocre in the Championship and that's a kind way of putting it.

Reading 113 appearance 22 goals.

Derby 3 appearances 0 goals.

Am I missing something?

Was a strange signing by them that one. Clement shoved him straight out on the wing for some reason, wouldn't be surprised if he didn't want him in the first place and someone else sanctioned it.

Who cares if he is a former SEM client? Would be a very good signing surely?

Well said. No doubt many would.

I think Rev it'd be a sign of just how much the club is being abused. If all from SEM it shows they're pulling the strings and have a huge amount of influence and we saw how badly that situation ended last time. Hence why people would be worried - myself included.

It's not like every signing will be bad if this is the case - remember Yakubu last time round - bit ultimately it's a bad situation and one that'll end up with rovers further shafted.

Can't help wonder if this Graham talk is to try to boost season tickets.

Seen a post saying that he has had a medical and is set to have talks on 30th June. That would fit with the end of his Sunderland contract but how can we realistically afford his wages?

Seen a post saying that he has had a medical and is set to have talks on 30th June. That would fit with the end of his Sunderland contract but how can we realistically afford his wages?

Maybe we've got some big plans between now and the 30th. Like winning the lottery. Five times.

Graham having Rovers medical

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/06/13/report-danny-graham-to-undergo-blackburn-medical-after-being-pas/

I really hope we sign Danny Graham. Quality striker at this level. Will give us a target man type striker we need. Also need a skillful striker, pacey striker and number 10/4th choice aswell

I just hope Graham's agent isnt using us to get better deal from Celtic.

I'm of the same view. I think the true extent of the damage is slowly becoming clear to the people behind the scenes, and we will now see increased efforts from the PR crew at the club to try their utmost to increase season ticket sales before the July deadline.

The fact that they have increased the window by a further week speaks volumes. The fact that it has taken until almost mid-June to post out season ticket details to supporters is beyond pathetic. An amateur club would have made the necessary arrangements. Rovers bemoaning some sort of unavoidable disaster as the reason why leaflets have been so late to be sent out. As far as I'm aware the Royal Mail has been functioning perfectly well over the last few weeks, so the only reasons for the delay have either been at Rovers' end or with the producers of the leaflets, either way it is unacceptable.

At the next opportunity someone needs to ask Cheston why it is that renewing season ticket holders who traditionally renew via leaflet have had to wait until mid-June to do this whilst many other Championship clubs were doing it in January/February. Why are we 5 months later?

I'm predicting a drop in sales of epic proportions next season. And no amount of 'talk' or 'links' to decent players will suffice. 'Spending money' doesnt mean paying for a few 6-12 month loans. Investment and spending means multi-million pound purchases these days.

There's no reason why if Graham was a done deal that they couldn't announce it now. Sunderland have announced he is free to talk to other clubs, so if Rovers reach an agreement with him they could put it on the website that he will join on 1st July.

They're panicking. They actually seem to think that the Coyle appointment will excite or encourage more people to come, when in reality for many it will be the final straw. For Cheston to go public and say Coyle is the best man for the job, a job which partly includes pacifying a disillusioned fanbase, speaks volumes for his credibility. Anyone with any understanding of football and fans this region would have avoided Coyle purely because of his Burnley links, nevermind his recent track record.

Prepare for more of this talk in the coming weeks. Supposed negotiations and deals for quality players, but lets see how many actually materialise in time for pre-season. I expect the Venky approach will be similar to previous years. Whatever money does materialise will be very much last minute.

Anyone with any understanding of football and fans this region would have avoided Coyle purely because of his Burnley links, nevermind his recent track record.

People keep saying the Dingle link is irrelevant. Maybe it would be if we poached Dyche... but Coyle is yesterday's man. Hiring a scrub manager is one thing... hiring a scrub manager who's ex-Scum just adds insult to injury.

Graham having Rovers medical

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/06/13/report-danny-graham-to-undergo-blackburn-medical-after-being-pas/

I really hope we sign Danny Graham. Quality striker at this level. Will give us a target man type striker we need. Also need a skillful striker, pacey striker and number 10/4th choice aswell

I just hope Graham's agent isnt using us to get better deal from Celtic.

He's already made a verbal agreement with Celtic chadderton. Now unless between now and 30/06/16 rovers come in with wages exceeding those offered by Celtic and rovers suddenly qualify for the champions league then he won't be coming here, why would he pal, he would be stupid too.

He's already made a verbal agreement with Celtic chadderton. Now unless between now and 30/06/16 rovers come in with wages exceeding those offered by Celtic and rovers suddenly qualify for the champions league then he won't be coming here, why would he pal, he would be stupid too.

Not according to the local Glasgow newspaper he hasn't

http://m.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/14552720.Danny_Graham_looks_Blackburn_bound_as_Hoops_pass_on_striker/

Graham was released by Sunderland a week or so ago, he is now a free agent, able to sign for whoever he chooses.

Archived