BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

Let's be honest it's plain to see that Chaddy is always the optimist and in trying to remain optimistic he'll try to convince himself of best case scenarios. Eg, Rovers a better prospect over Celtic and could afford more etc.

I'm pretty sure you all know that the above is the case and the only reason he'll say things like we can afford to pay more etc. It's absolutely innocent and without malice.

Some of you are so hell bent on being negative that you seem to want things to go wrong and don't want to be happy so you can prove you were right for being negative. You want to show that you are right in being negative so much that imo you've made it a mission to prove a happy go lucky bloke is actually the sinister one in his motives. Do you really think that will make you look like the good guys? He loves the club so much he'll try to see the best in every situation. You love the club so much you wont stand to see it fall. Either way you both think the way you do due to your love for BRFC. Learn to accept that people have their own ways of showing love and allegiance and respect that.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know Gav, you'll see from my posts that I'm not one to gang up on someone. I just took issue with him making a comment, denying he'd made said comment and referring us to something he said last week (which I hadn't read), and then when he'd been shown what he said, he kept coming back with retorts. Maybe he wasn't on the wind up, but there's no shame in holding our hands up when we're wrong. Would have been easier for all of us. As for the stick Chaddy got at the weekend, I wouldn't know as I wasn't online much and haven't read back too far.

The abuse has been removed, you'll not see it, some of it disgusting, and I know you've never been part of that.

Mustard, Gav and Mike E:-

I suggest that we could offer 20k a week wages to Graham on the 8th June

Then on the 12th I meant to say in my opinion Rovers could offer 20k a week plus bouns. So my apologises Mustard.

On the budget, Nixon has said the Budget has been reduced but still very decent budget. Need to be clever with the budget.

I am very passionate Rovers fan who is positive with my mindset. And I wont change.

On the abuse Gav, I am used to it now and I just ignore it and dont take these people on anymore. They went a reaction.

I just want to talk Rovers and football but far too many want to play point scoring games and abuse members with different opinions instead of respect them

Chaddy, are you deliberately winding me up here? Of course we don't know. That's why I'm suggesting you don't state things as fact when it's an opinion.

"IMO", "I think...", "I believe..." etc etc...

he does not do that ,the mods say so ^_^:huh::blink: . I cant be arsed this morning but he goes on about his dyslexia and people defend yet about two weeks ago he was quoting dictionary stuff to me .

We dont even know what Coyle budget is for wages or transfers.

you said 20 million .

Let's be honest it's plain to see that Chaddy is always the optimist and in trying to remain optimistic he'll try to convince himself of best case scenarios. Eg, Rovers a better prospect over Celtic and could afford more etc.

I'm pretty sure you all know that the above is the case and the only reason he'll say things like we can afford to pay more etc. It's absolutely innocent and without malice.

Some of you are so hell bent on being negative that you seem to want things to go wrong and don't want to be happy so you can prove you were right for being negative. You want to show that you are right in being negative so much that imo you've made it a mission to prove a happy go lucky bloke is actually the sinister one in his motives. Do you really think that will make you look like the good guys? He loves the club so much he'll try to see the best in every situation. You love the club so much you wont stand to see it fall. Either way you both think the way you do due to your love for BRFC. Learn to accept that people have their own ways of showing love and allegiance and respect that.

Cracking post

Mustard, Gav and Mike E:-

I suggest that we could offer 20k a week wages to Graham on the 8th June

Then on the 12th I meant to say in my opinion Rovers could offer 20k a week plus bouns. So my apologises Mustard.

On the budget, Nixon has said the Budget has been reduced but still very decent budget. Need to be clever with the budget.

I am very passionate Rovers fan who is positive with my mindset. And I wont change.

On the abuse Gav, I am used to it now and I just ignore it and dont take these people on anymore. They went a reaction.

I just want to talk Rovers and football but far too many want to play point scoring games and abuse members with different opinions instead of respect them

You do react to it though Chaddy, don't say that you don't. I've seen you say that a number of times now and it simply isn't true.

1. Quite how we've gone from 12 months ago having arguably the most feared attack outside the top flight to having no forwards at the club is testament to the shambolic management of the club from top to bottom during that time.

2. For those saying we can't afford x or can't afford y, lets remember there is a pile of cash to the tune of £20 million sat somewhere from selling Rhodes, Gestede, King, Cairney. If the owners want to release some of that money for a spend this summer then they can do. The question isn't can we afford to do it, but more will these moronic people allow us to do it,

1. The reason we've had to drop lots of talent in the past 18 months isn't down to bad management in that time, it's the sheer idiocy before (IMO) leaving such a huge deficit from overspending.

2. IMO, That's money is gone. The balance sheets had a little massage, probably kept us out of the FFP embargo for a while longer yet but there is no 20m sitting to one side. There is an empty pot full of i.o.u's on little pieces of paper.

I think, on the spending front I we will see more cuts and I wouldn't be suprised to see more sales!

£50m war chest..........credibility ZERO..........yet some hang on his every word.

Strange

Can we please cut out the petty arguing and silly one liner posts? You're all grown adults.

I think you will find a lot of people are very frustrated Rovers wise at the moment and when certain posters try and put a positive spin or post something as true and it never happens frustrations get flared

Let's be honest the Venky's and there agent pals have created this animosity

Ive kept out of this because i took my own advice and put chaddy on ignore. Its much better because whether his champions believe it or not he is a wum of the first order. Its not nust that he puts a positive spin on things where there really arent positives but that he cries when hes asked however politely not to do some of the things he does or at least to do them less often. He knows full well what hes doing and craves the attention. The fewer people who react the better. Put him on ignore. You can still read his info if you want to but you can choose a mellow moment to do so

• Moderation Lead

I think you will find a lot of people are very frustrated Rovers wise at the moment and when certain posters try and put a positive spin or post something as true and it never happens frustrations get flared

Let's be honest the Venky's and there agent pals have created this animosity

Oh I know all this Athlete, but people need to be able to restrain themselves and just ignore it. Let's be honest, they wouldn't react to everything in life that annoys them in such a way would they? They'd just keep a lid on it. They'd definitely have incredibly high blood pressure if they did!!

Ive kept out of this because i took my own advice and put chaddy on ignore. Its much better because whether his champions believe it or not he is a wum of the first order. Its not nust that he puts a positive spin on things where there really arent positives but that he cries when hes asked however politely not to do some of the things he does or at least to do them less often. He knows full well what hes doing and craves the attention. The fewer people who react the better. Put him on ignore. You can still read his info if you want to but you can choose a mellow moment to do so

Yup, chaddy wears the mantle of a wide-eyed milquetoast but he's a lot more devious than people realise.

If he craves attention he must be chortling in his milk right now! Page after page of Chaddy! Beyond belief.

1. The reason we've had to drop lots of talent in the past 18 months isn't down to bad management in that time, it's the sheer idiocy before (IMO) leaving such a huge deficit from overspending.

2. IMO, That's money is gone. The balance sheets had a little massage, probably kept us out of the FFP embargo for a while longer yet but there is no 20m sitting to one side. There is an empty pot full of i.o.u's on little pieces of paper.

I think, on the spending front I we will see more cuts and I wouldn't be suprised to see more sales!

I can see us signing Graham but that then being offset and paid for with say Marshall being sold, with someone like Feeney coming in as the cheap like for like. Marshall, Duffy, Hanley aside the squads devoid of any assets that can generate funds. Transfer lucky dip here we come!

Oh I know all this Athlete, but people need to be able to restrain themselves and just ignore it. Let's be honest, they wouldn't react to everything in life that annoys them in such a way would they? They'd just keep a lid on it. They'd definitely have incredibly high blood pressure if they did!!

Unlike Charlton or Blackpool we have no one visible to take out our frustration on

Tried and tested proven goalscorers are like gold-dust. Especially to those clubs, like Rovers, that either can't or won't spend money on bringing in quality and immediately limit options to out of contract players and loanees.

For that reason Danny Graham has to be our priority, but he has to run alongside another 9-10 additions to the squad. Adding Danny Graham would be a positive step forward, but only if his arrival is quickly followed by a succession of other options and decent standard players. Adding Danny Graham, attempting to convince people we have ambition, before filling the remainder of the squad with complete rubbish at the back end of the transfer window, will still see us get relegated.

I'm not suggesting that there is a pot of money sat there waiting to be spent, but if these owners were serious and ambitious then they could offset losses using their own funds whilst allowing the club to rebuild using the vast amounts received through selling our best players over the last 12 months. Many other clubs have followed the path of selling quality players from time to time, whilst continuing to lose money every year, but rather than use cash from sales to offset losses they have then reinvesting the proceeds to strengthen again across the squad.

If Venkys 'plan' is to stem losses using cash from selling off players then that's their choice, but it isn't the only option, and it isn't a sustainable plan and isn't likely to be successful. It might work at reducing losses for a season or two, but players with £5-10 million values are hard to come by for unstable Championship clubs, and once the batch has been sold off there won't be much more left to sell and won't be much quality left on the pitch.

Fulham are a club that has lost a lot of money, and continue to do so, yet their owner has covered those losses whilst allowing them to keep spending. So if Venkys decided they wanted to spend they could provide the manager with millions from the Rhodes sale and cover the losses out of their own pockets. They seemingly don't want to do it, but it doesn't mean they can't.

I can see us signing Graham but that then being offset and paid for with say Marshall being sold, with someone like Feeney coming in as the cheap like for like. Marshall, Duffy, Hanley aside the squads devoid of any assets that can generate funds. Transfer lucky dip here we come!

Hooray for someone who wants to discuss transfers!

I think that perhaps the contracts ending could be a bit of a player in sales- I think Hanley is 2 years, I don't think we'd risk keeping Marshall much longer unless he signs I think he has 12 months left? I'm sure someone will know.

If Venkys 'plan' is to stem losses using cash from selling off players then that's their choice, but it isn't the only option, and it isn't a sustainable plan and isn't likely to be successful. It might work at reducing losses for a season or two, but players with £5-10 million values are hard to come by for unstable Championship clubs, and once the batch has been sold off there won't be much more left to sell and won't be much quality left on the pitch.

Fulham are a club that has lost a lot of money, and continue to do so, yet their owner has covered those losses whilst allowing them to keep spending. So if Venkys decided they wanted to spend they could provide the manager with millions from the Rhodes sale and cover the losses out of their own pockets. They seemingly don't want to do it, but it doesn't mean they can't.

Eloquent as ever! I agree with much but it's the last sentence that I think we are seperate. I would prefer Venkys stop putting debt into the club. I'm not sure of the Fulham scenario, do they have numbers going against the club in terms of debt?

I'd rather Venkys stopped putting minus zeros against the club. If creating a situation where we can basically pay the bills without investment is possible, I'd much rather go for that.

Reliance on investment for just basic paying of the wage bill is a slippy slope. We've seen what happens if mistakes are made (aka criminally negligent decisions!)

People with dyslexia have difficulty reading, writing and expressing themselves.

I was going to post this yesterday when the lynch mob was in full flow, but its just as relevant now.

I'm not getting at you in particular mustard, but reminding posters that we're all different, think before you post.

Gav the Chaddy apologist strikes again.

Archived