BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

Let's be honest it's plain to see that Chaddy is always the optimist and in trying to remain optimistic he'll try to convince himself of best case scenarios. Eg, Rovers a better prospect over Celtic and could afford more etc.

I'm pretty sure you all know that the above is the case and the only reason he'll say things like we can afford to pay more etc. It's absolutely innocent and without malice.

Some of you are so hell bent on being negative that you seem to want things to go wrong and don't want to be happy so you can prove you were right for being negative. You want to show that you are right in being negative so much that imo you've made it a mission to prove a happy go lucky bloke is actually the sinister one in his motives. Do you really think that will make you look like the good guys? He loves the club so much he'll try to see the best in every situation. You love the club so much you wont stand to see it fall. Either way you both think the way you do due to your love for BRFC. Learn to accept that people have their own ways of showing love and allegiance and respect that.

If personal posts about chaddy are being baleeted, why isn't this? Seeing as it tars a whole bunch of supporters just for calling chaddy out on his lies and contradictions.

Or is it because this rhetoric suits the agenda on here?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

If personal posts about chaddy are being baleeted, why isn't this? Seeing as it tars a whole bunch of supporters just for calling chaddy out on his lies and contradictions.

Or is it because this rhetoric suits the agenda on here?

No, it's because I wasn't online last night and didn't see it, though it's now gone.

For all- leave it alone and use the ignore function or just scroll right by posters that annoy you. Disagree with people respectfully by all means but don't dominate threads with it. Also, can those defending Chaddy please leave that to the moderators please, we'll deal with anything where we see fit.

In any event, this is the final warning for all or there will be bans for anyone flouting it as it's gone on too far.

So anyway, Tommy Spurr has been offered a new deal according to the LT.

In the same article it reiterates Rovers will speak with Danny Graham, but also Anthony Stokes.

Would the lure of the championship possible struggle at a screwed up club be more appealing than silver Ware and European football.. That is very doubtful

Personally I'd take either or both in a shot at the moment but it's highly unlikely

The best we can hope for is Coyle gets some agency players thrown at him whom are hungry with a point to prove and who are up for the battle

Sounds like someone struggling to express himself Mike!

If you hang on to his ever word looking for fault you'll find it day in day out because he's dyslexic! thats what dyslexia is!

You do a great job, but this poster needs protecting in my opinion not calling out, the stuff yesterday was disgusting.

How many more Chaddy apologist posts are you going to make Gav. People say I have an obsession but yours is showing. I'm trying to ignore Chaddy's lies but you are not helping.

can a line not be drawn under this bs now? its not even funny its just pathetic from all three sides.

Just needs to be clarified what constitutes "abuse" as claimed by more than one poster, now bans have been mentioned . May seem a sarcastic post but it is not and once it is clarified nobody has any excuse if they receive warning points or a ban.

Does questioning the validity or content of a post containing information from a red top click baiter constitute abuse?

Does asking about or questioning a u-turn in a particular view constitute abuse?

Does a poster claiming abuse when questioned on the validity or content of a post they make count as trolling? and therefore make the claim a cause for a ban?

Relevent to this thread

Does posting links in this thread instead of the link only thread which was requested ,constitute a breach of thread rules and will this result in a ban?

Does questioning the validity or content of a link posted in the link only thread in this thread constitute abuse?

Does any post that is posted that could be interpreted as antagonising people to reply and thus risking the replier a ban, itself qualify as banning material?,

Unfortunately the posting guidelines are not clear on these special circumstances that are currently happening.

Hooray for someone who wants to discuss transfers!

I think that perhaps the contracts ending could be a bit of a player in sales- I think Hanley is 2 years, I don't think we'd risk keeping Marshall much longer unless he signs I think he has 12 months left? I'm sure someone will know.

ha! Marshall if he goes its not ideal but its not the greatest loss either great on his day but his day but I do feel he is replaceable, that said my mate who supports Bolton was scathing in his assessment of feeney!. I do wonder how Coyle will setup if its one up front we can get away with 3 strikers. We still need cover at centre half and left back assuming spurr is first choice

Just needs to be clarified what constitutes "abuse" as claimed by more than one poster, now bans have been mentioned . May seem a sarcastic post but it is not and once it is clarified nobody has any excuse if they receive warning points or a ban.

Does questioning the validity or content of a post containing information from a red top click baiter constitute abuse?

Does asking about or questioning a u-turn in a particular view constitute abuse?

Does a poster claiming abuse when questioned on the validity or content of a post they make count as trolling? and therefore make the claim a cause for a ban?

Relevent to this thread

Does posting links in this thread instead of the link only thread which was requested ,constitute a breach of thread rules and will this result in a ban?

Does questioning the validity or content of a link posted in the link only thread in this thread constitute abuse?

Does any post that is posted that could be interpreted as antagonising people to reply and thus risking the replier a ban, itself qualify as banning material?,

Unfortunately the posting guidelines are not clear on these special circumstances that are currently happening.

Hence why im trying to ban myself before i get a formal ban. After however many years ive been on here as a generally moderate occasionally foolish but never malicious poster i have no desire to go out on a ban because of one poster for whom the rules appear difficult to apply because there is nobody who does things in quite the same way. And i know i said i wouldnt post again but i had to get that off my chest first

Hence why im trying to ban myself before i get a formal ban. After however many years ive been on here as a generally moderate occasionally foolish but never malicious poster i have no desire to go out on a ban because of one poster for whom the rules appear difficult to apply because there is nobody who does things in quite the same way. And i know i said i wouldnt post again but i had to get that off my chest first

For what it is worth, I think you should keep on posting!

Give it a rest gumboots, you're deliberately inflaming the situation again.

Seems to me the only person who posts about actual football these days is Chaddy. The rest are either attacking him, defending him, or moderating both.

Now it appears I have joined in to..yaaaay.

There was a time when a rovers football forum would maybe have been about rovers or football, but maybe Im just old fashioned

No youre right but theres nothing yo talk about. Theres only so many ways to say Venkys out

Why don't you start a new thread then gumboots?

How about you're favorite away day following Rovers? get some good memories flowing instead of all this cr@p

Right i give in. I will not post anything again. Ill read and say nothing.

You are right Gumboots. If we can't comment on other peoples posts it's not worth posting anything.

Your modding is going too far K-Hod. If I can't reply to Gav it's time to give up. I've already given in to Chaddy as you know.

ha! Marshall if he goes its not ideal but its not the greatest loss either great on his day but his day but I do feel he is replaceable, that said my mate who supports Bolton was scathing in his assessment of feeney!. I do wonder how Coyle will setup if its one up front we can get away with 3 strikers. We still need cover at centre half and left back assuming spurr is first choice

The little I've seen of Marshall didn't impress me at all. I thought he looked disinterested, flitted in and out of games and, to be frank, appeared to be a bit of a sulker. I appreciate there are those who rate him who've seen more of Marshall than I but wouldn't most accept that his departure would be a price worth paying to bring in Graham?

• Backroom

The little I've seen of Marshall didn't impress me at all. I thought he looked disinterested, flitted in and out of games and, to be frank, appeared to be a bit of a sulker. I appreciate there are those who rate him who've seen more of Marshall than I but wouldn't most accept that his departure would be a price worth paying to bring in Graham?

Considering Marshall was playing RB, and Henley is the only other option... no, I'd rather keep Marshall. Graham's a decent player for sure but there's no point weakening other areas of the team to bring him in.

Seems to me the only person who posts about actual football these days is Chaddy. The rest are either attacking him, defending him, or moderating both.

There was a time when a rovers football forum would maybe have been about rovers or football, but maybe Im just old fashioned

This thread is the main problem (as far as the football forum goes). The Euro 2016 thread is going nicely, maybe time for some to avoid this thread for a while and post in the others. It's not like there's anything of note to comment on transfer wise at the moment anyway.

Marshall was one of the plus points of last season so your way off the mark. Yes he has his moments but I'd say it's frustration more than disinterest. He's one of the only ones who loses his rag at his casual teammates at times and the fact he covers many positions says he's a very important team member in the present climate.

Far from perfect but hell to replace him with someone like Feeney then no thanks. Also sacrificing anyone to sign others i'll just point you in the direction of Rhodes and his disappearing fee !

Marshall was one of the plus points of last season so your way off the mark. Yes he has his moments but I'd say it's frustration more than disinterest. He's one of the only ones who loses his rag at his casual teammates at times and the fact he covers many positions says he's a very important team member in the present climate.

Far from perfect but hell to replace him with someone like Feeney then no thanks. Also sacrificing anyone to sign others i'll just point you in the direction of Rhodes and his disappearing fee !

Tbf, I did say that I hadn't seen that much of Marshall and would have to bow to the superior knowledge of those who have. I haven't seen anything of Feeney either but the much revered Big Mick seems to like him so would it be that much of a disaster if Marshall goes for a decent fee and we get Graham, Feeney and (just maybe) Stokes on frees?

Marshall had a very good season and is one of the few players with a bit of skill who can make a difference in games. Losing him would be a big blow.

Marshall has quality and ability and is still a good age. There's a reason he's one of the few remaining players we have that other clubs in this league have taken an interest in. Brighton wanted him last summer and I'm absolutely sure they and several others will be sending in some bids knowing he's out of contract in 12 months.

One thing we can surely all agree on is that if/when he leaves his successor will be inferior.

I've heard various arguments in recent months discussing the pros and cons of selling various players. People have argued that selling Rhodes, Cairney and King were good for the club or they weren't big losses, yet what I would give for one of them 3 to be wearing the Rovers shirt next season. As it happens two of them will be in the Premier League and one was Fulham's best player last season as they build towards a promotion push by spending real money, not building a squad from loans and free agents.

Every time we've sold anyone the money hasn't been reinvested and the replacement has been poorer. Same will happen with Marshall and Hanley this summer.

keep on topic and leave chaddy out of it.

Archived