BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

• Moderation Lead

I've lost track a bit. Have we actually signed Feeney or is it just a nightmare I have had. What is the position on this guy currently?

I think there has been interest, but there's nothing concrete at the moment in terms of him actually signing for us.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

The only issue I have with those stats is the word 'Scottish'. But he can only perform against what's in front of him and more than 1 goal every 2 starts is a good sign.

Anthony Stokes domestic record in Scottish Football

Starts - 214

Sub Apps - 39

Goals - 124

Assists - 73

First goal - 49

Pen Goal - 6

#SPFL

i hope he is better than the Scottish Wayne Rooney

My understanding is that we have actually agreed deals with 2 players (at the end of last week, don't know who they are) however like everything else it has to be approved by the lunes in pune and surprise surprise there is a delay in them signing things off.

• Backroom

My understanding is that we have actually agreed deals with 2 players (at the end of last week, don't know who they are) however like everything else it has to be approved by the lunes in pune and surprise surprise there is a delay in them signing things off.

Welcome to Rovers, Owen.

Elmander has gotten some unfair criticism these last few years, when he's fit he can be a handful for any defense. Strong, quick, not bad with the ball at his feet and a good header of the ball. A middle class man's Jason Roberts. However, he's also injured a lot, and when he's coming back from those injuries and is short of match fitness he can be appalling, balls bouncing off his feet as if he were wearing clogs. Could be a decent shout, provided Coyle and the rest of the staff have a plan for his fitness issues.

Graham and Stokes would be a good start. Another 2 forwards would then be needed to make us competitive in that department over a full season.

Then we'd need midfielders to replace Williamson, Taylor, Grimes and Gomes from last season. At this stage only Lenighan, Evans and Conway could really 'do a job' for us in this area. So that's at least 4 more needed there.

Then in defence, assuming Marshall, Hanley and Duffy don't leave (unlikely they'll all stay) then we still need 2 left backs, a back up right back (if Lowe is playing there or if Marshall goes), and at least one back up CB after Kilgallon's departure.

Then probably also a 3rd keeper after Eastwood's departure.

So by my reckoning, even IF Graham and Stokes come in, we'd be needing another possibly 11 signings before the start of next season to have a squad with cover in all areas that could compete over 46 games.

I've got to say I'm surprised Kilgallon isn't being kept on. I doubt we'll do better than him as a 3rd CB.

Classic Venkys.

Clueless to the core.

Elmander has gotten some unfair criticism these last few years, when he's fit he can be a handful for any defense. Strong, quick, not bad with the ball at his feet and a good header of the ball. A middle class man's Jason Roberts. However, he's also injured a lot, and when he's coming back from those injuries and is short of match fitness he can be appalling, balls bouncing off his feet as if he were wearing clogs. Could be a decent shout, provided Coyle and the rest of the staff have a plan for his fitness issues.

But he's 35! And, as you say "he's also injured a lot".

Players tend to get more injured with age don't they? Centre-backs and goalkeepers accepted of course.

Quick? When? 2010?

Mercerman could be right about Hanley may be leaving as free agent giant defender David Wheater is linked.

Have I missed something why are we releasing an international player?

Reading back I did indeed miss something sorry.

No rush!

Anyone remember Radoslav Petrovic? Just left Dynamo Kiev to join Sporting Lisbon.

The lad we stole from under Spurs noses 🤔

One of the worst players to ever pull on the shirt, considering the wages he was earning.

Subbed at H/T at home to Villa in the relegation season, even the porky telling drunk realised he was absolutely useless.

Graham and Stokes would be a good start. Another 2 forwards would then be needed to make us competitive in that department over a full season.

Then we'd need midfielders to replace Williamson, Taylor, Grimes and Gomes from last season. At this stage only Lenighan, Evans and Conway could really 'do a job' for us in this area. So that's at least 4 more needed there.

Then in defence, assuming Marshall, Hanley and Duffy don't leave (unlikely they'll all stay) then we still need 2 left backs, a back up right back (if Lowe is playing there or if Marshall goes), and at least one back up CB after Kilgallon's departure.

Then probably also a 3rd keeper after Eastwood's departure.

So by my reckoning, even IF Graham and Stokes come in, we'd be needing another possibly 11 signings before the start of next season to have a squad with cover in all areas that could compete over 46 games.

I've got to say I'm surprised Kilgallon isn't being kept on. I doubt we'll do better than him as a 3rd CB.

Dont we have 3 centre backs already in Hanley, Duffy and Ward. Plus Lenihan can play there plus maybe Coyle will bring through Scott Wharton.

On signings I think we need between 8 to 10 players. 1 right back, 2 left backs, 3/4 strikers, goalscoring midfielder, 3rd choice keeper and maybe 4th centre back if We need one

Archived