BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

He had some horrific performances, but I don't know why, just always felt there was something there. Never got used to the tempo here, too quick.

£3m we paid for him, wages must have been £20k a week at least, he never put a meaningful tackle in the entire time he was here.

I don't blame the player completely, lack of coaching and useless tactics won't have helped, but my god he was useless.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£3m we paid for him, wages must have been £20k a week at least, he never put a meaningful tackle in the entire time he was here.

I don't blame the player completely, lack of coaching and useless tactics won't have helped, but my god he was useless.

Yeah he couldn't tackle a fish supper. Technically good though, but we only saw in flashes. Done well to get to Sporting Lisbon.

Anyway, I am off to get Feeney on my Rovers shirt.

. Really ??? ... No chance of them coming here for peanuts then

Yeah. Coyle should get you on as a scout though to spot the clear talent in 30 minutes.

The rest of the squad is at the likes of Konyaspor, Skenderbeu and FK Qarabag.

Even worse for you. You can double that.

Are we getting our shitanics mixed up? I'm on about Kalanic.

Even worse for you. You can double that.

Are we getting our shitanics mixed up? I'm on about Kalanic.

Think you said like Kalanic, we failed him.

Doesn't really matter anyway, he was bobbins, probably wouldn't get a game now!

Think you said like Kalanic, we failed him.

Doesn't really matter anyway, he was bobbins, probably wouldn't get a game now!

Yeah, I think we did. One of the many you g players we stifled.

Can't understand why people are on about his tackling then...not even a stick we beat Rhodes with.

He cost £6m though, safe to say he'd be on a minimum of 35k a week at that.

Can't understand why people are on about his tackling then...not even a stick we beat Rhodes with.

Club robbed again then......we could build a team on those figures now, or a decent manager could.

Petrovic's tackling was being questioned. You have got mixed up.

Club robbed again then......we could build a team on those figures now, or a decent manager could.

Absolutely. Crazy how we barely looked twice at such figures - yet we state we were filtering cash out now... Kind of an iffy transfer fee in my opinion.

Petrovic's tackling was being questioned. You have got mixed up.

Ah right. Yes, it was non-existent.

Are you guys talking Kalinic? He wasn't bought when Venky's were here. (edit) Spent £6mill and got our money back on him. Petrovic was a waste of money. Looked to have something about him but didn't do well here.

I rated Niko. Good to see he's gone on to do well.

Are you guys talking Kalinic? He wasn't bought when Venky's were here.

I was only originally talking about Kalanic but now I have no idea what we are on about - gives Chaddy a break though ☺

Are you guys talking Kalinic? He wasn't bought when Venky's were here.

No, I think he was bought pre Venkies....by big Sam. Who never got a transfer window with them to my memory.

Niko was a decent player in the right system but Big Sams certainly wasn't it. I think he was a bit of a panic buy who Sam thought he could do something with but it didn't work out.

Hell he even started to do well under the snake who then used that sending off as an excuse to freeze him out once they realised they could get 6 mill back for him, no doubt plus their % of course the snivelling rats.

What's all this talk about Coyle likely to have had assurances about funds? Bobbins. His interviews after he got the job suggested he didn't have a clue. And even if he did so what? If someone said to me I'll pay you a good whack for 2 years and I knew I'd probably only have to work for 25% of that before I got sacked, plus have a very public and credible excuse for failure, I'd be all over it. He knows he can't lose.

To be honest I'd be amazed if we don't bring in 5 or 6. Probably more. Because it's what we do. Look at the past few windows. There's been no shortage of incoming players. The trouble is I'm equally sure they won't be worth a lamb shank. Even Graham, as good as he was, is likely to lose a little edge if we give him that final pay cheque he wants at his age. Not being critical. Just the way it is. The trouble is we don't seem to have the funds to even compete for lower league up and comers. I'd be astonished if we sign anyone other than a bunch of no hopers.

Still, what can you do? It's a rotten affliction. Some great highs but most of the time it's a crappy hangover.

What's all this talk about Coyle likely to have had assurances about funds? Bobbins. His interviews after he got the job suggested he didn't have a clue. And even if he did so what? If someone said to me I'll pay you a good whack for 2 years and I knew I'd probably only have to work for 25% of that before I got sacked, plus have a very public and credible excuse for failure, I'd be all over it. He knows he can't lose.

To be honest I'd be amazed if we don't bring in 5 or 6. Probably more. Because it's what we do. Look at the past few windows. There's been no shortage of incoming players. The trouble is I'm equally sure they won't be worth a lamb shank. Even Graham, as good as he was, is likely to lose a little edge if we give him that final pay cheque he wants at his age. Not being critical. Just the way it is. The trouble is we don't seem to have the funds to even compete for lower league up and comers. I'd be astonished if we sign anyone other than a bunch of no hopers.

Still, what can you do? It's a rotten affliction. Some great highs but most of the time it's a crappy hangover.

Yep. One constant has been a ridiculously high turnover of players and staff over the last 5 years. I fully expect the same again this summer. They seem to enjoy dishing out contracts left, right and centre, but usually, due to their painfully slow decision making, the best players are all snapped up, leaving us dishing out 3 year contracts at the back end of the window to overpriced or not good enough rubbish.

I expect in 12 months time there will be nothing left of the squad that Bowyer put together. Just like 12 months into Kean's tenure there was next to nothing left of Sam's squad and 12 months into Bowyer's tenure there was little left of Kean's mob, or at least there weren't near the first team.

Lots and lots of money changing hands. The busiest person at Rovers in the last 5 years must have been the Secretary, sorting out all those contracts and signings.

I also expect Irvine and Kelly to be pushed towards the exit door in the coming months. Coyle will have accepted them as part of his 'team' in order to get the job, but he'll be hoping to get his mates through the door as soon as practically possible. Sandy Stewart, Steve Davis and the goalkeeper coach will be loitering in the background.

I also expect Irvine and Kelly to be pushed towards the exit door in the coming months. Coyle will have accepted them as part of his 'team' in order to get the job, but he'll be hoping to get his mates through the door as soon as practically possible. Sandy Stewart, Steve Davis and the goalkeeper coach will be loitering in the background.

I believe Coyle and Irvine are very good friends

Same agent that's still involved today though.

Thats interesting JAL - and probably explains why Sam didn't spill the beans about all that side of things.

Just out of interest what makes you believe that?

I posted it ages ago. It is true. They know each other from years back - both have very strong Bishopbriggs catholic connections. Their families lived on the same estate.

Archived