BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

IMV, there will be no more than 6 new players, assuming no sales.

However, I think there will be at least 2 departures.

I think Coyle will already be tearing his hair out - I very much doubt getting anyone in is going to prove easy. Coyle has been in situ for 10 days now and reports suggest he's working close to 24/7 yet we haven't announced a single signing. I think it's ominous and actions, or inactions, speak far louder than words.

Are you saying nobody wants to play for Coyle ?

Like Kalanic, very good potential but we failed him.

Kalinic was another poor signing he failed Rovers not the other way round.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Kalinic's strike rate is 1/3 or better everywhere he's been, except here where he scored 7 in 44. I was always a supporter of Allardyce, but no idea why we signed Niko as he clearly was never going to fit into an Allardyce team. He wasn't strong enough and he was never going to win enough headers or flick ons. When Jason Roberts is a better option you know it isn't working out.

I think he would have done much better in a Hughes team, but we'll never know. Much like Petrovic, he's gone onto far bigger and better things.

Things are of course also depending on what system Coyle wants to use. No need for four out-and-out strikers if he only plans on starting one, four central midfielders isn't enough if he plans on starting three, etc.

very good point.

I think we play 4-4-2/4-2-3-1 but I think we played with wide players if we sign Feeney cos we already Marshall, Conway and Bennett.

Our wish list and reality are going have a chasm between them! Where do you think the money is coming from for 8 to 10 players?

Whilst I don't disagree with your "list" of requirements if we get such a number goodness knows what the quality will be like

I'm saying what we need mate

I would think Coyle would have talks before taking the job about how many signings he needed/wanted and the finances were there 1st.

In the context of where we are as a club right now, it is an ok signing.

Do I like where we are as a club right now? Of course not. But that's a bigger issue.

exactly rovers11.

IMV, there will be no more than 6 new players, assuming no sales.

However, I think there will be at least 2 departures.

I think Coyle will already be tearing his hair out - I very much doubt getting anyone in is going to prove easy. Coyle has been in situ for 10 days now and reports suggest he's working close to 24/7 yet we haven't announced a single signing. I think it's ominous and actions, or inactions, speak far louder than words.

only time will tell Mercerman,

Coyle has been working hard and meeting players and agents. like this week he has been meeting strikers he targeting and their agents.

I would think Coyle would have talks before taking the job about how many signings he needed/wanted and the finances were there

Why?

He had failed in his last 3 jobs and shouldn't be anywhere near a championship managers job anymore. He probably can't believe his luck and would take it without any assurances.

Besides, we know Lambert did have some promises made when he got the job and they were all lies.

only time will tell Mercerman,

Coyle has been working hard and meeting players and agents. like this week he has been meeting strikers he targeting and their agents.

Shouldn't touch what you can't afford.

Is Coyle window shopping at Marks and Spencer when he should be looking around Home Bargains ?

Shouldn't touch what you can't afford.

Is Coyle window shopping at Marks and Spencer when he should be looking around Home Bargains ?

He has been meeting Graham and Stokes. So it would suggest we can afford them if we are meeting them and their agent

He has been meeting Graham and Stokes. So it would suggest we can afford them if we are meeting them and their agent

Unfortunately, where Venkys are involved it means nish. They change their mind mid sentence and who knows what the budget is.

Thank God they're paying the bills though...

It's a negotiation.

My worry is where is the headroom on the financials coming from ?

very good point.

I would think Coyle would have talks before taking the job about how many signings he needed/wanted and the finances were.

Lambert had the exact same conversation, he was let down and left. Coyle will be finding out right about now how slow our owners are and how much they lie/change their minds like the wind.

It would suggest he wants them. The owners can torpedo anything and have done numerous times since coming here. History repeats itself time and time again.

Lambert had the exact same conversation, he was let down and left. Coyle will be finding out right about now how slow our owners are and how much they lie/change their minds like the wind.

was Lambert promise major investment this summer? It would appear so. Was I angry that the owners didn't back Lambert? of course I was.

What has Coyle been told by the owners and the board? I don't know. But only time will tell.

Alan Nixon has said Coyle would like 5 or 6 players in by start of pre training which is about 10/11 days away I believe.

was Lambert promise major investment this summer? It would appear so. Was I angry that the owners didn't back Lambert? of course I was.

What has Coyle been told by the owners and the board? I don't know. But only time will tell.

Alan Nixon has said Coyle would like 5 or 6 players in by start of pre training which is about 10/11 days away I believe.

Squad will be full of kids, known under Lambert that owners think we should promote 7/8 into first team squad. Don't hold your breath for 5/6 signings. Unless we are now counting offering Spurr a contract.

I would think Coyle would have talks before taking the job about how many signings he needed/wanted and the finances were there 1st.

He probably snatched our hands off, regardless of how much is available for transfers. I bet he's thanking his lucky stars because not in a million years was Owen Coyle getting another Championship job after his last three failures... Until we came along of course. And I bet he's getting a decent wage for it.

As for transfers, he'll be able to chuck together a squad, probably one that isn't good enough. Have no doubt he's aware there's peanuts to work with. If there was money available, we'd have a better calibre of manager than Owen Coyle.

It seems to take 10 days just to get a signing approved in Pune.

He's got no chance of getting 6 through the door anytime soon.

Some of these Albanians look pretty good ... Rather naively I just thought they'd be cannon fodder in this group but they have really impressed me , the right back and goalkeeper in particular ... No idea who they play for but they look very decent

He also said we'd completed a deal for someone on Saturday, he may name that person on the Sunday and it would be announced on Monday.

As far as I'm aware he has still not named the signing and nothing has happened.

Either:-

a) Coyle is finding out that getting decisions from the owners is painfully slow and indecisive

Or

b ) Nixon know little but pretends he knows lots and hints at the obvious.

Some of these Albanians look pretty good ... Rather naively I just thought they'd be cannon fodder in this group but they have really impressed me , the right back and goalkeeper in particular ... No idea who they play for but they look very decent

Agreed.

My little guide book tells me the right back is their most valuable player and plays for Napoli.

The keeper plays for Lazio.

He had some horrific performances, but I don't know why, just always felt there was something there. Never got used to the tempo here, too quick.

I agree, some bad games but I thought he had something about him. A decent young player in totally the wrong system. He mainly fed of punts and scraps and used to wriggle a yard of space in the box and hit the woodwork (many times) out of nothing. I felt sorry for him to be honest, never given a run, never given a strike partner.

He also said we'd completed a deal for someone on Saturday, he may name that person on the Sunday and it would be announced on Monday.

As far as I'm aware he has still not named the signing and nothing has happened.

Either:-

a) Coyle is finding out that getting decisions from the owners is painfully slow and indecisive

Or

B) Nixon know little but pretends he knows lots and hints at the obvious.

Agreed.

My little guide book tells me the right back is their most valuable player and plays for Napoli.

The keeper plays for Lazio.

. Really ??? ... No chance of them coming here for peanuts then

Archived