BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

Marshall had a very good season and is one of the few players with a bit of skill who can make a difference in games. Losing him would be a big blow.

I'm convinced at least 1 of Marshall, Hanley or Duffy will be gone come the start of the season, maybe 2.

If I'm a player looking at the goings on at Ewood I'd be out of the door at the first opportunity, the clubs in terminal decline.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marshall was one of the plus points of last season so your way off the mark. Yes he has his moments but I'd say it's frustration more than disinterest. He's one of the only ones who loses his rag at his casual teammates at times and the fact he covers many positions says he's a very important team member in the present climate.

Far from perfect but hell to replace him with someone like Feeney then no thanks. Also sacrificing anyone to sign others i'll just point you in the direction of Rhodes and his disappearing fee !

Yep. I saw a headline saying Rovers "win race" to sign Feeney....OMFG!!

• Moderation Lead

It was the same when Bolton signed him after he'd been on loan here. Their local paper said they'd 'beaten local rivals Blackburn Rovers to the signature of Liam Feeney', when in truth, we were glad we weren't going there again. How the tables have turned eh?

Marshall had a very good season and is one of the few players with a bit of skill who can make a difference in games. Losing him would be a big blow.

Totally agree - was my player of the season, as he was the one player you always felt may doing something different.

Personally I have rarely seen a right back influence games as much as Marshall did - and it was noticeable towards the end of the season that teams were marking him out for special treatment.

IMO he has the skill to be at a top Premiership club, possibly at right back - just needs the right handling.

Not my ideal signing - but looked better for other teams than he did in his time at Rovers. A strange signing - we have lots of wingers anyway - and if he is being brought in as a squad player (which IMO is the best you can say about him) I would prefer Mahoney to be given that opportunity.

I'm convinced at least 1 of Marshall, Hanley or Duffy will be gone come the start of the season, maybe 2.

If I'm a player looking at the goings on at Ewood I'd be out of the door at the first opportunity, the clubs in terminal decline.

This decline feels far worse than any other I've experienced in decades of supporting Rovers (and there have been many dark days).

Personally, I feel we are totally bereft of leadership and hope

You look back in history and there were always board members with strong alliances to Rovers over many years. Okay at times things weren't perfect and some you might say were in it for what they could get (business connections, social buzz etc) but at least there was some association with Rovers.

Who have we now other than the silent man, and IMV useless, Burnley Bob and the paid 'mercenaries' Cheston and Silvester.

I am totally with you Gav in feeling we will only continue to go one way until the Raos are gone.

Be funny if it does happen. There's been a lot of bluster today from the 'it'll never happen' brigade....they'll prob all start moaning that he's on too much money!! 😂😂

Me being one of them, very pleased if we get Graham, also a little bit surprised.

This decline feels far worse than any other I've experienced in decades of supporting Rovers (and there have been many dark days).

Personally, I feel we are totally bereft of leadership and hope

You look back in history and there were always board members with strong alliances to Rovers over many years. Okay at times things weren't perfect and some you might say were in it for what they could get (business connections, social buzz etc) but at least there was some association with Rovers.

Who have we now other than the silent man, and IMV useless, Burnley Bob and the paid 'mercenaries' Cheston and Silvester.

I am totally with you Gav in feeling we will only continue to go one way until the Raos are gone.

i agree. The reductionist pattern has continued for nearly six years. They have to go ...and we have to do anything we can to try to hasten that event.

I have a feeling that these arguments will be going on, this time next year when Venky's have achieved their second relegation....

Not my ideal signing - but looked better for other teams than he did in his time at Rovers. A strange signing - we have lots of wingers anyway - and if he is being brought in as a squad player (which IMO is the best you can say about him) I would prefer Mahoney to be given that opportunity.

We do have lots of other wingers, worth more than Feeney which is why I'm guessing he's the free replacement for at least one of them.

And this is how it's going to be and how it's going to go on until there is nothing left to sell.

The only question ts how long this process will take.

Why don't you start a new thread then gumboots?

How about you're favorite away day following Rovers? get some good memories flowing instead of all this cr@p

Good memories are all we have left. I don't want to use them up too quickly.

Who do we thinks actually signing players? speaking to agents? arranging medicals? negotiating contracts?

Lambert had absolutely no joy getting even our own players contracts sorted out let alone speaking to other clubs.

I have been invited for a trial at Rovers next week.

I sent them a YouTube clip of of Eusabio and told Mike Chesterfield it was me and I would work for £10k per week plus beer money, and a front row seat on the Ladbrokes slots.

I had a return call asking me to come in on Monday and provide urine and stool samples.

I am going to nominate the Missus as my agent.

PS. Don't tell Nicko. He might want a cut of my wedge.

As others have pointed out, the Feeney signing looks like it will be to pave the way for an exit. Personally, I think it will be Marshall. Don't think Hanley will be pushing for a move but could see Marshall sulking if he can't talk to the likes of Sheff Wed or Brighton (never thought I'd say that). Would much rather see Mahoney given a chance than Feeney personally.

As for Spurr, really hope he'll be back up. Too slow, not good enough on the ball, etc. Looks like a deer caught in the headlights every time he steps onto the pitch. Can't see us signing any better though so yippee.

£20mil brought in from transfers over the last 12 months replaced with nothing but freebies and loan signings. Worrying to say the least.

Some people will look for the positives no matter who rolls into town between now and September. Personally I think Feeney would be an awful signing. Some people will point to what was by several accounts a decent season for him last year, but I would prefer to rely wherever possible on what I have seen with my own eyes. He was dreadful for us 2 seasons ago, and since then he's reached the milestone of 30 and been relegated with Bolton.

I'm not really interested in what Ipswich fans think of him. They have Mick McCarthy, who has the proven ability to get blood out of a stone in this league. This is the same Ipswich that handed Luke Varney a permanent contract and still finished 7th in the league last season.

There's no positive to a signing like Feeney, except he's another body in the building which has to be better than the 13 players we currently have.

Money will be syphoned off by the mysterious ones until nothing is left. Then, like locusts, they will move on to strip something else to the bone.

And the longer the supporters do the square root of Feck all, we'll get exactly what we deserve.

Some people will look for the positives no matter who rolls into town between now and September. Personally I think Feeney would be an awful signing. Some people will point to what was by several accounts a decent season for him last year, but I would prefer to rely wherever possible on what I have seen with my own eyes. He was dreadful for us 2 seasons ago, and since then he's reached the milestone of 30 and been relegated with Bolton.

I'm not really interested in what Ipswich fans think of him. They have Mick McCarthy, who has the proven ability to get blood out of a stone in this league. This is the same Ipswich that handed Luke Varney a permanent contract and still finished 7th in the league last season.

There's no positive to a signing like Feeney, except he's another body in the building which has to be better than the 13 players we currently have.

I trust my mate who is a Bolton fan and he laughed when I said we had all but signed him! its the transfer lucky dip bin we are now rummaging around in

Money will be syphoned off by the mysterious ones until nothing is left. Then, like locusts, they will move on to strip something else to the bone.

And the longer the supporters do the square root of Feck all, we'll get exactly what we deserve.

We can't be far off the 'nothing left' stage. So hopefully we won't be far off the locust stage and them moving on to something else, although I don't see it that way. Unlike locusts this lot will hang around well beyond all the assets have gone and there's nothing left to pocket. Quite why is anyone's guess.

Hanley and Duffy are the only 'big ones'. The only two that the club could reasonably expect more than a million pounds or so for. Marshall would be also but the fools have allowed him to reach the final 12 months of his deal without getting him tied down to a new contract.

Quite what the 'plan' is with Marshall I don't know. It's well documented that they rejected a multi-million pound bid from Brighton last summer for him. They must have known at that stage that he only had 2 years to go and that unless they gave him a new deal his value would continue to fall. Now he's only one year left they either need to get him tied down now, sell him for less than offered last year, or face losing him for nothing in 2017.

If they had any sense they would either have sold him last summer or immediately tied him down to a new 4-5 year deal. They did neither and now we face losing him for less money or him leaving for nowt. Great business once again.

Archived