BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe Coyle and Irvine are very good friends

Coyle's right hand man for the whole of his management career has been Sandy Stewart. I'd be astonished if Coyle didn't want him on his coaching staff in some form or another.

I'm not doubting he might be pals with Irvine, but when the club basically insists that the new manager has to be willing to work with Lambert's staff rather than recruit his own then Coyle is of course going to work with him, for now.

It's reassuring to me to have Irvine and Kelly involved as I trust them.

It's hardly surprising these Scottish lads know each other well even before we factor in if they are secret stable mates or not. Rarely does it work though a guy taking over someone else's backroom staff. They are however handy scapegoats who's heads can be served up to save your own when things aren't going well. We've seen this a few times before under V's.

Kean's succession of John Jensen, Paul Clement and Eric Black in the space of 2 years. Quite a turnover of assistant managers that is. All presumably took the blame for horrendous results rather than the man who they worked for.

Every single one of them planted in there by you know who followed by the revolving door of managers. Hope we aren't in for a repeat of that. Still if anyone is in the know on it all they could fill their pockets at the bookies ;)

Kean's succession of John Jensen, Paul Clement and Eric Black in the space of 2 years. Quite a turnover of assistant managers that is. All presumably took the blame for horrendous results rather than the man who they worked for.

i forgot about jensen, he seemed a good guy(and probably a talented coach) scummo kean really made a patsy of him.

I think even Kean admitted that he had never even met Jensen before he was appointed as assistant manager. I've tried to find the story but can't, but I definitely remember Kean saying he knew nothing about Jensen or his coaching experience before he turned up at the training ground as the new assistant manager, before then attempting to convince everyone that this was perfectly acceptable behaviour for a Premier League club.

Interestingly Jensen was SEM/Kentaro linked and previously was at Arsenal (same as he who must not be named)

Every single one of them planted in there by you know who followed by the revolving door of managers. Hope we aren't in for a repeat of that. Still if anyone is in the know on it all they could fill their pockets at the bookies ;)

Just imagine having starting odds with your football investment fund mates on all those manager appointments and exits, never mind the benefits of a player conveyor belt with you at the switch, you could have a nice tidy profit

I think even Kean admitted that he had never even met Jensen before he was appointed as assistant manager. I've tried to find the story but can't, but I definitely remember Kean saying he knew nothing about Jensen or his coaching experience before he turned up at the training ground as the new assistant manager, before then attempting to convince everyone that this was perfectly acceptable behaviour for a Premier League club.

Interestingly Jensen was SEM/Kentaro linked and previously was at Arsenal (same as he who must not be named)

Correct infact I think he said they just had a brief phone call and decided their ideas where the same so Kean said come. Shades of Coyles appointment after Ian phoned out of the blue....

Just a glaring example back then of Kentaro etc moving thier people through our books, putting them in the shop window and giving them a wage before something better came along. What a scam !!!

Just imagine having starting odds with your football investment fund mates on all those manager appointments and exits, never mind the benefits of a player conveyor belt with you at the switch, you could have a nice tidy profit

Yep a great little set up that putting money directly into your back pockets without any trace of it on the clubs books.

Transfers lads!!! Not Kean, Jenson, Clement, Kentaro blah blah...

So it looks like the the Graham - Stokes combo is the one he wants, Feeney the likely bit of pace and then there's the mystery young PL playmaker...my guess is Nick Powell.

But Iv been doing the maths and assuming we get these surely we need another two strikers, two left backs, CB cover and CM cover just to have a squad capable of dealing with injuries...

Cheers Chaddy, stokes and graham for the two strikers I hope. I think it could work. Stokes has a very good record in Scotland.

No idea on the young player. Have you heard anything on Twitter about that one?

Isn't Nick Powell out of contract Mani? Why would we be talking to his club about a loan if he's out of contract? My guess would be Gedion Zelalem from Arsenal.

Stokes Graham be great if it happens need a back up as well Graham already knows the set up stokes has bags of talent

Feeny not a good one as that's the most likely to happen then someone let go

Transfers lads!!! Not Kean, Jenson, Clement, Kentaro blah blah...

So it looks like the the Graham - Stokes combo is the one he wants, Feeney the likely bit of pace and then there's the mystery young PL playmaker...my guess is Nick Powell.

But Iv been doing the maths and assuming we get these surely we need another two strikers, two left backs, CB cover and CM cover just to have a squad capable of dealing with injuries...

Exactly lets talk transfers and not about those people.

I agree Coyle wants Graham and Stokes combo. If we got them then great stuff.

No idea who this young midfielder is but It could come from Arsenal as he needs loaned players from Wenger before.

If we get these 4 players then only another 4 to 6 players to bring in

My first thoughts was Pritchard at Spurs, ran the show for Brentford down here the other season. Thought a few prem clubs would be after him though..

Have to say it seems Coyle has not been sat on his big fat arse since he started...... proof is in the pudding, as they say.... but at the moment he seems to have a plan.... anyone know who the mystery young midfielder is???

Thought Nick Powell had been released ?? If OCM is "in discussions with club" surely that would suggest a player under contract ..I.e not Powell

Got a sneaking feeling this could be Daniel Crowley from Arsenal, was on loan at Barnsley last year.

I reckon the youngster is Dan Crowley from Arsenal.

The kid is a very good player.

Had the pleasure of taking in Barnsley v Shrewsbury last year. He is technically superb, bit slight. Think he is talked about as the next Wilshire and Coyle had him.

Got a sneaking feeling this could be Daniel Crowley from Arsenal, was on loan at Barnsley last year.

Had the pleasure of taking in Barnsley v Shrewsbury last year. He is technically superb, bit slight. Think he is talked about as the next Wilshire and Coyle had him.

Could also be Ruben Loftus Cheek, although im not sure what type of midfielder he is. From the littlebive seen, he seems like a grafter, who has a good engine on him. Coyle can go after him and Crowley to replace Taylor and Williamson. And then bring in Graham and Stokes, them it might be interesting.

What type of midfielder is Crowley?

Would you say a David Dunn type of midfielder?

He is an attacking midfielder

Archived