BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nicko on striker targets

Lot of work been done. Picture much clearer. Once one striker done rest easier to fit in.

Spoken to five of the six strikers. Get first. Rest falls into place.

Nicko on loan player

If u knew all the things u have to do even in a loan deal... It's scary.

Loan lad will sign when back off his holiday. Midweek. All else done on that. Striker front moving on. Expect one by weekend.

Hope this really help Mani what you asked me.

Yodda yodda yodda. Thanks Nixon!

Nicko on striker targets

Lot of work been done. Picture much clearer. Once one striker done rest easier to fit in.

Nicko on loan player

Loan lad will sign when back off his holiday. Midweek. All else done on that. Striker front moving on. Expect one by weekend.

Thanks pal, appreciated.

Nicko on striker targets

Nicko on loan player

Translated:-

Team with no strikers must be talking to strikers.

I was wrong about a deal already been done last weekend but let's gloss over that.

Loan player also not happened yet. I wasn't wrong tho cos , errr, he's on holiday

I believe Graham or Stokes may sign as they are reported elsewhere.

I'm hesitant to properly give an opinion on Stokes because I never rated Graham and said so on here haha, but...

He's a good player, not a lone striker but can link the play very well and provide assists as well as goals.

It's his attitude, along with the fact he wasn't good enough for Europe, that is the reason Celtic are letting him go.

That's my main worry, bit of a moody sod. I don't know, him and Hooper together were excellent and him and Graham could easily replicate that.

Stokes and Graham could be better striker duo than we have had in years. Rhodes and Gestede never clicked. Don't think there will be a lot of back ups. Lewis Mansell may be the third choice.

They clicked far more than people on here give them credit for. The flukiest 20+ goal each season in history.

How many times did you watch them not clicking, TRoF? And how many goals would they have score me each if they had?

Pretty clear though from your in depth analysis that these never played together, speculative, Rovers signings will be a far better pairing than those two useless lumps who only got one season under a poor manager with no tactics who player in a way that didn't suit strikers.

I'll be expecting 50 or 60 goals between them on that basis, so it should be a great season ending in promotion.

What type of striker is Stokes?

Celtic (and Hibs for that matter) often use him on the leftbut he can play down the middle as well. He's deceptive. Looks a bit one paced but has a very good football brain on him that gives him a yard of space. He's a decent finisher and also puts a good cross in - he's not the worst header of a ball either. As others have said, its difficult to judge him as he's played up here for a few years now, but in terms of value for money, if he clicks he will provide that for us. All in all I think it is a decent signing. He's a much better player than Goodwillie ever was, Stokes has done it for a few seasons now. He's a stroppy bugger though (allegedly), and Celtic couldn't cope with two of them at the same time (Griffiths being the other)

Stokes and Graham could be better striker duo than we have had in years. Rhodes and Gestede never clicked. Don't think there will be a lot of back ups. Lewis Mansell may be the third choice.

never clicked? don't rewrite history ffs

Archived