BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aside from his alleged active support of a terrorist organisation, he has been trouble for Celtic.

But will he score a goal in blue and white? If he does, that's an improvement on brown

Not so sure that anyone should try to turn Stokes into a pariah for his beliefs, anyone born in Northern Ireland in previous times of unrest will have been socially obligated to choose a side, it would have been part of growing up, they wouldn`t have been able to avoid it. As long as the lad didn`t actually commit any acts of terrorism, surely we can make allowances and not judge, accuse or demonise the lad, especially considering he hasn`t officially even put pen to paper yet, as far as we know.

I'll hold my hands up here. There was nothing wrong with your post, but I felt it might be jumped on by the usual so tried acting pre-emptively.

Tbh, what I should've done is PM you at the time to see what you thought before hiding. My apologies for that. Would you like it unhiding?

No Mike, that's fine .Thanks for explaining.

I think everyone can see the problem though when a quite jokey post is removed because it questions Nixon's comments.

Not so sure that anyone should try to turn Stokes into a pariah for his beliefs, anyone born in Northern Ireland in previous times of unrest will have been socially obligated to choose a side, it would have been part of growing up, they wouldn`t have been able to avoid it. As long as the lad didn`t actually commit any acts of terrorism, surely we can make allowances and not judge, accuse or demonise the lad, especially considering he hasn`t officially even put pen to paper yet, as far as we know.

He was Born in Dublin I think.

If he signs he'll polarise opinion, if he scores most Rovers fans will forget any principles they held and get his name on the backs of shirts.

Leaving aside the RA allegations, Christ almighty the lad hasn't even been announced yet and he's being written off on here. Is anyone going to get a fair crack of the whip?

Definitely give him a fair crack of the whip he was fantastic in the cup final and certainly has talent imho could well be a very good signing

Anyone slagging him certainly hasn't seen him play

He was Born in Dublin I think.

If he signs he'll polarise opinion, if he scores most Rovers fans will forget any principles they held and get his name on the backs of shirts.

Even though there is a north side divide, that vein still runs deep, maybe not equally but it is still there.

• Backroom

Shades of Badwille with this geezer .

In fairness, Goodwillie's record in Scotland wasn't even that good before we signed him. Stokes definitely has better form in that regard.

He was sent to Hibs on loan for tweeting angrily about not even being included on the bench for a Celtic league match. Scored 2 goals in the cup final and won Hibs the cup, so it didn't work out so badly for him.

With respect to Stokes enjoying the night life, make him live in Blackburn.He'll be home by 10.30 pm every night.

You'll have to ban him from Manchester, too.

My season ticket at Ewood, is in no way shape or form an endorsement of the ownership.

Sure it is. You can justify the decision however you want, it doesn't change the fact that you are financially endorsing the status quo.

• Backroom

Stokes completed Rovers move

Rovers complete Stokes swoop

https://t.co/MZYm4VoLkD

Rovers are delighted to announce the signing of proven goalscorer Anthony Stokes.

The "proven goalscorer" part is a bit weird for an official announcement. Almost like they're trying to justify the signing without mentioning why...

[quote name="DE." post="1662269" timestamp=

The "proven goalscorer" part is a bit weird for an official announcement. Almost like they're trying to justify the signing without mentioning why...

They must be lurking on here DE lol

61 games in the English leagues - 4 goals.

Proven in Scotland, getting into double figures for league goals in five seperate seasons up there, twice getting into the 20's. Anything but proven in England though. I'll give him a chance seeing as he's here, joining at the right age but not expecting anything special.

• Backroom

They must be lurking on here DE lol

It does make you wonder. It jumped out as me straight away as being an odd thing to put in an official announcement. I wonder if people have been tweeting about it? They'd take more notice of what was being posted onto their twitter account than what's being said on here, I assume.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/anthony-stokes-3145810.aspx

All rosy in the garden then - and Owen was the catalyst!!

Any more news on Graham/the loanee?

did we run out of scarves or shirt for him to hold up?

i will be angry if we signed Stokes, and that will be the end of us bringing in Graham. But it wouldnt surprise me, if we no go and find a rank average striker to play alongside Stokes

We should have partnered Fletcher and Graham, as i see Sunderland released Fletcher.

fletcher would be a big ask, doubt he'd come here, dingle too, but I wouldn't hold that against him if he did come here (which he will not) as he'd be a top player at this level

Archived